Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48705 times)

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

People doing things they know are wrong always find a way to justify it.

He was dying when I met him... A very bright man, and a pleasure to talk to... A curiosity, to be sure, for me. I had to ask him how his homosexual pedophilia squared with his otherwise staid Methodist beliefs.

He nearly broke his arm patting himself on the back for saving the boy (8 at the time) from Vegas street life, proud of the home he provided to him, and in his mind, raising him up right... All the while, plowing that poor boy for over a decade.

And he was blind to the flaw. Utterly blinded.  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline musiclady

Teaching 2 year olds about anyone's sexual lifestyle...is dimwitted and sick. Has nothing to do with the Homo-vs-Hetero thing. Its about politics and power, sadly...and the liberal need to force people to think as they do. Its even worse than its mirror image, that seeks to force a Christian brand of morality on everyone.

How silly of you to think that the understanding that homosexuality is wrong is merely a "Christian brand of morality."

You don't know very much about the world, do you, @Mesaclone:shrug:

Always bragging about how much you know while flailing in ignorance......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This would be the point at which you abandoned the Constitution in favor of judicial tyranny.

The guarantee of the law's equal protection is explicitly provided for in the Constitution.   It is hardly judicial tyranny to apply that protection to the facts of state law benefits for civil marriage,  any more than it was judicial tyranny back in 1954 to apply that protection to black kids forced to attend "separate but equal" segregated schools.   

It has been accepted by all but the troglodytes that the federal appellate courts have the authority to interpret and construe the federal Constitution.    That you disagree with a particular decision does not mean we have succumbed to "judicial tyranny".    Separate but equal is an obsolete concept,  both as applied to segregated schools and the protections and benefits of civil marriage.    And besides -  the SCOTUS hasn't taken any rights away from you nor impaired their exercise.   Your civil marriage isn't affected in the slightest by what your neighbors now have the right to do.

Bottom line - mind your own business.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:50:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He was dying when I met him... A very bright man, and a pleasure to talk to... A curiosity, to be sure, for me. I had to ask him how his homosexual pedophilia squared with his otherwise staid Methodist beliefs.

He nearly broke his arm patting himself on the back for saving the boy (8 at the time) from Vegas street life, proud of the home he provided to him, and in his mind, raising him up right... All the while, plowing that poor boy for over a decade.

And he was blind to the flaw. Utterly blinded.  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Wow....
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

If only you could follow your own advice...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Top down societal management is the epitome of progressivism.

The SCOTUS's decision didn't affect your marriage in the slightest.   Why do are so resentful that your neighbors can marry just as you can?   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The SCOTUS's decision didn't affect your marriage in the slightest.   Why do are so resentful that your neighbors can marry just as you can?   

Because it gave gays yet another protected fake "right" that straight couples don't have...so yes it does affect @Cripplecreek it affects me and everyone who is in a normal marriage.

When and how do WE get our protected "right" of marriage?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:04:44 pm by txradioguy »

Offline roamer_1

Because they are not a man and a woman.

Giving people that which they ought not have does not lift them up. It lowers the sanctity, or power, or verity of the thing they've obtained falsely. Marriage, all ready under attack, is diminished further.

Legalizing depravity and calling it good, does not make it legal or good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
That would be the case where the decision of the people of California was discarded in favor of judicial fiat.  A case IIRC that was presided over by a closeted gay judge who should have recused himself from the case because of a conflict of interest...who ruled against Prop 8 then promptly cam out and retired at the same time.

In Michigan the law clerk of the federal judge who ruled in favor of gay marriage happily told the story of emotionally manipulating the judge over a 20 year period. She hid the fact that she was a lesbian for 10 year and then after coming out she and her partner adopted 2 kids and got them into the habit of calling the judge "Grampa". They clerk then made sure to have the kids in the courtroom where the judge could see them during arguments for and against gay marriage.

They are manipulative garbage.

I have a lesbian cousin who is currently at the Mayo clinic being treated for depression because not everyone accepts her and the family is supposed to fawn all over her. I won't.

Offline roamer_1

No.  There have been homosexuals in every era in history.  I know of no instances of a person marrying his or her dog.

