Author Topic: Shock poll: Hispanic support for Trump increases 55% since election  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shock poll: Hispanic support for Trump increases 55% since election
Washington Examiner, May 3, 2017, Paul Bedard

Hispanic support for Donald Trump has surged since Election Day, and now tops that of the president's overall approval rating.

In its latest survey, Zogby Analytics said that Hispanic support has hit 45 percent, two points higher than the president's generic approval.

That is 55 percent higher than the total Latino vote for Trump in the election. He won just 29 percent.

"The biggest surprise in this new poll is Trump's approval among Hispanic voters, which is at 45 percent approval/51 percent disapproval. In February the numbers were less among Hispanics at 39 percent approval/53 percent disapproval," said Zogby.

The surge comes as Trump's overall approval rating fell from 48 percent to 43 percent in Zogby's latest survey.

It also coincided with Trump's push for border security funding.

And, as other surveys have found, Zogby's said that Trump's supporters remain committed to him. "

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-hispanic-support-for-trump-increases-55-since-election/article/2622041

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If these kinds of stats keep up, maybe he could flip California.

I knew Trump would broaden the appeal of the GOP and that is exactly what it needs.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
All it says to me is that Ivanka and Jared have been busy courting Hispanic/Latino.  And that all we really know about illegal immigration is that if you are allowed to break the law coming here illegally but if you rape or kill or belong to a gang your out.  Otherwise I think they are welcome to everyone's jobs.  And the taxpayers are still going to pay for all of the social services they get from the welcoming committee (Donald and the Republicans)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:42:58 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

Reality is setting in, that there was never a plan to bust down doors and by force remove illegals  and deport them by the millions.....both the good and the bad.  What the media said was going to happen all through the election. Of cource Trump didnt help matters with his red meat stump speeches or tweets.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good to see.   Hispanic voters (that is, U.S. citizens) want the same things we all do -  good jobs and personal security.   And the Democratic memes ring just as false to such ears -  Trump is brash and unfiltered, but he isn't racist,  and the jobs he wants to save are exactly the types that hard-working, family-oriented Hispanics will rush to fill.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nope… not taking the bait.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Good to see.   Hispanic voters (that is, U.S. citizens) want the same things we all do -  good jobs and personal security.   And the Democratic memes ring just as false to such ears -  Trump is brash and unfiltered, but he isn't racist,  and the jobs he wants to save are exactly the types that hard-working, family-oriented Hispanics will rush to fill.   

If they are here legally yes.  But there is no effort to remove illegals who have no arrest records.  Trump scammed the people.  Not me, I knew he couldn't and wouldn't do it.  His business relies on illegal immigrants.  And I also knew he was on the border making promises to Hispanics during the primaries.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Since most of them are Catholics, most of them may be pro-life, they aren't  like some of those  around, claiming to be moral but in the end, have blood on their hands because they are not really pro-life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Since most of them are Catholics, most of them may be pro-life, they aren't  like some of those  around, claiming to be moral but in the end, have blood on their hands because they are not really pro-life.

The bottom line is reducing abortions.  There's a number of ways to do that which are far more effective than agitating to rescind a woman's Constitutional rights.   Heck,  one could reasonably argue that more abortions have been prevented by ObamaCare's free contraceptives mandate than by pro-life "Christians" typing furiously on the internet that women are contemptible sluts who abort because they can't keep their legs shut.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:55:42 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If they are here legally yes.  But there is no effort to remove illegals who have no arrest records.  Trump scammed the people.  Not me, I knew he couldn't and wouldn't do it.  His business relies on illegal immigrants.  And I also knew he was on the border making promises to Hispanics during the primaries.

Ahem.  I believe there is some effort to remove illegals who do have arrest records.  That is a step up from the previous administration.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

Re: Shock poll: Hispanic support for Trump increases 55% since election
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
I'm not sure this is good news for Trump, since the significantly increased support by Latinos does not even offset his overall losses of support.

