Poll

Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?

Overwhelming
13 (31.7%)
Overblown
28 (68.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 02, 2017, 08:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?  (Read 26404 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2017, 05:18:24 pm »
We all know you are talking about me. You can shove it.

Wingnut needs to subpoena you!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2017, 05:26:53 pm »

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:30:52 pm by mystery-ak »

Wingnut

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »
Wingnut needs to subpoena you!

I just named @Frank Cannon as the Special Assistant to the Independent Counsel.  He is subpoenaless.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »
you have knowledge

you have experience

stop it

and  then get one or three

wis

dom
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:31:12 pm by mystery-ak »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2017, 05:32:20 pm »
WTH bigheadfred..you didn't think that was going to stay up......come on guys..this is a beautiful and solemn day...let's chill out!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Wingnut

« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:52 pm »
   Appointing @Wingnut Special Prosecutor is akin to appointing Dick Cheney to head your VP Selection Committee, it's a foregone conclusion and besides he's too conspiratorial to judge this objectively.

@corbe I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.   Now ordinarily, I'd take you in my court and try you and hang you for those disparaging remarks upon my character.  But if you've got money for whiskey, I guess we can dispense with those proceedings. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2017, 05:46:58 pm »
We all know you are talking about me. You can shove it.

@Frank Cannon

Lmao, you crank

(said with affection)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:47:49 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Online corbe

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2017, 05:55:25 pm »
   Sure @Wingnut I got some Bourbon, stole a case of this out of @Frank Cannon garage last week, looked everywhere for his Valiums, to no avail, he must carry them on his person at all times, in case he meets a Cruzer.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2017, 06:01:58 pm »
   Sure @Wingnut I got some Bourbon, stole a case of this out of @Frank Cannon garage last week, looked everywhere for his Valiums, to no avail, he must carry them on his person at all times, in case he meets a Cruzer.

Case dismissed!
:beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2017, 06:03:28 pm »
I don't know which are worst but together the AT crowd and the NT crowd have pretty effectively shut down any objective discussion of anything here IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »
WTH bigheadfred..you didn't think that was going to stay up......come on guys..this is a beautiful and solemn day...let's chill out!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »
The poll is to be run and rerun, until the desired result is achieved, and Trump supporters are put in their proper place here.

That was and remains  the true purpose, and expected outcome.

HEAR!  HEAR!!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
I don't know which are worst but together the AT crowd and the NT crowd have pretty effectively shut down any objective discussion of anything here IMHO.

I respectfully disagree @Bigun
   Sure, there are some Topics where the few Hardcores (NT&AT) get their panties all waded up, but as a whole, maybe attesting to my limited capacity to judge fairly, I can usually recognize when the food fights are about to start and do my damndest to keep out of the weeds, Been there, got beat up, they stole my TShirt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2017, 06:33:39 pm »
HEAR!  HEAR!!   :patriot:

@DCPatriot
   If you and your Compatriots hadn't skewed the First Poll like you did all online polling during the GOP Primary, this would pretty much be a non issue.
   Old habits are hard to break-Hank Jr. 

Wingnut

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:15 pm »
  @DCPatriot
   If you and your Compatriots hadn't skewed the First Poll like you did all online polling during the GOP Primary, this would pretty much be a non issue.

Those are unsubstantiated allegations.   You will refrain from these hearsay and broad brush strokes knee jerk statements or I'll find you in contempt! 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »
  @DCPatriot

I don't know what you're talking about.

My point was that "guests" should not be able to partake on this poll if you're really seeking an honest answer.

And of course, aggressive anti-Trump members will be sure to vote...making it IMPOSSIBLE for anything but "OVERBLOWN" to win.

Trump supporters are out-numbered on this forum at LEAST 4 to 1.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »
Today.

Today>.......>>>>

STOP

IT

@mystery-ak

NOT

TODAY

THAT is where THEY should.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2017, 06:52:13 pm »
 That bottle of whiskey is starting to look real good right about now.  Hell, I'm gonna go get me some.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online corbe

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:07 pm »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2017, 06:56:58 pm »
Well let's just cut to the chase, if the Trump-hate is 'overwhelming' on this board, why do the Trump Faithful and Apologists continue to post here?

Do they think they can 'save us' from the error of our opinion?

Do they think they can drive us from this board they way they have just about every other single formerly Conservative forum out there?

Do they think they do the object of their affections any service by poking and instigating each and every opportunity to declare us part of the enemy?

It's not like those of us who are not marching in lock-step to cheerlead everything Trump does and says are going to change our minds simply because we are 'embarrassed' that a majority here are not Trump fanatics.  As with every other political issue that exists, to disagree is to 'hate', to refuse to support and join the cause, is to 'hate'.  It's just the new PC way to silence dissent and debate.

What has been illustrative in terms of real-hate, is not the ambivalence and indifference the majority has for Trump, (they will applaud when he serves rightly and excoriate him for when he does disservice) but in what other members here have for those who have refused to 'get on the train':

Reply #223 on: May 24, 2017, 01:14:31 PM

I embrace the hatred I have for the likes of you and your ilk here on the forum.

I don't deny it.

You, OTOH, get your panties all twisted, because your "hatred" of Pres. Trump...AND his supporters...has been on full display here for all to see.

