Author Topic: It Looks Like The New ObamaCare Repeal Bill is on Life Support as a Large Number of Tuesday Group Republicans Oppose it.  (Read 6618 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
None of this ould be a problem if they'd just repeal the damn thing and stop trying to craft Obamacare-lite.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
None of this ould be a problem if they'd just repeal the damn thing and stop trying to craft Obamacare-lite.

:amen:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:18:20 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That is not what Trump has told the American people.  This isn't business as usual.  Americans want their premiums to go down.  That is what Trump promised.  Another failure.

This mindset illustrates the entire problem.  There is no way to make everyone's premiums go down unless the government pumps in a ton of money, and a lot of people don't want that either.

Seems like some people favor the free market only as long as it benefits them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:54:58 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DB

This mindset illustrates the entire problem.  There is no way to make everyone's premiums go down unless the government pumps in a ton of money, and a lot of people don't want that either.

The "government" has no money to "pump" into it unless it prints it, borrows it or takes it from someone else. Obamacare is all about taking it from someone else. It was never about actually lowering costs, only shifting them.

Offline corbe

I don't recall many people bitching about their premiums pre obummercare @Maj. Bill Martin
   The only valid starting point is the complete REPEAL of this CF, provide an appropriate period of adjustment in the interim, and pass Legislation for the stuff America wants, IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
   I don't recall many people bitching about their premiums pre obummercare @Maj. Bill Martin
   The only valid starting point is the complete REPEAL of this CF, provide an appropriate period of adjustment in the interim, and pass Legislation for the stuff America wants, IMHO

That's right.  If he can't give them lower premiums as he promised just repeal the whole thing.  He ranted over and over about the cost of Obama care.  Now he wants to make it more expensive for people.

That isn't insurance its robbery.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Quote:

The legislation would allow states to opt out of some of ObamaCare’s requirements and could result in people losing their current health coverage or facing much higher premiums.

That is not what Trump has told the American people.  This isn't business as usual.  Americans want their premiums to go down.  That is what Trump promised.  Another failure.

I look at this from a different perspective completely.  It is because of Bammycare that people lost their healthcare, their jobs, their doctors and for the majority of people their premiums skyrocketed.  That is not the fault of President Trump.  Let's place blame where the blame originated.  Bammycare was a nightmare from the very beginning AND Americans were lied to from the onset.  Rising healthcare premiums have been the norm for years; under Bammy though they skyrocketed and now to most their premiums are no longer affordable.

IMHO Trump's only failure right now is not putting his foot down and asking the House to come up with a plan for full REPEAL and replacement.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

I look at this from a different perspective completely.  It is because of Bammycare that people lost their healthcare, their jobs, their doctors and for the majority of people their premiums skyrocketed.  That is not the fault of President Trump.  Let's place blame where the blame originated.  Bammycare was a nightmare from the very beginning AND Americans were lied to from the onset.  Rising healthcare premiums have been the norm for years; under Bammy though they skyrocketed and now to most their premiums are no longer affordable.

IMHO Trump's only failure right now is not putting his foot down and asking the House to come up with a plan for full REPEAL and replacement.

Well actually, Trump has poisoned the well by demanding coverage of preexisting conditions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/30/trump-guarantees-new-obamacare-plan-covers-pre-existing-conditions-in-bid-to-pass-overhaul-plan.html

Insurance that covers things after the fact isn't insurance at all. It's a government entitlement program. And yes, Trump did that all by himself.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Mostly true.  But Trump's idea has always been socialized medicine.  So it will be the same with Trump he cannot do what he said and pay for it too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Well actually, Trump has poisoned the well by demanding coverage of preexisting conditions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/30/trump-guarantees-new-obamacare-plan-covers-pre-existing-conditions-in-bid-to-pass-overhaul-plan.html

Insurance that covers things after the fact isn't insurance at all. It's a government entitlement program. And yes, Trump did that all by himself.

