Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’  (Read 9380 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 09:30:32 pm »
   I'd be the first to admit my sarcasm does get away from me often than not, I tutored under Frank and have yet to reach his level. @AllThatJazzZ
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2017, 09:35:36 pm »
   I'd be the first to admit my sarcasm does get away from me often than not, I tutored under Frank and have yet to reach his level. @AllThatJazzZ

I could tell you how to get to Frank's level, but the hangover would kill you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2017, 09:42:43 pm »
I think it's the first two words of your "improved" sentence that irritates people.  Of course, that may be what your intent is, I don't know.  I always thought you were deeper than that.

I'm as shallow as the next shallow person but I agree with you about my post.  I'll try to go deeper in the future.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 09:43:52 pm »
Ted Cruz has his finger in the air again, not at all surprising for our Texas weather vane senator.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 09:48:34 pm »
I'm as shallow as the next shallow person but I agree with you about my post.  I'll try to go deeper in the future.

I still think of you as a deep person, but the term "You people" tends to piss people off, and unless that's your intent, you should know about that (nothing personal).

I remember a couple years ago somebody got on a politician for saying that in a speech, and my first thought was "Aw, come on!" but then I thought about it some more.  It sets the folks one is speaking with apart as a group, and it doesn't take as big a leap as it should to move to dehumanizing people. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 09:48:44 pm »
Yes, some of it is self inflicted; but the main problem is that there are MANY in D.C. who want him to fail and they were all to happy to climb aboard the Clinton train.
Clinton has a train? Who knew? I thought that puppy went off the rails last November.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:11 pm »
   I hope I never have the dubious honour of that distinction by you, my dear.
   The Ignore feature is an excellent feature of this site, that being said, it's use should be limited to only those with untreated hypertension.

Or to those with carpal tunnel that prefer to skip those that post inane remarks that don't bother to read the articles and also the long, striped-with-quotes posts that go on forever saying a whole bunch of nothing.  I personally enjoy a much shorter "You are ignoring this user" to get past them all and get to the posts with some actual points to consider.  Much less painful that way.

I have low blood pressure but satisfaction is well... satisfying.  ;)  That ignore button can be highly satisfying at times.  I highly recommend it to @Emjay

Offline corbe

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »
Ted Cruz has his finger in the air again, not at all surprising for our Texas weather vane senator.

@jpsb I'm kinda glad you said that, with Trump crumbling in the polls due to such a disastrous 2 weeks, all the 'fake' Cruz love I've seen lately was starting to get to me, you proved there still is irrational fear of Ted Cruz among your ranks, and that warms my heart, so to help you prove your theory I found the 'finger' picture for you.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:03 pm »
Or to those with carpal tunnel that prefer to skip those that post inane remarks that don't bother to read the articles and also the long, striped-with-quotes posts that go on forever saying a whole bunch of nothing.  I personally enjoy a much shorter "You are ignoring this user" to get past them all and get to the posts with some actual points to consider.  Much less painful that way.

I have low blood pressure but satisfaction is well... satisfying.  ;)  That ignore button can be highly satisfying at times.  I highly recommend it to @Emjay

Besides, if the person you're ignoring accidentally says something worthwhile, you'll see it when somebody you're not also ignoring quotes it in a post....
I will NOT comply.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:01 pm »

I was making a point that there isn't a war on Trump.. He is the President and the BUCK STOPS AT HIS DESK.

Trump and Obama are very much alike.  The buck never stopped at Obama's desk, nor will it ever stop at Trump's.  Their motto is "the buck stops over there".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 10:08:16 pm »

I try to limit my use although it is tempting to ignore almost everyone but myself.

I only used it for WTF because he's never said anything useful and he has called me vile names which hurts my feelings even considering the source.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 10:12:30 pm »
I LOL'd when I read your post. I didn't need "/s" to explain it to me. I only read here occasionally, and I got it. You'd think the regulars would have been able to pick up on it as well. Oh well. Sorry you had to come back and explain your hilariously clever post.

We take ourselves very, very seriously. 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »
   @jpsb I'm kinda glad you said that, with Trump crumbling in the polls due to such a disastrous 2 weeks, all the 'fake' Cruz love I've seen lately was starting to get to me, you proved there still is irrational fear of Ted Cruz among your ranks, and that warms my heart, so to help you prove your theory I found the 'finger' picture for you.

His trigger finger looks just like his daddy's  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 10:15:24 pm »
His trigger finger looks just like his daddy's  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Good one!

Offline corbe

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 10:16:48 pm »
Brilliant @goodwithagun

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 10:18:59 pm »
I try to limit my use although it is tempting to ignore almost everyone but myself.

I only used it for WTF because he's never said anything useful and he has called me vile names which hurts my feelings even considering the source.

