Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31055 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2017, 11:55:05 pm »
@Smokin Joe
Yeah, no doubt.

But I wasn't going to vote for him anyway.
He's got a RINO smell to him, ala Raciot - Something folks here still have a sensitivity to.

So its an aggro-RINO or a bango playing nudist. Only slightly preferable to the typical choice we have here in CA elections.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2017, 11:56:12 pm »
Is there a political equivalent of the Darwin Award?

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2017, 12:03:51 am »
Well thank God that the arbiter of good taste Bens Asse has given us his opinion. I know many of us were dying to hear what a Senator from Nebraska had to say about a House election. I will sleep easier now.

Ben's usually a pretty good guy.  I'll give him a pass this time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2017, 12:05:10 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2017, 12:07:07 am »
Is there a political equivalent of the Darwin Award? He might win yet, but if not does he get a 'Dean Scream" for just being dumb? Maybe a bronzed foot with a bullet hole in it....?

If he was hard core Conservative, it wouldn't matter - and would probably help. But he ain't

And btw... the cities thing doesn't matter as much as you'd think - They weren't going to vote for him anyway, and nobody much pays attention to the liberal rags.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:09:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2017, 12:09:08 am »
So its an aggro-RINO or a bango playing nudist. Only slightly preferable to the typical choice we have here in CA elections.

Yeah.. I was gonna throw for the Libertarian, just out of spite. They ougta know better than to run a RINO.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:39 am »
If he was hard core Conservative, it wouldn't matter - and would probably help. But he ain't

And btw... the cities thing doesn't matter as much as you'd think - They weren't going to vote for him anyway, and nobody much pays attention to the liberal rags.
You have a point. But I doubt the whole thing is going to help him much. A fighter is one thing, but a hothead is another. We've all seen those.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2017, 12:32:28 am »
   That's simply not true @Emjay we only get mad if you spill the bong water on the 20 year old carpet.

Dude. High class. Still see orange shag from the 70's around here.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2017, 12:33:18 am »
Yeah.. I was gonna throw for the Libertarian, just out of spite. They ougta know better than to run a RINO.

This was one of the most piss poor choices we have had in a long time..a bored millionaire trying to get elected to office, any office, and a aging flower child...

I wrote in Mickey Mouse as that's what the election turned out to be...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2017, 12:34:33 am »
You have a point. But I doubt the whole thing is going to help him much. A fighter is one thing, but a hothead is another. We've all seen those.

Yeah, that's right. Like I said, I will withhold judgement on the thing till I hear the whole story.
Didn't matter to my vote anyway. Dang near did, but meh.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2017, 12:36:26 am »
I'm not sure which was better, the orange or the green...

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2017, 12:42:51 am »
This was one of the most piss poor choices we have had in a long time..a bored millionaire trying to get elected to office, any office, and a aging flower child...

I wrote in Mickey Mouse as that's what the election turned out to be...

YEP. Especially after 50 calls or so in the last two weeks trying to get me fired up... Three of them on the Sabbath, and most of them while I was eating dinner. I gave em an earful more than once...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2017, 12:46:02 am »
I'm not sure which was better, the orange or the green...

The only thing the green had going was the purpley bits here and there.. Or maybe that was Popsicle stains  :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2017, 12:47:56 am »
purple microdot, I remember those.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2017, 12:49:53 am »

Yeah... I spent a fair amount of my teens and early twenties examining carpet up close...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2017, 12:49:59 am »
I was going to say 'popsicle'... :whistle:

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #317 on: May 26, 2017, 02:02:12 am »
It happened in front of three FOX employees.  They were in the middle of an interview with the Gov.  The Guardian idiot interrupted and wouldn't stop.  FOX says the gov lost it, grabbed him on either side of his neck, threw him to the ground, jumped on top of him and punched him three times.

Not smart.  But I understand.  ;)

37% of voters had already voted.  Wonder if the good gov will still win the election tonight?

I know.  One reason not to have early voting.  Ha, ha.  I hope he wins anyway.

BTW, that description bears no resemblance to what I heard on Fox earlier but .... oh, well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2017, 02:08:45 am »

My son had the privilege of observing Texas style honkytonk behavior up close and personal back in the day.  He learned one thing.  Bar fights are nothing like in the movies.  One blow usually ends them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

« Reply #319 on: May 26, 2017, 02:10:08 am »

BTW, that description bears no resemblance to what I heard on Fox earlier but .... oh, well.

I didn't watch all day.  Just saw the one interview with the woman on Martha McCallum's boring show.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:02 am »

Knowing Montanans as I do, it's likely that he will get MORE votes than he otherwise would have if the word that he decked a reporter gets out fast enough!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:47 am »
My son had the privilege of observing Texas style honkytonk behavior up close and personal back in the day.  He learned one thing.  Bar fights are nothing like in the movies.  One blow usually ends them.

I take it you've never been to the Dew Drop on a Friday night...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2017, 02:27:36 am »
I take it you've never been to the Dew Drop on a Friday night...

We was out one night on a scenic cruise and ran low. So we headed for town. Dad and my uncle headed into the bar for refills and told us boys to wait in the truck. (we were riding in the bed). Pretty soon we hear some crashing and banging, yelling, etc. My dad and uncle come beat feetin' it out of the bar with a couple of cases of beer each. They sorta throw them at us. My brother asked what that big crash was. My uncle said it was the bar tipping over. What's going on? Continuing crashing and yelling.Two a-holes just started a fight between the cowboys and the Mexicans--we gotta GO.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2017, 02:57:32 am »
We was out one night on a scenic cruise and ran low. So we headed for town. Dad and my uncle headed into the bar for refills and told us boys to wait in the truck. (we were riding in the bed). Pretty soon we hear some crashing and banging, yelling, etc. My dad and uncle come beat feetin' it out of the bar with a couple of cases of beer each. They sorta throw them at us. My brother asked what that big crash was. My uncle said it was the bar tipping over. What's going on? Continuing crashing and yelling.Two a-holes just started a fight between the cowboys and the Mexicans--we gotta GO.

Sounds about right :D

Offline rodamala

« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2017, 03:18:05 am »
I think the wild man (Joe Walsh)  of the James Gang and Eagles makes more sense.

@catfish1957

His Maserati does 185.

Life's been good to him, so far.