Zogby says that Trump supporters (?) are still supporting him.  But I am not sure what that means, and I am pretty sure that Zogby doesn't know, either.

I know a lot of people who held their noses to vote for Trump (just to keep HRC out of the White House), and a lot of them are really, really irked at Trump's failure to keep some of his most important campaign promises.

HRC should have been indicted by now, along with scads of other political crooks in the D.C. swamp.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »
Facts: In both California and Texas self-identifying Hispanics comprise about 37% of the population, and a majority of these ARE native born citizens, NOT wetback illegals.

Stats for Mexican origin. Over 2/3 native born.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/05/01/a-demographic-portrait-of-mexican-origin-hispanics-in-the-united-states/

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 09:01:35 pm »

@TomSea I do value your contribution here, particularly in the World and Music Threads and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your repeated unsubstantiated accusations about Briefers being pro abortion just because we didn't vote for Trump is getting downright tiring.  If you don't find another shtick soon you're days may be limited here, even sane rational people have a limit as to what they can endure. I for one can no longer be slandered like this by you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 09:08:54 pm »
   @TomSea I do value your contribution here, particularly in the World and Music Threads and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your repeated unsubstantiated accusations about Briefers being pro abortion just because we didn't vote for Trump is getting downright tiring.  If you don't find another shtick soon you're days may be limited here, even sane rational people have a limit as to what they can endure. I for one can no longer be slandered like this by you.

@corbe It is interesting...and not really surprising that some here use the language of the left so easily.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »
@corbe It is interesting...and not really surprising that some here use the language of the left so easily.

And in my limited experience here @txradioguy that was usually not tolerated, from anyone. I like the guy and I'm not of good Christian stock but repeatedly throwing the blood of PP on me day after day especially in light of the fact that his guy (Trump) was always for them is ludicrous and delusional and quite frankly borders on projectionist.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 10:45:55 pm »
The bottom line is reducing abortions.  There's a number of ways to do that which are far more effective than agitating to rescind a woman's Constitutional rights.   Heck,  one could reasonably argue that more abortions have been prevented by ObamaCare's free contraceptives mandate than by pro-life "Christians" typing furiously on the internet that women are contemptible sluts who abort because they can't keep their legs shut.
What about her rights? She didn't ask to be here, but she didn't ask to be killed for it either. The most innocent party is the one to be slaughtered.

But only those who "Care" as deeply as a Liberal would claim a right to kill their offspring. Well, with the exceptions of Muslims doing that "honor" thing. Maybe there's a reason Liberals get along so well with them, blood sacrifice seems to be their bit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 12:37:13 am »

With all due respect....who are you to tell anybody "you're [sic] days may be limited here...."   

...inquiring minds want to know.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 12:56:58 am »
With all due respect....who are you to tell anybody "you're [sic] days may be limited here...."   

...inquiring minds want to know.   :shrug:

@DCPatriot I'm a nobody just a Briefer like you, but I pay attention here and it's not just little ol me that he's bugging with this stuff, I debated the issue with him months ago as have a lot of us and frankly it's quite slanderous.  I have never hit the report button since I've been here and my ignore list is empty but painting me with the PP brush because I didn't vote for Trump sticks in my craw

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 05:07:00 am »
   @DCPatriot I'm a nobody just a Briefer like you, but I pay attention here and it's not just little ol me that he's bugging with this stuff, I debated the issue with him months ago as have a lot of us and frankly it's quite slanderous.  I have never hit the report button since I've been here and my ignore list is empty but painting me with the PP brush because I didn't vote for Trump sticks in my craw
Considering I have spent hours on this very forum arguing for the rights of the unborn, it d@mn sure hangs in mine, too.  I don't take kindly to being called a 'baby killer'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 11:58:17 am »
Considering I have spent hours on this very forum arguing for the rights of the unborn, it d@mn sure hangs in mine, too.  I don't take kindly to being called a 'baby killer'.

