Author Topic: You Can't Sell Blueberries From Your Farm in This City Unless You Affirm Gay Marriage  (Read 3325 times)

Oceander

@DCPatriot

I'm not baiting @DiogenesLamp

I just don't believe that homosexuals are sinners, evil, or mentally ill. I think they're just simply a little bit different. Normal, but rare, like a four leaf clover.

:thumbsup:

A modicum of sanity.

Offline RoosGirl

That remains to be seen.   From what I am seeing,  they are indeed a danger to our way of life.   The Idiot Obama administration was going to let homosexuals start donating blood again.   Do you have any idea how many people *DIED*   as a result of homosexuals in the blood supply?

@DiogenesLamp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/12/21/fda-officially-alters-decades-old-ban-on-blood-donations-from-gay-and-bisexual-men/?utm_term=.82e28038da93

FDA: Gay men can once again donate blood in U.S., if they haven’t had sex for a year

The Food and Drug Administration on Monday lifted a decades-old, lifetime ban on blood donation for men who have had sex with other men, replacing it with a 12-month "deferral" period that prohibits such donors from giving blood for a year after their last same-sex contact.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:57:54 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

That remains to be seen.   From what I am seeing,  they are indeed a danger to our way of life.   The Idiot Obama administration was going to let homosexuals start donating blood again.   Do you have any idea how many people *DIED*   as a result of homosexuals in the blood supply?
There was a crapload of tainted blood that came out of prisons in Arkansas when Clinton was Governor hat killed quite a few. (AIDS, HEP-C, and other pathogens.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

In other words, certain groups of people are steroetyped for a reason.

I recall reading an article on stereotypes that indicated it was survival shorthand.    When people are rapidly faced with new encounters,   they are more likely to survive if they quickly identify the new encounters and their potential for danger.   

A couple of years ago I realized this is an inherent characteristic of people.   We categorize,  and in the absence of direct knowledge,  we rely on our categorization. 

Take snakes for example.    If we are walking along and we suddenly realize we are about to step on a snake,   we don't pause for a moment and contemplate whether or not the snake is dangerous.   We instantly assume it is,   and we leap away from it. 

After we are certain any potential danger is passed,  then we might take the time to examine the snake more closely to see if it might be one of the harmless variety.   

So too do we behave with people.   Stereotypes are survival shorthand,  just like assuming any suddenly encountered snake is dangerous.   The danger from identifying a harmless snake as deadly is virtually non existent,   but the danger of falsely assuming a venomous snake is harmless can be fatal. 

Stereotyping works like this too.    If you are have misidentified harmless people as dangerous,  you are embarrassed.    If you misidentify dangerous people as harmless,  you likely won't survive the encounter. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/12/21/fda-officially-alters-decades-old-ban-on-blood-donations-from-gay-and-bisexual-men/?utm_term=.82e28038da93

FDA: Gay men can once again donate blood in U.S., if they haven’t had sex for a year

The Food and Drug Administration on Monday lifted a decades-old, lifetime ban on blood donation for men who have had sex with other men, replacing it with a 12-month "deferral" period that prohibits such donors from giving blood for a year after their last same-sex contact.

Idiocy.     When people die from this,   those people at the FDA who did this need to be prosecuted and hanged.   

Trusting homosexuals to tell the truth about their sexual encounters is bone grindingly stupid. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Idiocy.     When people die from this,   those people at the FDA who did this need to be prosecuted and hanged.   

Trusting homosexuals to tell the truth about their sexual encounters is bone grindingly stupid.

Trusting most people to tell the truth about their sexual encounters is stupid, however in the case of homosexuals can end up killing people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I recall reading an article on stereotypes that indicated it was survival shorthand.    When people are rapidly faced with new encounters,   they are more likely to survive if they quickly identify the new encounters and their potential for danger.   

A couple of years ago I realized this is an inherent characteristic of people.   We categorize,  and in the absence of direct knowledge,  we rely on our categorization. 

Take snakes for example.    If we are walking along and we suddenly realize we are about to step on a snake,   we don't pause for a moment and contemplate whether or not the snake is dangerous.   We instantly assume it is,   and we leap away from it. 

After we are certain any potential danger is passed,  then we might take the time to examine the snake more closely to see if it might be one of the harmless variety.   

So too do we behave with people.   Stereotypes are survival shorthand,  just like assuming any suddenly encountered snake is dangerous.   The danger from identifying a harmless snake as deadly is virtually non existent,   but the danger of falsely assuming a venomous snake is harmless can be fatal. 

Stereotyping works like this too.    If you are have misidentified harmless people as dangerous,  you are embarrassed.    If you misidentify dangerous people as harmless,  you likely won't survive the encounter.
In a nutshell, xenophobia is a perfectly normal survival instinct, like many survival instincts the Left decries in their quest to normalize an unnatural existence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

In a nutshell, xenophobia is a perfectly normal survival instinct, like many survival instincts the Left decries in their quest to normalize an unnatural existence.

Yes.   The left is constantly trying to "remake"  man,  instead of recognizing the inherent flaws that exist in humanity.   

This is Nietzscheian.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

This is Nietzscheian.

That is a good point.   
Whenever someone mentions Nietzshe I am reminded of what Olson Johnson said to his Brother Howard Johnson on the subject.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That is a good point.   
Whenever someone mentions Nietzshe I am reminded of what Olson Johnson said to his Brother Howard Johnson on the subject.

The left not only believes they can remake man into a better human,   they are also Malthusians.   The "human weeds"  need to be eradicated. 

The left has long embraced these two pillars of philosophical thought. 

— Lord Melbourne —