I agree with President Trump. If John Doe had a heart attack while working for company B and company B decides to eliminate his position and John Doe goes to work for another company and he needs to get onto a different insurance plan ... explain to me why the new insurance company should be able to deny him insurance or raise his rates or add a conditional rider to his plan??  Isn't the reason why we have insurance and pay premiums is to ensure we are covered for an illness/hospitalization/emergencies should the need arise?  Why in the heck would we pay for insurance and pay premiums to never use it?  Why should we be penalized for using our insurance?? To often companies find a way to eliminate their employees when they have a major illness. IMHO the notion that pre-existing conditions raises premiums is absurd ... everyone who uses their insurance has some type of pre-existing condition ... ever had a bad cold or the flu and been to the doctor?  What about the children with speech impediments?  How about the children with ADHD? How about skin rashes or people who have ever broken an arm or a leg? How about people with allergies or asthma? If these people lose their insurance, can those people then be denied coverage for those conditions?  Or is it only select conditions like cancer, heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Autism, Parkinson's, etc., you know, the more costly items to treat? The rising cost of healthcare is in large part due to illegals and healthcare fraud and abuse.  I think it is a travesty and very injust to deny coverage to someone who has a catastrophic illness ... should we stop treating people who come down with a disease and only treat people who have mild illnesses that are easily treated or cured?  That's what it's coming to. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:17:05 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I agree with President Trump. If John Doe had a heart attack while working for company B and company B decides to eliminate his position and John Doe goes to work for another company and he needs to get onto a different insurance plan ... explain to me why the new insurance company should be able to deny him insurance or raise his rates or add a conditional rider to his plan??  Isn't the reason why we have insurance and pay premiums is to ensure we are covered for an illness/hospitalization/emergencies should the need arise?  Why in the heck would we pay for insurance and pay premiums to never use it?  Why should we be penalized for using our insurance?? To often companies find a way to eliminate their employees when they have a major illness. IMHO the notion that pre-existing conditions raises premiums is absurd ... everyone who uses their insurance has some type of pre-existing condition ... ever had a bad cold or the flu and been to the doctor?  What about the children with speech impediments?  How about the children with ADHD? How about skin rashes or people who have ever broken an arm or a leg? How about people with allergies or asthma? If these people lose their insurance, can those people then be denied coverage for those conditions?  Or is it only select conditions like cancer, heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Autism, Parkinson's, etc., you know, the more costly items to treat? The rising cost of healthcare is in large part due to illegals and healthcare fraud and abuse.  I think it is a travesty and very injust to deny coverage to someone who has a catastrophic illness ... should we stop treating people who come down with a disease and only treat people who have mild illnesses that are easily treated or cured?  That's what it's coming to.

Well they aren't saying it but illegal immigrants do raise the rates of insurance.  When they are getting free health care they have to make up the cost somehow.

Offline libertybele

Well they aren't saying it but illegal immigrants do raise the rates of insurance.  When they are getting free health care they have to make up the cost somehow.

President Trump seems (at least for the time being) to be getting a handle on halting illegal immigration.  Denying non-citizens healthcare would be a start; easier said than done from a Christian and humanitarian stance, but our citizens are suffering as a result. 

There is no easy answer ... but to try and piecework and patch and existing plan that is already a disaster is absurd.  Repeal the ACA completely and implement the plan that was previously voted on by both Houses a couple of years ago or come up with a new plan like Cruz and Paul's.

Offline Chosen Daughter

President Trump seems (at least for the time being) to be getting a handle on halting illegal immigration.  Denying non-citizens healthcare would be a start; easier said than done from a Christian and humanitarian stance, but our citizens are suffering as a result. 

There is no easy answer ... but to try and piecework and patch and existing plan that is already a disaster is absurd.  Repeal the ACA completely and implement the plan that was previously voted on by both Houses a couple of years ago or come up with a new plan like Cruz and Paul's.

They can get healthcare in Mexico.  I don't know about some of the other countries but all they need to do is go home if they are from Mexico.

https://internationalliving.com/countries/mexico/health-care/ 

These illegals are not needy.  They come because they can take advantage of the system.  Free everything.  If they are sick or pregnant go home.  Americans have to pay for their own health insurance. Why should people working in the US get free healthcare because they are illegal?

Offline libertybele

They can get healthcare in Mexico.  I don't know about some of the other countries but all they need to do is go home if they are from Mexico.

https://internationalliving.com/countries/mexico/health-care/ 

These illegals are not needy.  They come because they can take advantage of the system.  Free everything.  If they are sick or pregnant go home.  Americans have to pay for their own health insurance. Why should people working in the US get free healthcare because they are illegal?

Very well stated!   888high58888

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The "government" has no money to "pump" into it unless it prints it, borrows it or takes it from someone else. Obamacare is all about taking it from someone else. It was never about actually lowering costs, only shifting them.

I believe that was the Major's point.  We can't have it both ways.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Mostly true.  But Trump's idea has always been socialized medicine.  So it will be the same with Trump he cannot do what he said and pay for it too.

