Author Topic: While the GOP misses with millennials, the Federalist (party) message is right on target  (Read 460 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It’s no surprise that the Federalist Party is getting a ton of new members who feel the GOP has left them. What may be surprising is that a good number of the ones we’re seeing make the switch are millennials.

When we first started down the road of forming a new party, the majority of early adopters were over 35-years-old. Our message of reining in DC, defending freedoms, and protecting life were once associated with the Republican Party, but over the last few years it’s become more apparent that the party only invoked these ideas when they were campaigning. We knew we needed to craft a strong message to appeal to the younger generation. What we didn’t anticipate is that the message that resonated with long-time Republicans would also hit the mark with younger voters.

Today, nearly half of our new members are millennials.

According to Kristen Soltis Anderson, this isn’t the same old shift away from the GOP:

It’s been reported often and for many years that Republicans are losing younger people, but what is most shocking about the Pew study is the narrow window in which this wave of defections occurred. In the relatively short time frame of December 2015 to March 2017, nearly half of all young Republicans left their party at some point, with roughly a quarter bidding the GOP adieu for good.

No other group, by age or party, wavered so much or defected in such substantial numbers.

The Federalist Party represents a promise that the GOP has always made. The difference is that Republican leaders in recent years have debunked themselves by failing to keep these promises. They say things in opposition to Democrats during campaign season, then embrace big government ideas when they’re given control. Young (and old) people who want laser-focus on shrinking government are joining the Federalist Party en masse...

Read more at: http://soshable.com/while-the-gop-misses-with-millennials-the-federalist-message-is-right-on-target/#pq=l1hcC3
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm more likely to describe myself as federalist than conservative these days. I'm still a conservative but I'm more of a Coolidge conservative and I find that most "republican conservatives" are too ignorant to know what that means.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
0 Congressmen.

0 Governors.

0 Senators.

0 Presidents.

And it's named after the leftist party of the 18th and early 19th century that was so thoroughly discredited that it relied on gerrymandering in deep-blue Massachusetts and rigging the courts to keep afloat.

Until this wannabe party can actually get credible candidates—and get them onto the ballot—they're no better than the Constitution Party at this point, and even worse than the big-L Libertarians.

I'll also note that if this party is also in lockstep with the "conservative" millennial mindset, it also means full embrace of the alphabet soup lobby agenda, including forced servitude of Christians in the lobby's ceremonies.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024