Author Topic: BREAKING: AP Source says Michael Flynn to decline Senate Intel committee subpoena, invoke 5th Amendment later today.  (Read 2932 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: AP Source says Michael Flynn to decline Senate Intel committee subpoena, invoke 5th Amendment later today.

Flynn to decline Senate subpoena, invoke Fifth Amendment: report
By Brandon Carter - 05/22/17 09:49 AM EDT

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn will invoke his Fifth Amendment protection and not comply with a Senate Intelligence Committee subpoena, the Associated Press reported Monday.

Flynn was subpoenaed in the committee’s investigation into Russian meddling and potential ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.

Flynn previously offered to testify before the Senate and House Intelligence committees in exchange for immunity, but neither committee accepted the offer.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/334518-flynn-to-decline-senate-subpoena-invoke-fifth-amendment-report
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:54:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
BREAKING: AP Source says Michael Flynn to decline Senate Intel committee subpoena, invoke 5th Amendment later today.

The snowflakes won't be happy today.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jpsb

Why, its' a witch hunt. Flynns' attorney is wise to keep Flynn from talking.

Oceander

So, when Lois Lerner invoked the 5th, it was evidence of her guilt and perfidy.  But when Flynn invokes the 5th, it's evidence of his innocence?

That's nuts.  Flynn has something to hide. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This should bring out the blatant hypocrisy of the left.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

and many on the right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
and many on the right.

Because there were those on the right who thought the many miscreants in the 0bama administration should testify?   :shrug:

OK, now I get it.  Slow this morning.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:19:48 pm by Sanguine »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So, when Lois Lerner invoked the 5th, it was evidence of her guilt and perfidy.  But when Flynn invokes the 5th, it's evidence of his innocence?

Considering there is a SP I am sure you would advise your client to do the same.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Oceander

Considering there is a SP I am sure you would advise your client to do the same.

So why wasn't Lerner accorded the same privilege?   From what I've read, Flynn may have problems viz. Turkey, so that, coupled with this tells me there is some fire to go along with all the smoke here.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So why wasn't Lerner accorded the same privilege?   From what I've read, Flynn may have problems viz. Turkey, so that, coupled with this tells me there is some fire to go along with all the smoke here.

I have no idea about Lerner.....but she isn't in jail is she.
Support the USO

Offline SirLinksALot

I don't like this development at all. Just because the other side does this ( e.g. Lois Lerner ), does not mean those who support Trump should follow suit.

Flynn brought a world of hurt on himself and damaged the president by not being upfront about his contacts with Russians.

If those contacts were innocent there was no reason for him to obfuscate and lie to the President and Vice President.

If they were not innocent he should have declined the President’s nomination as the National Security Adviser.

By not being upfront he gave some validity (regardless of whether they are true or not ) to the Democrats claim that there were secret contacts between Trump staff members and Russians.

I know that it is his constitutional right. Doesn’t mean I like it.

Honesty is apparently no longer considered an important value

Offline SirLinksALot

Not only is she not in jail, NOTHING HAPPENED to her after she was cited in Contempt of Congress.

Where is she now? RETIRED with a fat 6 figure yearly pension.

Offline Just_Victor

Flynn is under investigation for his lobby efforts on behalf of Turkey.  His taking the 5th may well have more to do with that active investigation that with anything to do with Russia/national security.  Taking the 5th in light of Congresses refusal to grant immunity on the other issues is his only choice.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

and many on the right.
Why would anyone expect Flynn to act any different? He is a democrat, after all.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

That it will.

And also many of the GOP as well.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

Nope.  How is that relevant to the implications one draws from somebody who claims the 5th?

Oceander

Flynn is under investigation for his lobby efforts on behalf of Turkey.  His taking the 5th may well have more to do with that active investigation that with anything to do with Russia/national security.  Taking the 5th in light of Congresses refusal to grant immunity on the other issues is his only choice.

I have a feeling that it's the Turkey connection that is the real problem, not the Russians. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I think they are both guilty but since they are from the political class, they will lawyer up, and neither will ever spend a night in prison.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@Oceander

I think whatever he is hiding includes something about Trump.  I think that is why Trump tried to shut down the investigation of Flynn.  I came to that conclusion a few days ago as I couldn't understand why Trump was protecting Flynn as he doesn't give a flip about anyone but himself.  So, he is protecting himself when he doesn't want Flynn's investigation to keep going. 

Offline Just_Victor

I have a feeling that it's the Turkey connection that is the real problem, not the Russians.

I do too.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Oceander

@Oceander

I think whatever he is hiding includes something about Trump.  I think that is why Trump tried to shut down the investigation of Flynn.  I came to that conclusion a few days ago as I couldn't understand why Trump was protecting Flynn as he doesn't give a flip about anyone but himself.  So, he is protecting himself when he doesn't want Flynn's investigation to keep going. 

I wouldn't go that far.  Trump was most likely just being Trump and trying in his own ham-handed way to help someone he likes.  That he made a mess of it is just Trump being Trump. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well, we know Lerner was guilty as sin but, as for Flynn, he's wise to invoke.

I don't know if he's guilty of anything but when the libs get through with him, he might as well be.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm more curious as to why he's not testifying and taking the 5th.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

As you well know, the problem with Learner's invoking the 5th is that she made a LONG statement before she did it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Oceander

That's a little harsh. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.