Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48724 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Actually, it serves a key purpose...and that is to say that the sexual inclinations of Jesus are utterly meaningless.

If he engaged in Homosexuality,  it would make of him a lawbreaker and a hypocrite.    It would not even be possible for someone in that culture to carry a religious message if they were known to be a homosexual.   To say it is meaningless is merely an indication that you do not very well grasp the religious significance of what such a thing would represent.

For the damage it would have caused to his message,   he might as well have been a cripple or a leper.   No one would have listened to him.   

They don't change the beauty and depth of his message of love to the world, and they don't make him any less of a principled, kind and loving being. It matters not at all if he was homosexual, heterosexual or asexual.

From my perspective,   your thinking is incredibly weird.   Weird in such a way I cannot grasp it.   Suffice it to say I think it would make a huge difference.   There is only one natural and accepted sexual practice in that culture,  and it is heterosexual monogamy.    He could not deliver any sort of message at all if he could not live up to the normal religious expectations of the populace to whom he preached.   

As for what is "heterosexual" lifestyle...you miss the point. There is no such thing as a "hetero" nor a "homo" lifestyle. There are millions of people that fit within both categories and they live widely varied lifestyles regardless of their hetero or homo orientation.

The most accurate study so far places the number of male homosexuals at 2% of the overall population.   

In my opinion they are a subset of the mentally ill component of the nation,   and indeed that is the way both the Medical and the legal system used to regard them. 

As a wise man once said "You judge each man individually, on his own merits. Anyone who judges by the group is a peawit."

Your "wise man"  appears to have been a made up fictional character that someone wrote in a book called " The Killer Angels" and he appears to be fictional character  "Lawrence Chamberlain, commander of the 20th Maine".   

Here is a quote from another wise man in a book.  I'll leave it up to you to decide whether he is real or not.  He seems to be judging people as a group.

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

People mocked those that predicted the Lawrence v. Texas would lead to gay "marriage" too and yet here we are.

Back in 1980 I was telling one of my friends about the threat that the "gay"  lifestyle posed to the United States.   He said all the things I was predicting were utter hogwash and would never happen.   

Back in 2008 he told me everything I said had come to pass.    He said that he was the foolish one and I was the more perceptive between the two of us. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Anything you have to opine on in regards to the scriptures means JACK and SQUAT to me.

Your opinion of the scriptures is akin to a Satan worshipper telling me his.

The fact still remains that the court had no right to make federal law so those wanting to abandon the fight over gay marriage are betraying both God and the federalism of the Constitution.

They are progressives by any other name.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Teachers’ Union: ‘Promote’ LGBT Lifestyles to Two Year Olds to Stop Hate Crime

Transgender lifestyles and same-sex relationships should be ‘promoted’ to children as young as two to reduce hate crime, the National Union of Teachers (NUT) has said.

Delegates at the union’s national conference in Cardiff on Monday voted for its members to teach about ‘LGBT+’ issues and lifestyles to toddlers starting from nursery school.

Teachers bemoaned a “lack of policies which promote LGBT+ within schools”, which they allege has a “significant negative impact” on the well-being of students and teachers who are homosexual or transgender.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04/18/promote-lgbt-lifestyles-two-year-olds/

Moving the goal posts again.   At least this is in England.   I think the Muslims will roll that back once they take over that country. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Keep seeking, Catherine, one day you will find the true god of love.

@Mesaclone

I have, and when I did, I understood right away that God has a capital G.

Offline Mesaclone

@Mesaclone

I have, and when I did, I understood right away that God has a capital G.

Yes, the holy and profound capital G.
Not wanting to understate the very important letter "G"...but maybe keep searching...there's a bit more that's of much greater significance that you seem to have passed by.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04/18/promote-lgbt-lifestyles-two-year-olds/

Moving the goal posts again.   At least this is in England.   I think the Muslims will roll that back once they take over that country.

