Poll

Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?

Overwhelming
13 (31.7%)
Overblown
28 (68.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 02, 2017, 08:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?  (Read 26398 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:21 pm »
Not according to them.

It's what this always boils down to: if we do not support Trump all-the-way-at-all-times and whatever it is he says and does, we are Libs/Hillary supporters/Democrats/DU Trolls/Leftists/Coup supporters/MSM Media operatives etc., etc., etc.

We are either with them in lockstep, or we are the enemy.

Just as I said their mindset was earlier.  They just keep demonstrating it. 

Liberty only exists if you agree with, speak and vote the way they demand it.

Otherwise we are Libs and the enemy.
What you correctly describe is the logical fallacy of "Either-Or" -  a false choice between diametrically opposed beliefs.  It is compounded in this event by an equally classic straw man argument, ascribing undesirable beliefs and risible motives to the person whose opinion is never truly challenged. It is a common refuge of those who refuse to consider the merits of others arguments and seek refuge in deflection, which is not infrequently accompanied by ad hominem insults.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
What you correctly describe is the logical fallacy of "Either-Or" -  a false choice between diametrically opposed beliefs.  It is compounded in this event by an equally classic straw man argument, ascribing undesirable beliefs and risible motives to the person whose opinion is never truly challenged. It is a common refuge of those who refuse to consider the merits of others arguments and seek refuge in deflection, which is not infrequently accompanied by ad hominem insults.
THIS!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2017, 10:38:50 pm »
THIS!!

Wingnut

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2017, 10:43:05 pm »
THIS!!

Then there's one thing you men will be able to say when this war is over and you get back home. Thirty years from now when you're sitting by your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks, 'What did you do in the great World War Two?' You won't have to cough and say, 'Well, your granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.' No sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say 'Son, your granddaddy rode with the great Third Army and a son-of-a-goddamned-bitch named George Patton!'

And for Frau Merkle suck on this:

Let the first bastards to find out be the goddamned Germans. Someday, I want them to rise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl 'Ach! It's the goddamned Third Army and that son-of-a-bitch Patton again!'

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2017, 10:47:49 pm »
I don't buy that. 

Most of the visceral Trump arguments here are reactionary as a result of someone like jpsb making a stupid statement about the members here who are not ga-ga with Trump.

The rest of them are usually the results of Conservatives doing a 'see-I-told-you-so' stance in regards to the news, usually associated with Trump's inability to control his thumbs on Twitter, though that silly fight over Trump's wife not holding his little hand was pretty stupid.

Now it's pro-Trump arguments over anger regarding the discussing of 'fake news' or news from sources other than Breitbart.

Total bullsh*t.

Anybody can log in as early as noon and you will find a total of six or seven active threads in POLITICS, OPINIONS, SCANDALS, NEWS.....and if the thread has 6 posts, they're ALL anti-Trump, one-line screeds, demeaning the POTUS, calling him all sorts of derogatory names. 

And then, have the gall to get insulted when we suggest they as a group, "HATE" President Trump.

If that ain't 'hate', WTF is?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:48:27 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2017, 10:50:48 pm »
Total bullsh*t.

Anybody can log in as early as noon and you will find a total of six or seven active threads in POLITICS, OPINIONS, SCANDALS, NEWS.....and if the thread has 6 posts, they're ALL anti-Trump, one-line screeds, demeaning the POTUS, calling him all sorts of derogatory names. 

And then, have the gall to get insulted when we suggest they as a group, "HATE" President Trump.

Go look in a mirror, listen to yourself, and you'll discover exactly what "hate" is like.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2017, 10:53:58 pm »
Total bullsh*t.

Well, given that @mystery-ak is one of our most prolific news aggregators on this board, I assume you assert she is a 'Trump hater' for merely posting the news you have decided are one-line anti-Trump, demeaning screeds?

Thanks for making my point in spades there pal!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »
Go look in a mirror, listen to yourself, and you'll discover exactly what "hate" is like.

Yesterday, when I said you were running around the forum, acting like a little girl, you were quick to focus on that and call it an ad hominem attack.

Today, you called @jpsb a troll and a liar.   You refer to President Trump as the "Orange [fill-in-the-blank]

Pot...kettle....black.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:14 pm »
Well, given that @mystery-ak is one of our most prolific news aggregators on this board, I assume you assert she is a 'Trump hater' for merely posting the news you have decided are one-line anti-Trump, demeaning screeds?

Thanks for making my point in spades there pal!

Don't put words in my mouth you worthless POS.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »

He proclaimed boldfaced that he hates us, and is proud to admit it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »
Yesterday, when I said you were running around the forum, acting like a little girl, you were quick to focus on that and call it an ad hominem attack.

Today, you called @jpsb a troll and a liar.   You refer to President Trump as the "Orange [fill-in-the-blank]

Pot...kettle....black.

Nope.  I call it like it is.  You hate.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2017, 10:59:56 pm »
Nope.  I call it like it is.  You hate.

We hate each other, slick.     ^-^

Oceander

« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2017, 11:01:26 pm »
We hate each other, slick.     ^-^

Whatever.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2017, 11:02:04 pm »
So - still boring then.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2017, 11:03:36 pm »
Whatever.

You worked hard for it.  Embrace it.    :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2017, 11:03:36 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:09 pm »
So - still boring then.

Et tu, Marc.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:29 pm »
Don't put words in my mouth you worthless POS.

Even though I may be a worthless POS, demeaning POTUS is as American as Apple Pie there bub, and we have every right and privilege to do so, whether you like it or not.

Demeaning members here on this board as POS' however, is not exactly within the desired rules of conduct for this private enterprise and your hate is a bit more personalized than simply our indifference or disapproval of the president.

Oceander

« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »
You worked hard for it.  Embrace it.    :laugh:

Your hate isn't worth that much; all it takes is a less than fawning attitude toward your Orange God, Trump.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2017, 11:05:19 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »

Excuse me for being out earlier today for my grandson's ballgame.

I come back and start reading new posts.....I'm several pages behind.

So don't give me that drama queen crap, please?

Thank y ou.

« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2017, 11:07:37 pm »
Then there's one thing you men will be able to say when this war is over and you get back home. Thirty years from now when you're sitting by your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks, 'What did you do in the great World War Two?' You won't have to cough and say, 'Well, your granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.' No sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say 'Son, your granddaddy rode with the great Third Army and a son-of-a-goddamned-bitch named George Patton!'

And for Frau Merkle suck on this:

Let the first bastards to find out be the goddamned Germans. Someday, I want them to rise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl 'Ach! It's the goddamned Third Army and that son-of-a-bitch Patton again!'

:thumbsup3:   :patriot:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2017, 11:09:08 pm »

Why are you piling on?  This exchange didn't involve you.  @CatherineofAragon

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2017, 11:09:08 pm »
Even though I may be a worthless POS, demeaning POTUS is as American as Apple Pie there bub, and we have every right and privilege to do so, whether you like it or not.

Demeaning members here on this board as POS' however, is not exactly within the desired rules of conduct for this private enterprise and your hate is a bit more personalized than simply our indifference or disapproval of the president.

No it isn't.

I'm sure if Donald Trump never ran for President, you'd still be over at TOS.

I'm sure that if you and I had been there since 1998, we'd have agreed more than disagreed.

Sinkspur was one of my favorite people here.  Ask @mystery-ak   Ask freaking anyone.

And he was your unofficial NT Leader here.

Let's just speak the truth here.   You still have a bug up your a## because Trump has made you look like you don't know WTF you're talking about.

All you have left if foot stomping and complaining.

Instead, you should be giving thanks he's our POTUS>