Author Topic: Tiger Woods Arrested for DUI  (Read 2398 times)

Offline mountaineer

Tiger Woods Arrested for DUI
« on: May 29, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »

Golfer Tiger Woods arrested on DUI charges in Jupiter
Scott Sutton
11:12 AM, May 29, 2017
1 min ago
WPTV

JUPITER, Fla. - Golfer Tiger Woods was arrested on charges of driving under the influence early Monday morning in Jupiter.

Woods, a Jupiter Island resident, was taken into custody at 3 a.m. on Military Trail South of Indian Creek Parkway.

Palm Beach County Jail records indicate Woods was released from custody at 10:50 a.m.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Tiger Woods Arrested for DUI
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 03:49:47 pm »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 03:51:01 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 03:55:21 pm »
Just the other day they (TW and his "team") trotted out the ol' "I feel great, back's just fine, eager to get back to golf" story. Hmm. Little bit of a detour, perhaps.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 04:00:08 pm »
Tiger Woods arrested on DUI charge in Florida early Monday morning
Woods was arrested at 3 a.m. for driving under the influence

A resident of Jupiter, which is located about 20 minutes away, Woods was arrested at 3 a.m. and booked into Palm Beach County Jail. He was released at 10:50 a.m., according to court records.

Continued: http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/tiger-woods-arrested-on-dui-charge-in-florida-early-monday-morning/
So he was in jail for a few hours; not sure if he had some sort of a prior issue like this, it seems to ring a bell.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:00:55 pm »

He looks really zonked there, glad they caught him, it could have possibly been worse.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 04:19:26 pm »
So he was in jail for a few hours; not sure if he had some sort of a prior issue like this, it seems to ring a bell.

Looks like he might be mixing Ambien (zolpidem) and booze again.   Got the Zombie stare working in his mug shoot.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
Tiger could have simply taken a cab or hailed Uber.

During his long run of fame and success, his image probably made him 1/2 of the money and his golf prowess the rest.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »
Looks like Tiger is going to need to switch out drivers.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »
Looks like Tiger is going to need to switch out drivers.

How do you "Tiger" proof a golf course? By stragetically placing fire hydrants.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:36 pm »
Before Woods hit his first pro golf ball, he signed endorsement contracts with NIke and Titleist for around 60 million.  So I'll give him credit for going out and making himself one of the greatest golfers in the world when he was already wealthy and didn't have to try.
After he won the U.S. Open in 2008 very few would have bet that he'd never win a big tournament again.
I've never seen a fall from grace like what happened to Woods. He brought it all on himself.
He has to console himself with only having about 600 million dollars left after the fallout, but I doubt he's a happy person. Too bad. :03:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 04:01:14 am »
Tiger Woods: Alcohol 'not involved' in arrest

Golfer Tiger Woods says alcohol was "not involved" in his arrest while driving in Florida early on Monday.

The player, who was charged with Driving Under the Influence (DUI), blamed "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medication".

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," he said.

Police released a mugshot of Woods, looking unshaven and unkempt, following his arrest in the town of Jupiter.

"I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications," he said.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40089225

Did I hear he had a bad back? This sounds like pain-killers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:01:30 am by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 04:10:15 am »
Did I hear he had a bad back? This sounds like pain-killers.

A friend of mine was arrested for being driving, under the influence but it was sleeping pills.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 04:51:09 am »
Tiger could have simply taken a cab or hailed Uber.

Amazing isn't it? Why Tiger Woods [make that ANYONE] would be driving around at 3am is a real mystery. Dammit man, the guy has hundreds of millions of dollars. What was he doing? Whatever it was, it was something he didn't want anyone to know about. Otherwise, he would simply take a limo to where ever it was he was going.

Unless you've lived in a box all your life, you have to know that you are going to get pulled over. In those wee hours of the morning, the Cops pull over just about everybody on the road. The logic goes that anyone driving around at 3/4am is either drunk or a criminal. And most of the time, they are absolutely right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 04:58:56 am »

Dude...

