Poll

Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?

Overwhelming
13 (31.7%)
Overblown
28 (68.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 02, 2017, 08:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?  (Read 26402 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2017, 07:46:24 pm »
I'm not upset about it at all.

I just don't tolerate snide bullies and disparagement of fellows simply because we are governed by principles they consider foolish and an obstacle.

That's all. 

@Victoria33 's comment about not commenting on threads because of the atmosphere pretty much set me on the course to write that last entry.

@INVAR

I completely understand that. I don't take well to being bullied, either.  But we kind of have to keep the environment in mind at the same time. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »
Zum Wohl Prost!!!!

Danke, mein Freund!

We won the war, right?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2017, 07:55:32 pm »

PWI????????
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:59:57 pm by mystery-ak »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
TALK
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2017, 07:58:50 pm »

Danke, mein Freund!

We won the war, right?

We did.  And as a direct result we can buy their beer and sing songs to button box accompaniment.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2017, 07:59:43 pm »
TALK

Bourbon, Scotch, Whiskey, Beer or grain alcohol?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2017, 08:00:22 pm »
/snicker

If you knew anything about NYC real estate you'd realize the truth.  But you don't, and you won't inform yourself because God forbid you should challenge your belief in the Great Orange God.

Trump isn't the end of the world by any means.  Go back in history for any length of time and he starts to look outright competent.  But he isn't a great leader, either.  A demagogue?  Yes, he's good at that, but demagoguery is not leadership.

Trump is just one more not-so-great garden variety politician this country will have to tolerate, just as it has with so many others.

I'll take what I can get - Justice Gorsuch, for example - but I'm not going to absolve Trump of all the stupidities, nor of all the future problems he's creating, simply because of Justice Gorsuch.  George W. Bush and his overreaching led directly to Obama.  I am quite worried about what Trump and his idiocies will lead to.

Get back to me when your can compose a coherent argument.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »
@INVAR

:thumbsup:

I refer you to my second-to-last post on this thread. As for the very last, yes, I got myself some whiskey, with which I now offer a toast to our fallen heroes:

I left TOS in part because of the kind of crap that we are seeing too much of here. We can disagree about Donald Trump, but we all still love America and our families and our friends.

To discuss, and even to argue about politics is a worthy and responsible endeavor.

But to make of one's political and tribal fealty a central defining premise of self-worth and a measure of the worth of others is what Conservativism explicitly rejects.

Let us please leave that to the Progressives.
888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod1

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:48 pm »
That's enough, Fred.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2017, 08:14:54 pm »
Get back to me when your can compose a coherent argument.

"If you knew anything about NYC real estate you'd realize the truth."

You are "less than," since you presumably do not know anything about NYC real estate like he does.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2017, 08:14:58 pm »
TBR is HQ for NeverTrump. Sorry, but the NeverTrumpers here overwhelm conservatives. Policies matter, reduce legal immigration, eliminate illegal immigration, renegotiate unfair trade deals and put Americans and American workers first works for me.  Many here oppose that agenda and do nothing but repeat DNC talking points.

Silver Pines

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2017, 08:25:12 pm »
TBR is HQ for NeverTrump. Sorry, but the NeverTrumpers here overwhelm conservatives. Policies matter, reduce legal immigration, eliminate illegal immigration, renegotiate unfair trade deals and put Americans and American workers first works for me.  Many here oppose that agenda and do nothing but repeat DNC talking points.

@jpsb, I don't agree that NeverTrumpers outnumber Trumpers here.  I'd say the vast majority are people who voted in what they would call a "pragmatic" way---they didn't like Trump, but they liked Hillary less.

Even if it were true, the reverse is the case on that other site, so it all washes out in the end.

I agree, policies matter.  That's why I want to see Trump make good on his promises.  He needs to get off Twitter, repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, build the wall, cut taxes, and a number of other things he said he would do.  So far I'm not seeing that much. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2017, 08:30:18 pm »
And of course, aggressive anti-Trump members will be sure to vote...making it IMPOSSIBLE for anything but "OVERBLOWN" to win.
Trump supporters are out-numbered on this forum at LEAST 4 to 1.
@DCPatriot

I didn't vote - it was a dumb poll because I knew it would start another verbal fight just as the political threads start now.