Bestiality has always been around too... And Caligula married his horse in the depravity of Rome's final death throes.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Because if gave gays yet another protected fake "right" that straight couples don't have...so yes it does affect @Cripplecreek it affects me and everyone who is in a normal marriage.

When and how do WE get our protected "right" of marriage?

Ever notice how the supporters of gay marriage add "how does it affect you" as if its supposed to make a difference? Its because like all progressives, they're liars and cowards trying to direct the argument in a direction of their choosing.

The fact is that the court even ruling on it was unconstitutional.

Offline Hoodat

The guarantee of the law's equal protection is explicitly provided for in the Constitution.

Equal protection was already in place.  This has been pointed out to you again and again and again, yet you continue to offer this lie.   Furthermore, you have been asked repeatedly to show how California law et al denied equal protection.  And each and every time, you fail to make a case.

So again, how was equal protection violated?  Either make the case, or stop lying about it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ever notice how the supporters of gay marriage add "how does it affect you" as if its supposed to make a difference? Its because like all progressives, they're liars and cowards trying to direct the argument in a direction of their choosing.

The fact is that the court even ruling on it was unconstitutional.

I believe you described it best when you used the term "manipulative garbage."

Offline musiclady

The guarantee of the law's equal protection is explicitly provided for in the Constitution.   It is hardly judicial tyranny to apply that protection to the facts of state law benefits for civil marriage,  any more than it was judicial tyranny back in 1954 to apply that protection to black kids forced to attend "separate but equal" segregated schools.   

It has been accepted by all but the troglodytes that the federal appellate courts have the authority to interpret and construe the federal Constitution.    That you disagree with a particular decision does not mean we have succumbed to "judicial tyranny".    Separate but equal is an obsolete concept,  both as applied to segregated schools and the protections and benefits of civil marriage.    And besides -  the SCOTUS hasn't taken any rights away from you nor impaired their exercise.   Your civil marriage isn't affected in the slightest by what your neighbors now have the right to do.

Troglodytes??   Seriously, Jazz???  You think that little of every Christian who defends Scriptural truth??

Btw, you have completely swallowed the leftist propaganda you've been fed for decades.

Congratulations on being malleable to the will and purposes of the anti-American left.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How silly of you to think that the understanding that homosexuality is wrong is merely a "Christian brand of morality."

Homosexuality isn't "wrong" in the sense that sexual orientation is part of who someone intrinsically is.  Folks are wired to be gay or straight - you know you are, don't you? -  which is why I've said that God doesn't make mistakes.   God created my neighbors in His own image, just as He created you and I.     

Homosexual behavior, on the other hand, can be wrong.  Or not, depending on the circumstances.   As I've said before,  true immorality includes such behaviors as promiscuity, pedophilia,  unfaithfulness, infidelity, or the breaking of vows made in the sight of God to another.   Such immorality can be practiced by straights or gays,  Christians and non-Christians.   I'll evaluate folks based on their honor and honesty as individuals,  not on whether or not the Creator made them gay or straight. 

Am I wrong to think that God is capable of similar nuance?     
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:27:31 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
the federal appellate courts have the authority to interpret and construe the federal Constitution

So what happens when say the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit decides that the federal edict that gave gays the fake right of marriage violates the 9th and 10th Amendments and strikes down the federal regulation and returns the right to determine if gay "marriage" is legal to each individual state?

Will you still insist that the courts have that authority...or will you suddenly decide that courts interpreting the Constitution is a bad thing and needs to be stopped?

I'm guessing the latter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Troglodytes??   Seriously, Jazz???  You think that little of every Christian who defends Scriptural truth??

Btw, you have completely swallowed the leftist propaganda you've been fed for decades.

Congratulations on being malleable to the will and purposes of the anti-American left.

ML,  by troglodytes I was referring to those who refuse to accept the federal courts' role in interpreting the Federal Constitution,  that is, who do not accept Marbury v. Madison.

If you believe in the Bible's literal truth,  be my guest.   You're not a troglodyte,  you're practicing your faith as you see it - and which the Constitution guarantees.   But the Constitution also guarantees the law's equal protection  - and that applies to my neighbors as well as those who parse the opinions recorded in the Bible and insist they represent the "word" of God Himself.   