To disagree is to 'hate'.  This is what now exists in terms of the internecine warfare that now engulfs what remains of Conservatism.   And it is not going away.

Because the country is now polarized into camp thinking.  Either you are in lock-step with us, or you are to be counted as the enemy and dealt with as one.  No one has the luxury of their principles or the liberty to choose differently, because - the country is at stake.

So it is said.

This is one of the last refuges online for Conservatives to gather and discuss our principles in light of events without having to be wearing MAGA headgear and t-shirts while waving his flag.  Most of us newer members have come here from somewhere else that we were no longer welcome at because we dared to question or refuse support of Trump, and it appears to us that the idea of a 'Conservative board' that does not support Trump must be discredited and it's members harassed and impugned.

Some of them engage in that stuff by badmouthing THIS board on the other boards and forums where they are ALL in lockstep with no dissent permitted or allowed.

If Trump *hate* is overwhelming here - and Trump *love* is the most important thing to discuss, why do they continue to hang here when they have plenty of other places to be among like minds?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2017, 07:30:10 pm »
Well let's just cut to the chase, if the Trump-hate is 'overwhelming' on this board, why do the Trump Faithful and Apologists continue to post here?

Do they think they can 'save us' from the error of our opinion?

Do they think they can drive us from this board they way they have just about every other single formerly Conservative forum out there?

Do they think they do the object of their affections any service by poking and instigating each and every opportunity to declare us part of the enemy?

It's not like those of us who are not marching in lock-step to cheerlead everything Trump does and says are going to change our minds simply because we are 'embarrassed' that a majority here are not Trump fanatics.  As with every other political issue that exists, to disagree is to 'hate', to refuse to support and join the cause, is to 'hate'.  It's just the new PC way to silence dissent and debate.

What has been illustrative in terms of real-hate, is not the ambivalence and indifference the majority has for Trump, (they will applaud when he serves rightly and excoriate him for when he does disservice) but in what other members here have for those who have refused to 'get on the train':

To disagree is to 'hate'.  This is what now exists in terms of the internecine warfare that now engulfs what remains of Conservatism.   And it is not going away.

Because the country is now polarized into camp thinking.  Either you are in lock-step with us, or you are to be counted as the enemy and dealt with as one.  No one has the luxury of their principles or the liberty to choose differently, because - the country is at stake.

So it is said.

This is one of the last refuges online for Conservatives to gather and discuss our principles in light of events without having to be wearing MAGA headgear and t-shirts while waving his flag.  Most of us newer members have come here from somewhere else that we were no longer welcome at because we dared to question or refuse support of Trump, and it appears to us that the idea of a 'Conservative board' that does not support Trump must be discredited and it's members harassed and impugned.

Some of them engage in that stuff by badmouthing THIS board on the other boards and forums where they are ALL in lockstep with no dissent permitted or allowed.

If Trump *hate* is overwhelming here - and Trump *love* is the most important thing to discuss, why do they continue to hang here when they have plenty of other places to be among like minds?

@INVAR

Don't let it get to you.  There's no point in getting upset about it.

The truth of it is that we're just posting on a forum, and no one is going to run anyone else away.  A couple of other truths are: no one really "hates" Trump, and if others persist in calling it hate, it's their problem and it doesn't matter.  I'm not going to foster drama because guests and lurkers read this board and I want them to see that it's a sane place where they can have a discussion. 

Last but not least, like @bigheadfred said, we criticize the president because he IS the president.  It's the American thing to do.  No one is obligated to like Trump, and it's not a shameful thing if they don't.  He's a public servant, that's all.  But some might not accept it, and no one will change their minds.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2017, 07:34:20 pm »

@INVAR

The truth of it is that we're just posting on a forum, and no one is going to run anyone else away.  A couple of other truths are: no one really "hates" Trump, and if others persist in calling it hate, it's their problem and it doesn't matter.  I'm not going to foster drama because guests and lurkers read this board and I want them to see that it's a sane place where they can have a discussion. 

Last but not least, like @bigheadfred said, we criticize the president because he IS the president.  It's the American thing to do.  No one is obligated to like Trump, and it's not a shameful thing if they don't.  He's a public servant, that's all.  But some might not accept it, and no one will change their minds.

Well said...
Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2017, 07:38:16 pm »
@INVAR

:thumbsup:

I refer you to my second-to-last post on this thread. As for the very last, yes, I got myself some whiskey, with which I now offer a toast to our fallen heroes:

I left TOS in part because of the kind of crap that we are seeing too much of here. We can disagree about Donald Trump, but we all still love America and our families and our friends.

To discuss, and even to argue about politics is a worthy and responsible endeavor.

But to make of one's political and tribal fealty a central defining premise of self-worth and a measure of the worth of others is what Conservativism explicitly rejects.

Let us please leave that to the Progressives.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:42:03 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2017, 07:38:26 pm »

I'm not upset about it at all.

I just don't tolerate snide bullies and disparagement of fellows simply because we are governed by principles they consider foolish and an obstacle.

That's all. 

@Victoria33 's comment about not commenting on threads because of the atmosphere pretty much set me on the course to write that last entry.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2017, 07:44:50 pm »
@INVAR

:thumbsup:

I refer you to my second-to-last post on this thread. As for the very last, yes, I got myself some whiskey, with which I now offer a toast to our fallen heroes:

Zum Wohl Prost!!!!