Oceander

« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2017, 08:35:12 pm »

If things are as bad as you say, why are you still here?  Why not go to greener pastures?  You either like it here, or you're a troll; either way, you're also a liar.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2017, 08:42:34 pm »

Wait a minute....I am a conservative probably the most conservative person on this forum, but I don't consider Trump a conservative although he is pushing some conserv policies...that does not make you a conservative.

And stop with the DNC talking points shit here...there are no Libs on TBR.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2017, 08:50:04 pm »

Except for that dem plant....I'm gonna find him if it's the last thing I ever do.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »

The purpose of the poll was to demonstrate NT superiority, since NT has been almost continuously wrong since last spring and the primaries. Anything to bolster their diminished spirits.

Tomorrow it will be something new, from the leftist press, Euro press, democrat talking points, or some sermon.

Meanwhile in reality land, I believe the vast majority of Veterans are strongly in favor of Trump. This is Memorial Day, about Veterans.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:14:02 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2017, 08:59:57 pm »
Wait a minute....I am a conservative probably the most conservative person on this forum, but I don't consider Trump a conservative although he is pushing some conserv policies...that does not make you a conservative.

@mystery-ak

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:32 pm »
@DCPatriot

I didn't vote - it was a dumb poll because I knew it would start another verbal fight just as the political threads start now.

I voted...just to prove a point.

Common sense....if everybody voted, the "OVERBLOWN" would win hands down.

We don't need a stupid poll to tell us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2017, 09:19:13 pm »
The purpose of the poll was to demonstrate NT superiority, since NT has been almost continuously wrong since last spring and the primaries. Anything to bolster their diminished spirits.

Tomorrow it will be something new, from the leftist press, Euro press, democrat talking points, or some sermon.

If things are as bad as you say, why are you still here?  Why not go to greener pastures?  You either like it here, or you're a troll; either way, you're also a liar.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:58 pm »
Not according to them.

It's what this always boils down to: if we do not support Trump all-the-way-at-all-times and whatever it is he says and does, we are Libs/Hillary supporters/Democrats/DU Trolls/Leftists/Coup supporters/MSM Media operatives etc., etc., etc.

We are either with them in lockstep, or we are the enemy.

Just as I said their mindset was earlier.  They just keep demonstrating it. 

Liberty only exists if you agree with, speak and vote the way they demand it.

Otherwise we are Libs and the enemy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:20 pm »
Sometimes it's best to just shut up and not further raise any hackles, than it is to continue to propound and antagonize and solidify the opposing opinions.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:53 pm »
Not according to them.

It's what this always boils down to: if we do not support Trump all-the-way-at-all-times and whatever it is he says and does, we are Libs/Hillary supporters/Democrats/DU Trolls/Leftists/Coup supporters/MSM Media operatives etc., etc., etc.

We are either with them in lockstep, or we are the enemy.

Just as I said their mindset was earlier.  They just keep demonstrating it. 

Liberty only exists if you agree with, speak and vote the way they demand it.

Otherwise we are Libs and the enemy.

IMHO there is far too much over the top emotional BS coming from both sides.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »

Nonsense.
And you'll get none of the above, btw, out of a NY liberal and a crony capitalist.
As I said, over and over during the primaries, How do you guarantee his promises when his record speaks otherwise?
And here we are.

You've been sold a bill of goods.
Trump won't fight the left.
Trump IS the left.

You have been lead down the garden path.
Trump will not fight crony capitalism and globalism.
Trump IS a crony-capitalist and globalist.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 pm »
IMHO there is far too much over the top emotional BS coming from both sides.

I don't buy that. 

Most of the visceral Trump arguments here are reactionary as a result of someone like jpsb making a stupid statement about the members here who are not ga-ga with Trump.

The rest of them are usually the results of Conservatives doing a 'see-I-told-you-so' stance in regards to the news, usually associated with Trump's inability to control his thumbs on Twitter, though that silly fight over Trump's wife not holding his little hand was pretty stupid.

Now it's pro-Trump arguments over anger regarding the discussing of 'fake news' or news from sources other than Breitbart.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:05:32 pm by INVAR »