I'd say, on balance, you are using the right tool for the job, and I mean that without any sarcasm at all.  That stat isn't available on the TBR stats page, but I'd bet he's among the top 10 ignored posters, a fact he'd be proud of.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »

Only one salve will soothe that burn.

Machine Gun Baquon does a body good. (Spelled with a QU shout out to our Canukistani infiltrators.)

Offline Jarhead

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2017, 10:23:50 pm »
Ted is a fundamentally honest and truthful person. One thing I admire about him.

However I would say most of the Trump problems are self inflicted. Not just some.

I like Cruz...a great deal...one thing I DO NOT LIKE is anyone notice where he was? Chamber of Commerce? Really Ted? Best get better friends than the globalist money masters. They are the BIGGEST crony capitalist RINO organization in the planet!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:24:23 pm by Jarhead »

Offline corbe

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2017, 10:30:17 pm »
I like Cruz...a great deal...one thing I DO NOT LIKE is anyone notice where he was? Chamber of Commerce? Really Ted? Best get better friends than the globalist money masters. They are the BIGGEST crony capitalist RINO organization in the planet!

I can't find the Net Worth of the Chamber of Commerce (Closely guarded secret) @Jarhead but I doubt they approach the level of Cruz's ol Gang (before Trump bought them out).

Goldman Sachs net worth: Goldman Sachs is an American multinational investment banking company that has a net worth of $45.59 billion.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2017, 10:34:30 pm »
Yes, the press and internet commentary have zero impact on the actual running of the government. Of course when the crybaby in charge is hyper-sensitive to media criticism you get this outcome

I agree. If there is a media "war" on Trump it continues because he keeps giving them ammunition. They are exploiting the many weaknesses that Trump has exposed. He doesn't learn from his mistakes but keeps repeating them. I do not believe that the media would be very successful at this if Trump wasn't helping them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2017, 10:44:50 pm »
I agree. If there is a media "war" on Trump it continues because he keeps giving them ammunition. They are exploiting the many weaknesses that Trump has exposed. He doesn't learn from his mistakes but keeps repeating them. I do not believe that the media would be very successful at this if Trump wasn't helping them.
Unfortunately, the continuous controversy provides the perfect cover for dastardly deeds by any and all in the power structure. Always watch what the other hand is doing, and there are lots of busy hands.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:46:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2017, 11:00:51 pm »
Of course a lot of Trump's problems are self inflicted. This is obvious. He can't break his Twitter addiction, and he speaks in gauche and brutal terms. This is unprofessional and the media jumps on every faux-pas they can find.

Congress and the MSM were just as much against Reagan as they are currently against Trump. The difference is Reagan had the dignity and finesse to deflect it gracefully. Trump, on the other hand, tries to 'fight it' rather than deflect it. And his response only feeds the egos of those taunting him. This just makes every little nothing taunt that much bigger. And his detractors know this full well.

HEY TRUMP! THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE 'TWEETING' ARE YOUR PR PEOPLE. YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY AND THAT'S FINE. BUT LET THEM WRITE IT. STAY OFF TWITTER! YOU DUMBASS!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2017, 01:14:30 am »
Of course a lot of Trump's problems are self inflicted. This is obvious. He can't break his Twitter addiction, and he speaks in gauche and brutal terms. This is unprofessional and the media jumps on every faux-pas they can find.

Congress and the MSM were just as much against Reagan as they are currently against Trump. The difference is Reagan had the dignity and finesse to deflect it gracefully. Trump, on the other hand, tries to 'fight it' rather than deflect it. And his response only feeds the egos of those taunting him. This just makes every little nothing taunt that much bigger. And his detractors know this full well.

HEY TRUMP! THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE 'TWEETING' ARE YOUR PR PEOPLE. YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY AND THAT'S FINE. BUT LET THEM WRITE IT. STAY OFF TWITTER! YOU DUMBASS!

That's probably some really great advice for Trump....STAY OFF TWITTER!  For that matter, stay off Facebook as well!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2017, 01:50:10 am »

100% accurate. Unfortunately, this is something that was fully known before he even became the nominee. We ought not be surprised that chaos and upheaval seem to follow him as he travels through life. Whenever some of us stressed his lack of temperament, we got beat to a virtual bloody pulp. I'll be curious to see what kind of demonization Cruz suffers for pointing out the emperor's nakedness.

Word.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline corbe

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2017, 01:51:51 am »
   In order to relieve the tremendous pressure on the Presidency, Sen. Cruz announced this afternoon that his campaign has reached a tentative bilateral  agreement with the Trump Administration to remove some of the burden. 
ROSIE
✔  ‎@Rosie 

ouch - ted cruz - u shifty - callous - partisan pr*ck -
sally - sally - sally #VoteThemOut

3:11 PM - 8 May 2017