Offline roamer_1

Homosexuality isn't "wrong"

Yes it is.

in the sense that sexual orientation is part of who someone intrinsically is. 

No it's not.

Why, yes you are! It is written.
That isn't to say that YHWH doesn't love them. He wants them (and all of us) to turn from wickedness and come back to him. Some would rather keep their demons.

Offline musiclady

Homosexuality isn't "wrong" in the sense that sexual orientation is part of who someone intrinsically is.  Folks are wired to be gay or straight - which is why I've said that God doesn't make mistakes.   God created my neighbors in His own image, just as He created you and I.     

Homosexual behavior, on the other hand, can be wrong.  Or not, depending on the circumstances.   As I've said before,  true immorality includes such behaviors as promiscuity, pedophilia,  unfaithfulness, infidelity, the breaking of vows made in the sight of God to another.   Such immorality can be practiced by straights or gays,  Christians and non-Christians.   I'll evaluate folks based on their honor and honesty as individuals,  not on whether or not God made them gay or straight. 

You are wrong to think that God is made in your image, and not the other way around.

Where you are correct is that God doesn't make mistakes.  However, we are all born into a sinful world as sinners because of the choice of Adam and Eve to sin.  Homosexual behavior is a sin, just as stealing is a sin and assaulting people is a sin.

I was born with a desire to take things that weren't mine and hit people who made me mad.  (I was also born with a temper).   If I act on those urges, I am sinning, and it is wrong.  If indeed, a homosexual is "born that way" (highly unscientific and doubtful, btw, but you have swallowed the line), then acting on it is a sin, just as a heterosexual's having sex without a wife or husband is a sin (and no, you can't pretend that a man is a wife, or a woman is a husband.... they are physiologically not), is a sin.

The idea that it is only Christians who understand this basic reality, is silly.  It is the result of progressive propaganda that has sunk in to the gullible part of our society.  It is not truth that you tout here, Jazz.  It is made up liberalism.

The reality is that homosexuals cannot "marry."  You can pretend all you like, but it isn't normal, and it doesn't work.

btw, I'm glad your neighbors are happy.  I'm sure they are nice.  Some very, very nice people are homosexual, and none of them should be mistreated or made fun of.

Even those of us whom you smear as "troglodytes" treat them with the love that all people should get.

THAT...... is because we believe what the Scripture says, and don't make up our own rules in opposition to God's law.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Bestiality has always been around too... And Caligula married his horse in the depravity of Rome's final death throes.

Homosexuality as akin to bestiality?   It's cruel slander such as this that turns so many decent folks off to "Christian" conservatism.   

Offline roamer_1

I was born with a desire to take things that weren't mine and hit people who made me mad. 

We must be kin.

Offline musiclady

ML,  by troglodytes I was referring to those who refuse to accept the federal courts' role in interpreting the Federal Constitution,  that is, who do not accept Marbury v. Madison.

If you believe in the Bible's literal truth,  be my guest.   You're not a troglodyte,  you're practicing your faith as you see it - and which the Constitution guarantees.   But the Constitution also guarantees the law's equal protection  - and that applies to my neighbors as well as those who parse the opinions recorded in the Bible and insist they represent the "word" of God Himself.   

It's already been clearly pointed out on this thread that the "law" you believe in (because it suits your liberal perspective on morality), is not even close to being Constitutional.

I assume that you would call people who opposed Jim Crow laws, passed by the vaunted Supreme Court, as "troglodytes" as well.

The SC court gets a lot of things wrong, Jazz.  They're fallible, mostly leftist men, who believe in Progressive "principles."

Progressive principles like segregation, abortion, and now homosexual 'marriage.'.........

They got this one wrong.

Offline musiclady

Homosexuality as akin to bestiality?   It's cruel slander such as this that turns so many decent folks off to "Christian" conservatism.

They're both sins. 

Adultery.  Fornication.  Homosexuality.  Bestiality.  Incest.  ALL sins.

Offline musiclady

We must be kin.

:beer:

Here's to not giving in to our sinful impulses, brother.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yes.