I'm not sure exactly where you get that idea unless  it was the not leave people dying in the street remark.  I've never heard Trump advocate socialized medicine.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm not sure exactly where you get that idea unless  it was the not leave people dying in the street remark.  I've never heard Trump advocate socialized medicine.

It wasn't hard to find.  They are not "idea's" , they are truths.  I wouldn't have said it had I not known it to be true.  You could have looked it up yourself.  Google is a great tool to stay in the know.  Simply type in Trump socialized medicine or universal healthcare and wallah!  You could take your pick but here is one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/01/16/trump-obamacare-replacement-will-provide-insurance-for-everybody/#1425f586298d

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It wasn't hard to find.  They are not "idea's" , they are truths.  I wouldn't have said it had I not known it to be true.  You could have looked it up yourself.  Google is a great tool to stay in the know.  Simply type in Trump socialized medicine or universal healthcare and wallah!  You could take your pick but here is one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/01/16/trump-obamacare-replacement-will-provide-insurance-for-everybody/#1425f586298d

By the way, I wasn't going back to 'that thread' but I must say that you made a personal and insulting comment to me over there.

I have disagreed with you and argued with you (we are all entitled to our opinions) but I don't think I have ever insulted you personally.  If I have, I apologize.

We should all remember the first commandment... and the second is like unto it, 'love they neighbor as thyself.'

We are neighbors here on this forum and I would like to think we could disagree even strongly without personal attacks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

By the way, I wasn't going back to 'that thread' but I must say that you made a personal and insulting comment to me over there.

I have disagreed with you and argued with you (we are all entitled to our opinions) but I don't think I have ever insulted you personally.  If I have, I apologize.

We should all remember the first commandment... and the second is like unto it, 'love they neighbor as thyself.'

We are neighbors here on this forum and I would like to think we could disagree even strongly without personal attacks.

What "that thread" and what personal insult?  If it was about you supporting everything gay it is true.  I cannot see why that would be an insult to you.  You are not secret in your support for homosexuality over Biblical truths.

About my response to you on this thread over universal health care.  You  could have checked to find out if Trump supported universal healthcare before you responding that I am posting "idea's" with no basis.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You mean beside the fact he's on record as saying he wants single payer?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@corbe

Actually, a lot of the pre-existing conditions crowd was bitching about it.

Don't you see the cognitive dissonance in this thread?  Really, in the forum overall on this issue?  You've got one group of people saying that we should have a full repeal, and are upset that more members of Congress won't support it.  However, a full repeal which would include getting rid of the pre-existing conditions protections, and that would make premiums increase for people with pre-existing conditions.  That's just basic math.

But then you've got other people complaining about that exact premium increase, and claiming that's not what was supposed to happen.  @Chosen Daughter and @libertybele,for example.  The funny thing is that some in this same group complaining about a potential increase in premiums for pre-existing conditions are also demanding a complete repeal. 

A full repeal, no replace means that premiums for people with pre-existing conditions are going to increase.  I'm not advocating one way or the other -- I'm just pointing out the mathematical reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, yes....but, isn't that what we asked him to do?  And, he's not doing it.  Not even close.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I don't have time to give this a full answer right now - back later.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I agree with President Trump. If John Doe had a heart attack while working for company B and company B decides to eliminate his position and John Doe goes to work for another company and he needs to get onto a different insurance plan ... explain to me why the new insurance company should be able to deny him insurance or raise his rates or add a conditional rider to his plan??

Isn't the reason why we have insurance and pay premiums is to ensure we are covered for an illness/hospitalization/emergencies should the need arise?  Why in the heck would we pay for insurance and pay premiums to never use it?  Why should we be penalized for using our insurance??..... IMHO the notion that pre-existing conditions raises premiums is absurd ... everyone who uses their insurance has some type of pre-existing condition ... ever had a bad cold or the flu and been to the doctor?  What about the children with speech impediments?  How about the children with ADHD? How about skin rashes or people who have ever broken an arm or a leg? How about people with allergies or asthma? If these people lose their insurance, can those people then be denied coverage for those conditions?  Or is it only select conditions like cancer, heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Autism, Parkinson's, etc., you know, the more costly items to treat? The rising cost of healthcare is in large part due to illegals and healthcare fraud and abuse.  I think it is a travesty and very injust to deny coverage to someone who has a catastrophic illness ... should we stop treating people who come down with a disease and only treat people who have mild illnesses that are easily treated or cured?  That's what it's coming to.

I don't get this.  Do you support a full repeal and the free market, or not?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:12:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »