Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 6871 times)

Offline DB

Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:18 pm »
Or maybe they had no choice.  O'Reilly has a big ego and is a bully.  Maybe this was the only option he left them with.  :shrug:

We'll see if Fox viewers agree. I'm not one. I think there will be consequences.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2017, 06:07:32 pm »
Fox reporter Margarette Hoover said O'Reilly did not remember her name during a segment and called Hoover 'her blondness" after the show or something  like that and she said it was harrassment for that comment and she filed a complaint.

calling someone "your blondness" is cause for firing? I've been called worse names than that.

Offline DB

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »
All I'll add to this conversation is remember Anita Hill...

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2017, 06:11:50 pm »
A pretty funny clip from the early 90s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

NSFW language, IIRC

Seems a bit thin skinned...lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2017, 06:19:20 pm »
We'll see if Fox viewers agree. I'm not one. I think there will be consequences.

There are bound to be, @DB.  The operative question the Murdocks had to consider was, which consequences were worse?  Keeping him or letting him go?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:19 pm »
If Beck is such a big fan of O'Reilly's and thinks he is really innocent, that is one place BOR can go, the Blaze.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:39:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2017, 07:09:02 pm »
Merged three O'Reilly threads.

Silver Pines

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »
Yeah, I heard that one too.  It's hard to figure out what it was he did - was it stupid stuff like calling someone "Blondie", or was it real, predatory behavior?

@Sanguine

I saw a few moments of Margaret Hoover on CNN this morning, talking with Alysyn Camerota, who used to work at Fox.  Hoover said that O'Reilly never sexually harassed her, but that she always felt like she was walking a tightrope when she appeared on his show.  He regularly commented on her clothing, her makeup, the length of her skirt, and she said it was clear that the assumption was he had the authority to do that kind of thing, and women were expected to pay attention to his instructions.

Camerota said that sexual harassment by Ailes was the reason she left, and she talked about the morale among women employees at Fox (it was, and still is, lousy).  They all know that they don't have the option of speaking up if they want to keep their jobs.  Hopefully that might be changing now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:46 pm »
They did the same crap to Trump as well. Luckily Trump was willing to get into the sandpit with the leftists and give it back to them twice as hard as he got it. But, O'Reilly, a TV personality whose employment will be driven by ratings and for whom negative attention isn't welcome, this is a different story.

@JannTosh

Nobody did anything to Trump or O'Reilly.  In Trump's case, it was his own mouth that caught him out on tape.  With O'Reilly, it's a history of sexually harassing women going back more than a decade. 

He has no one to blame but himself.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2017, 09:17:29 pm »
Interesting. This was posted by a friend who used to be a financial analyst on Fox shows and worked with BORe and others.  A very unique perspective, especially around changing the image of Fox to get past UK regulators to allow them to buy Sky News. (added in bold). This is one person who does know the inner workings and has legitmate connections to what is going on.

Well the end of the "O"Reilly Factor" comes down to not just whether Rupert Murdoch does not want to fire O’Reilly because it would make it appear he was forced into a decision by “the New York Times.”

My sources say inside the hallowed halls of the House of Fox the ad boycott is now worse than the Glenn Beck disaster. Morale I am told from many sources "stinks" and knives are drawn.

Fox News makes from $1 to $1.50 or more per cable subscriber per month (depending on carrier). At over 120 million cable subs, do that math. Advertising at $159 million+ for the Factor is ALL profit after paying commissions and sales force salaries/overhead but peanuts in big picture.

BUT the Murdochs are trying to buy the rest of Sky Network (think Direct TV for the UK and parts of Europe) and regulators need to determine their "suitability as public stewards." Keeping a high profile guy with a long term unambiguous record of sexual abuse/harassment does NOT look good to regulators especially after the 2012 wire-tapping debacle.

They JUST signed him to a new contract...with stiffer morals clauses reportedly.  To fire him now would cost them to pay out the terms...roughly $20 million a year for say 3-4 years.

The tie-breaker is the Sky TV deal...it is growing and can be taken to many other english speaking countries.

My bet is the math (lost advertising $$ and SkyTV consolidated revenues) make Bill a goner with Tucker taking his spot and and player to be named later for Tucker's spot.

