Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 08:42:00 pm »
It's because you're so darned irresistible!

Meanwhile, I look like a mud fence, so I'm always in danger.  Carlos Danger.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »
It's because you're so darned irresistible!
Nah. I'm not irresistible. I'm an impersonal bastard, who has a functional over emotional mindset. I'm a software architect and it has warped my brain. Everything with me is about getting to the point and achieving the goal. That's why I don't really get the point of messing around at work. It is simply not an efficient and it is not a logical way to achieve sexual gratification. It will only lead to problems in the long run. I guess some people simply cannot control themselves, regardless of the obvious danger and the long term costs. I call this kind of person a fool. And fools always wind up paying the price for their foolishness eventually, as we can clearly see with Billy O.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 09:36:13 pm »
Nah. I'm not irresistible. I'm an impersonal bastard, who has a functional over emotional mindset. I'm a software architect and it has warped my brain. Everything with me is about getting to the point and achieving the goal. That's why I don't really get the point of messing around at work. It is simply not an efficient and it is not a logical way to achieve sexual gratification. It will only lead to problems in the long run. I guess some people simply cannot control themselves, regardless of the obvious danger and the long term costs. I call this kind of person a fool. And fools always wind up paying the price for their foolishness eventually, as we can clearly see with Billy O.

We call them fools, and they call us geeks.  In the end, we retire earlier with better nest eggs.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:35 pm »
IOW, neither fair nor balanced.

They used to at least try to give perspective while being more conservative than liberal.  They were the closest thing to balance out there.

No more.

@musiclady

And downright rude to guests!  THATS the thing I couldn't take most of all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:53 pm »
Sounds OK.  I like Bolling.  I'll miss Brett Baier, always liked him for some reason.

@Cyber Liberty

Is Brett leaving?  Where is that in the announcement?  Did I miss it?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2017, 09:54:06 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Is Brett leaving?  Where is that in the announcement?  Did I miss it?

No, I just didn't see him on that schedule somebody posted upthread.  @Wingnut tells me he's still on, 6PM Eastern.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2017, 09:55:25 pm »
No, I just didn't see him on that schedule somebody posted upthread.  @Wingnut tells me he's still on, 6PM Eastern.

Yeah! I should have read down a few post before I asked!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 11:39:31 pm »
Mrs. Liberty tells me he's been working hard at getting his marriage with two children annulled.  From what I know of the RCC, that's gonna cost him, maybe more than the various settlements.

@Cyber Liberty

That's vile.  But sadly, it doesn't surprise me.  If he cared about his children, he wouldn't have thrown their mother down the stairs in front of them (as his daughter testified).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2017, 01:52:24 am »
@musiclady

And downright rude to guests!  THATS the thing I couldn't take most of all!

Rude to guests, and proud of it.

That's called childishness in my book.

Glad I don't watch Fox any more.  It's much more interesting and edifying to get my news here.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:51 am »
Rude to guests, and proud of it.

That's called childishness in my book.

Glad I don't watch Fox any more.  It's much more interesting and edifying to get my news here.  ^-^

Absolutely @musiclady :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:56 am »
This is why you remain a national treasure.  Have not watched O'Baxter in 15 years.

Hannity will be next for kidding around with 'flipper'

See. Your hatred of Ted Baxter leave you with nothing tangible of this guy doing jack shit to women. I don't even watch this assclown but see this for what it is. Shutting down a center right news agency through intimidation and thug tactics.

If anyone is in denial it is people like you who are too stupid to read an article where the enemy openly brags that they are taking this idiot out with lies.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:39 am »
Beck was all over this, this morning, before the announcement, trying to get his listenership on O'Reilly's side saying that Media Matters played a big part in all of this.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2017, 02:55:58 am »
OReilly was well past his sell by date. He is not a real conservative, his routine was old and tired, and most people were through with his bloviating.  On top of it the guy was a pompous jerk who brought his own destruction on himself.  He is no great loss to Fox. I do not see a more generalized attack on Fox so far, but we will see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:56:40 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2017, 03:02:20 am »
OReilly was well past his sell by date. He is not a real conservative, his routine was old and tired, and most people were through with his bloviating.  On top of it the guy was a pompous jerk who brought his own destruction on himself.  He is no great loss to Fox. I do not see a more generalized attack on Fox so far, but we will see what happens.