I'd put this in the same category as someone calling you a traitor if you didn't vote for Trump.

Both are false and disgusting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 12:09:59 pm »
What about her rights? She didn't ask to be here, but she didn't ask to be killed for it either. The most innocent party is the one to be slaughtered.

But only those who "Care" as deeply as a Liberal would claim a right to kill their offspring. Well, with the exceptions of Muslims doing that "honor" thing. Maybe there's a reason Liberals get along so well with them, blood sacrifice seems to be their bit.

What matters is reducing abortions.   The "right" of a woman's dominion over her body is an abstract issue,  but debating the subject doesn't reduce abortions.   And agitating to change the law won't reduce abortions, because you're a fool if you think women will tolerate having their Constitutional rights taken away.   How well do you tolerate liberals wanting to take your guns away?  You hate those bastards, don't you?   Well - women feel the same way about pro-lifers obsessed with returning this nation to a patriarchy.   Women finally have the same options and choices in life that you do - THAT's progress.   

Family planning reduces abortions.   Taking personal responsibility reduces abortions.  Support for women in crisis reduces abortions.   These things work,  and the rate of abortion is now at its lowest in years.   

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:10:47 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »
What matters is reducing abortions.   The "right" of a woman's dominion over her body is an abstract issue,  but debating the subject doesn't reduce abortions.   And agitating to change the law won't reduce abortions, because you're a fool if you think women will tolerate having their Constitutional rights taken away.   How well do you tolerate liberals wanting to take your guns away?  You hate those bastards, don't you?   Well - women feel the same way about pro-lifers obsessed with returning this nation to a patriarchy.   Women finally have the same options and choices in life that you do - THAT's progress.   

Family planning reduces abortions.   Taking personal responsibility reduces abortions.  Support for women in crisis reduces abortions.   These things work,  and the rate of abortion is now at its lowest in years.
Show me where in the Constitution it says a woman has a right to murder her baby.
Go for it. Just quote that part. Women have the same right to keep and bear arms I do, but neither of us has the right to murder the innocent. Women have the option to NOT get pregnant. So do I. Mine is just a little more hardwired. Women also have a choice I do not. So much for equality, pal. It doesn't exist in nature.  I'm morally obligated to protect the innocent and helpless from those who would advocate for their slaughter. It's a guy thing, part of that "patriarchy" you decry. Apparently there are significant numbers of vocal people who don't feel that need, who are just fine with killing the inconvenient in ways that would be considered war crimes if done on a battlefield, or Crimes Against Humanity if done off one otherwise.

But go ahead, show me the part of the Constitution that has this "Constitutional Right" written out.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »
Show me where in the Constitution it says a woman has a right to murder her baby.
Go for it. Just quote that part. Women have the same right to keep and bear arms I do, but neither of us has the right to murder the innocent. Women have the option to NOT get pregnant. So do I. Mine is just a little more hardwired. Women also have a choice I do not. So much for equality, pal. It doesn't exist in nature.  I'm morally obligated to protect the innocent and helpless from those who would advocate for their slaughter. It's a guy thing, part of that "patriarchy" you decry. Apparently there are significant numbers of vocal people who don't feel that need, who are just fine with killing the inconvenient in ways that would be considered war crimes if done on a battlefield, or Crimes Against Humanity if done off one otherwise.

But go ahead, show me the part of the Constitution that has this "Constitutional Right" written out.

'T'aint murder in the first place. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2017, 12:40:06 pm »

All human beings have the natural right to self defense - and the Constitution acknowledges that right by means of (among other things) the Second Amendment.   

All human beings - yes, even women - have the natural rights of privacy and self-determination.   The Supreme Court has determined that those rights are respected under the Constitution, by means of a number of decisions over many years including a woman's right to choose for herself whether to reproduce.   

You may question the legitimacy of the Supreme Court,  but I don't.   The Supreme Court exists to protect my rights - and my daughter's - from the tyrannical state.