Author Topic: Does it matter? No evidence of Trump 'collusion' with Russia as media shift focus  (Read 638 times)

Offline libertybele

Of course there was no collusion ... they've looked in the wrong direction.  They should be focusing on Clinton.

Does it matter? No evidence of Trump 'collusion' with Russia as media shift focus

The headline in the Washington Examiner was rather eye-catching:

“At This Rate, It Won’t Matter If Trump Colluded with Russia.”

Huh! Won’t matter? Hasn’t that been the subject of a huge swath of media coverage for many months now?

Turns out the piece contained astute observations by Byron York, a Fox News contributor, on how the focus of all the journalistic digging and investigative machinery has shifted.

I’ve long cautioned that, though we don’t know for sure, there may be no there there when it comes to these murky allegations about Donald Trump having “colluded” with Russia. That doesn’t mean that, say, Michael Flynn, who just invoked the Fifth Amendment to avoid testifying on the Hill, doesn’t have problems related to past payments from the Russians.

But Trump himself? Not so far.

As York puts it: “The problem, for the confederation of Democrats, pundits, Obama holdovers, and NeverTrumpers who hoped to see that result, has been that so far, after a lot of investigating, no evidence has emerged that collusion actually occurred.”

If you stop and think about it, the flood of leaks to the press over the last 10 days have mainly involved allegations and suggestions of the president trying to derail the investigation. That’s pretty much been the narrative since he fired Jim Comey.

As York writes, “More and more, day after day, Trump's adversaries believe that, when it comes to bringing down the president, it might not matter if collusion occurred or not. A cover-up would be enough to do the job.”

This sounds rather counterintuitive. Doesn’t there have to be an underlying crime?

In legal terms, no. Lots of people are prosecuted for obstruction of  justice, or lying to investigators, regardless of whether they committed any other crime. 

But politically, the failure to document any “collusion” with Russia—that wonderfully ambiguous word—would enable Trump to say that his detractors had come up empty........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/does-it-matter-no-evidence-trump-collusion-with-russia-as-media-shift-focus.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

In the minds of liberals and #nevertrumpers, lack of evidence is more reason to keep up the fishing expedition.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

In the minds of liberals and #nevertrumpers, lack of evidence is more reason to keep up the fishing expedition.

You can't honestly blame this Russian Collusion $hit on #nevertrumpers @truth_seeker
   This is a manifestation of the bungling of this New Administration and the revengeful Liberals and neither of them surprise me or warrant my attention both were expected by most here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

You can't honestly blame this Russian Collusion $hit on #nevertrumpers @truth_seeker
   This is a manifestation of the bungling of this New Administration and the revengeful Liberals and neither of them surprise me or warrant my attention both were expected by most here.

I blame it on all of the Hillary deplorables who can't accept the fact that she lost and all the Bammy leftovers and the shadow government he managed to put into place all these years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

I blame it on all of the Hillary deplorables who can't accept the fact that she lost and all the Bammy leftovers and the shadow government he managed to put into place all these years.

That is much more plausible to me @libertybele than somehow blaming #nevertrumpsters for egging all this crap on.
   The Man has enough on his plate and all these 'witch hunts' are distracting from anyone getting anything done now that Schumer and Pelosi have pretty much been neutralized, Legislatively.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.