But the facts are Rupert Murdoch built his media empire without paying much attention to corporate norms and rules. His sons who tacitly run the show however showed us with the ouster of Roger Ailes that they want to run a different kind of company.

In the end what happens to O’Reilly will tell us more about who is winning the intergenerational battle over 21st Century Fox.

But to me it could not happen to a more deserving pompous degenerate.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2017, 09:18:39 pm »
Also note the last line above...

Silver Pines

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:41 pm »
Also note the last line above...

@AbaraXas

From someone who's in a position to know.

I personally don't care how badly Fox suffers.  They've actively nurtured an environment where women are harassed and "know their place". 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:49 pm »
@AbaraXas

I personally don't care how badly Fox suffers.  They've actively nurtured an environment where women are harassed and "know their place".

O'Relly's response makes it believable simply because he clearly sees himself as the most important person at FOX and above reproach.

People with that kind of overinflated self worth tend to not be big fans of following rules or respecting others.

Silver Pines

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »
O'Relly's response makes it believable simply because he clearly sees himself as the most important person at FOX and above reproach.

People with that kind of overinflated self worth tend to not be big fans of following rules or respecting others.

@Cripplecreek

Yes,and that sense of entitlement was always glaringly obvious. 

Conservatives have to stop enabling his kind of sorry behavior by giving knee-jerk defense just because the person says some things we like.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:18 pm »
@AbaraXas

I don't think Fox or O'Really are suffering, so they're just an academic discussion to me.  I do feel bad if the women working there are having a difficult go of it, to a point.  Many appear to have been hired for their looks, so that tempers my pity, like Laurie Dhue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:11 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Conservatives have to stop enabling his kind of sorry behavior by giving knee-jerk defense just because the person says some things we like.

Can't be repeated often enough.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2017, 10:16:07 pm »

Ted Baxter's personality isn't the point here. He is a fairly stupid gas bag. The point is that a concerted effort by the Left to take him out succeeded based on hearsay and lame allegations that were never expanded upon. The whole thing stinks.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2017, 10:16:13 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Yes,and that sense of entitlement was always glaringly obvious. 

They are just like any other celebrity. If we put them on pedestals and treat them like gods they begin to believe and act like it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »
Emails show how desperate Bill O'Reilly's lawyers tried to save his job the day before being fired with 'evidence' he was being targeted by a smear campaign

O'Reilly's legal team discussed whether or not to share an April 13 email that announced two conference calls with liberal watchdog group Media Matters
    Calls were originally scheduled for Thursday and Friday with groups president
    Media Matters had spearheaded an 'advertiser education campaign' to have companies drop from advertising on The O'Reilly Factor
    According to Politico, purpose of the calls were 'to discuss the success of the campaign so far, and our plans moving forward.'
    The Media Matters emails allegedly served as 'evidence' for O'Reilly that he was being targeted in a smear campaign
    His legal team was deciding whether or not to bring the emails to the Murdochs, but ultimately didn't as he was fired on Wednesday after 20 years at network
    O'Reilly will be getting $25million from the network after being terminated in the wake of the latest Fox News sexual harassment scandal

By Regina F. Graham and Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com

Published: 20:14 EDT, 20 April 2017 | Updated: 01:56 EDT, 21 April 2017

The day before Fox News ousted host Bill O'Reilly, the anchor's lawyers tried desperately to save his job with 'evidence' that he was being targeted by a smear campaign, a new report claims.

On Tuesday, O'Reilly's legal team debated sending Fox emails that showed how a liberal watchdog group was celebrating the success of its campaign to get advertisers to drop his show.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4431004/Emails-Bill-O-Reilly-tried-save-job-Fox.html#ixzz4etkSCDPs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline TomSea

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2017, 03:30:10 pm »
The usual self-righteousness abounds.  Might as well chart some to David Brock's and Media Matters' side.  Do they ever actually support conservatives or perhaps better said, conservatives that might actually achieve something?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:33:00 pm by TomSea »

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2017, 03:32:33 pm »

Yes, the ad boycott was being led by the same group that boycotted Beck and Limbaugh.

O'Reilly's history of sexual harassment is a separate matter.