Ailes > MeAgain > O'Baxter > O' Hannity > O' Bowtie
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline anubias

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:12 am »
I liked O'Reilly back when the Clintons were in power.  O'Reilly didn't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced" back then and readily spewed his hatred for anything Hillary.  Once he went F&B, that was the end of him for me except on Wednesdays when I would tune in to see Dennis Miller.

Balling is a bore.  The Five is boring as well.  Tucker is not 8 pm material.  Martha replacing Greta?  It appears to me that they are destroying FOX piecemeal. 

I've already made the move to OANN.

Offline JannTosh

« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2017, 03:56:36 am »
They did the same crap to Trump as well. Luckily Trump was willing to get into the sandpit with the leftists and give it back to them twice as hard as he got it. But, O'Reilly, a TV personality whose employment will be driven by ratings and for whom negative attention isn't welcome, this is a different story.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 05:08:20 am »
I liked O'Reilly back when the Clintons were in power.  O'Reilly didn't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced" back then and readily spewed his hatred for anything Hillary.  Once he went F&B, that was the end of him for me except on Wednesdays when I would tune in to see Dennis Miller.

Balling is a bore.  The Five is boring as well.  Tucker is not 8 pm material.  Martha replacing Greta?  It appears to me that they are destroying FOX piecemeal. 

I've already made the move to OANN.

Me  too.   

Feeling bad for Dennis Miller and even Jesse, "This is my world" Watters.  Wondering if the city tours are over.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2017, 09:03:50 am »
Thinking about it, I think Fox is going to pay a heavy price for dumping O'Reilly the way they did. He has lots of loyal followers - which are/were Fox's customers - which they just pissed off big time. The Murdoch boys are in for a rude awakening. We'll see...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2017, 01:13:30 pm »
Thinking about it, I think Fox is going to pay a heavy price for dumping O'Reilly the way they did. He has lots of loyal followers - which are/were Fox's customers - which they just pissed off big time. The Murdoch boys are in for a rude awakening. We'll see...

You're probably correct.  The people who've been raving over him are the people who would never watch Fox News anyway.  They're pleased as punch he's fired and in disgrace, but Hell will freeze over before they watch Tucker Carlson.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:13:48 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2017, 01:37:46 pm »
Me  too.   

Feeling bad for Dennis Miller and even Jesse, "This is my world" Watters.  Wondering if the city tours are over.

He is replacing Bolling on The Five which is moving to 9 PM.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:26 pm »
He is replacing Bolling on The Five which is moving to 9 PM.

Oo............. are they going to change the name to "The Nine" now??  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:36 pm »
I agree. Whatever happened with Bill, Fox could have handled it gracefully, but chose not to. Dumping him while he was on vacation without giving him the opportunity to sign off, was brutal. That's more than just firing him. That is a body slam. That is personal.

I don't think they yet realize what they have done. Whether I watched The Factor or not, I knew it was on. That is to say that it was a mental staple and a stability in my life, even if I wasn't watching. To have something like that yanked out of your life after decades, overnight, with no closure, will take some adjustment.

Fox did not just fire O'Reilly, they fired part of their audience with him. And the way they did it was a slap in the face to millions of loyal viewers. It was as if Fox News said, 'We don't give a single damn about you or what you think. We will do whatever we want anytime we want to and you can go to hell. Take your loyalty and stuff it.'

I know that Fox News thinks that they are the king of the hill and that they can do anything they want to with impunity, but once they begin insulting and disrespecting their viewers, they will soon learn how fragile their lead, and their ad revenue, always has been.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:07:06 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:39 pm »
Oo............. are they going to change the name to "The Nine" now??  ^-^

Nah, Gutfeld saiD:  "Hey Its five o'clock somewhere!"

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 02:49:46 pm »
Nah, Gutfeld saiD:  "Hey Its five o'clock somewhere!"

Gutfeld always is pithy.  ^-^

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2017, 03:39:31 pm »
SOURCE: WASHINGTON FREE BEACON

URL: http://freebeacon.com/culture/oreilly-says-completely-unfounded-claims-led-ousting/

by Nick Bolger

Bill O'Reilly released a statement on Wednesday clarifying his departure from Fox News, saying that "completely unfounded claims" were the cause.

The departure came in the wake of multiple sexual harassment allegations against the cable news star, but his statement remained positive toward his former employer, Mediaite reported.

"Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television," O'Reilly stated.

"It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today," he continued, alluding to the sexual harassment allegations.

"I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel," he concluded.

O'Reilly had worked for Fox News for over 20 years before he was released on Wednesday.