I mean, with your money, get some hair plugs...please.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 05:42:45 am »
Quote from: articleTomLinked
"I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications," he said.

Then any sane person would of accepted the breath test the officers offered him to prove it wasn't alcohol.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50:31 am »

Amazing isn't it? Why Tiger Woods [make that ANYONE] would be driving around at 3am is a real mystery. Dammit man, the guy has hundreds of millions of dollars. What was he doing? Whatever it was, it was something he didn't want anyone to know about. Otherwise, he would simply take a limo to where ever it was he was going.

Unless you've lived in a box all your life, you have to know that you are going to get pulled over. In those wee hours of the morning, the Cops pull over just about everybody on the road. The logic goes that anyone driving around at 3/4am is either drunk or a criminal. And most of the time, they are absolutely right.
I once heard a good rule of thumb is "nothing good happens after midnight."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 11:45:47 am »

No truth to the rumor that B. Hussein Obama was overheard to say, "If I had a son, he'd look like Tiger Woods."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »
His story doesn't make much sense. After how many surgeries, and he doesn't know the effect of pain medication?
Tiger Woods found asleep at wheel, arrest report says
By Jill Martin and Rosa Flores, CNN
Updated 12:17 PM ET, Tue May 30, 2017
Former golf No. 1 Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

(CNN)Tiger Woods was found asleep at the wheel the morning of his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, police records show.

Jupiter, Florida, police discovered Woods early Monday on the side of the road, with his 2015 Mercedes-Benz running, its brake lights illuminated and right turn signal flashing, according to the arrest report released Tuesday. He was by himself and wearing his seat belt.

The report said that Woods had to be awakened and that his speech was slurred. Woods told police he was coming from golfing in Los Angeles and he didn't know where he was, the document said. According to the report, he later changed his story and asked how far he was from his house. Woods has a home on Jupiter Island.

The report also said Woods also told police he "takes several prescriptions."

Woods took a Breathalyzer test, registering a 0.000 on it, and a urine test, the report said. The report also noted that Woods was cooperative.

On Monday, Woods said in a statement that alcohol was not involved and that he had "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications."

In a statement to CNN and other media outlets, Woods, currently rehabbing from back surgery, said he did not realize the mix of medications "had affected me so strongly."

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said.  ...
Rest of story at CNN

I wonder if the drugs were of the oxycodone variety. If so, he should move to WV. He'd feel at home.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 05:25:26 pm »
What's sad is that it appears that Tiger is totally unprepared for life after professional Golf.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:09 pm »
Looks like he might be mixing Ambien (zolpidem) and booze again.   Got the Zombie stare working in his mug shoot.

My dr. prescribed Ambien for sleeping after my shoulder surgery.  That is some NASTY stuff.  You don't just slowly fall to a gentle sleep...it flat knocks you out.  Not taking that stuff ever again....nor hydrocodone. 

I hope Tiger gets the help he needs.  It's a shame to see him go down in flames like this.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 02:12:05 pm »

Try the new Tiger Woods Drunk Driver®.... helps get you around the trees instead of driving into them!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »
This is just too funny!
Golf pro Tiger Woods was in the news over the Memorial Day weekend with an arrest and mugshot that didn’t make him look very good. But, apparently ESPN was there to help out by photoshopping his booking photo so he didn’t look so disheveled.

When news broke that the four-time Masters winner had been arrested under suspicion of drunk driving, ESPN went to air with the mugshot released by the Jupiter, Florida, police, the Daily Mail noted.

But, the image ESPN aired was decidedly different than the actual mugshot released by Jupiter police officials.

ESPN’s version of the mugshot showed Woods with some nicely combed hair compared to the real one.

In the mugshot released by police, Woods’ hair is decidedly unkempt and frizzy. But, ESPN’s version gave the golfer a nicely combed mane. ...
Breitbart  :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
Then any sane person would of accepted the breath test the officers offered him to prove it wasn't alcohol.

You do realize that mind altering substances, alter the mind? At the time, he felt normal, as if his mind was not altered.

"I'll be okay. I'm fine."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:07:57 pm by truth_seeker »