Teaching 2 year olds about anyone's sexual lifestyle...is dimwitted and sick. Has nothing to do with the Homo-vs-Hetero thing. Its about politics and power, sadly...and the liberal need to force people to think as they do. Its even worse than its mirror image, that seeks to force a Christian brand of morality on everyone.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Citing scripture out of context and misunderstanding its meaning is almost a given.

You worship a completely different God than I do.

There is no Satan, FYI, there is no need for such a figure.

“Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". - Luke 10:17-18

Like I said - you have no authority to declare anything in regards to the scriptures.  All you have is the intellect of yourself that you worship while proclaiming a god that simply the god of this world.

So, while you may not care for my "opine" on the scriptures, it is precisely the thing that God is using to show you the way back to his love.

Your god is using you to do only one thing: to show and lead people to the wide gate that leads to destruction.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:14:06 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

I know which one to use....don't you?

Yeah... My own.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Just like Texas is a minority-majority state headed blue, Georgia by 2025. You sure seem like to put down other people while upholding a Confederation of States that fought a war over slavery.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:28:51 am by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I just hit reply because I am not going to argue with anyone.  There is nothing to argue. 

The plain truth is that homosexuals deny Gods Word and His power to heal.  I have heard gays don't choose to be gay.  Hard life.........  When they get tired of it and they are at the lowest low Jesus is there.  Then, and only then, when and if they sincerely need Jesus; that is when they will be able to see that God did not create the hell they live in.  He did not create their hard life.  He does not create little children gay.  He gives people over to their sinful natures because they don't want or need?, healing.

If you say in your heart there is nothing wrong with me then you don't need Jesus.  So mind your own business and leave Christianity alone.

In other words,.........There are no scriptures which say God made you gay.  No scripture approving of gay marriage.  No scripture that says you can be gay in a monogamous relationship. 

The Bible is not for you.  If you wan to be gay be gay.  Don't worry about the Bible because it is not going to change for you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:46:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Interesting analogy. If you wish to consider this further and deeper, I suggest looking at kintsugi. Although Japanese, it is safe to google.

God finds beauty in brokenness.  Brokenness opens the door for healing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Every bit as ridiculous as two men (or tw women) marrying each other... At least that was so a generation ago.

No.  There have been homosexuals in every era in history.  I know of no instances of a person marrying his or her dog.

Although I do love Smitty very much in a mother/doggie sort of way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No.  There have been homosexuals in every era in history.  I know of no instances of a person marrying his or her dog.

Although I do love Smitty very much in a mother/doggie sort of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2Efj5RuNw

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
“Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". - Luke 10:17-18

Like I said - you have no authority to declare anything in regards to the scriptures.  All you have is the intellect of yourself that you worship while proclaiming a god that simply the god of this world.

What's the saying? Satans greatest trick was convincing people he doesn't exist.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Anything you have to opine on in regards to the scriptures means JACK and SQUAT to me.

Your opinion of the scriptures is akin to a Satan worshipper telling me his.

Except he speaks the truth and you're too stubborn to accept it.    Those words that you use to condemn and slander good people aren't those of God,  but of a man speaking his opinion in the culture of his times.   

Gay and straight are merely labels applied by those too lazy or, in your case, malevolent to address folks as individuals.    The gay couple who remain faithful and true to each other are condemned by you as morally degenerate,  no differently than those who prowl the bathhouses in search of multiple partners.    And you don't say much at all about the Christians (and others) who commit adultery and divorce the spouses for whom they took an oath before God.

My neighbors are honest, faithful and honorable.   I'll continue to defend them against the likes of you. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:31:25 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I just hit reply because I am not going to argue with anyone.  There is nothing to argue. 

The plain truth is that homosexuals deny Gods Word and His power to heal.  I have heard gays don't choose to be gay.  Hard life.........  When they get tired of it and they are at the lowest low Jesus is there.  Then, and only then, when and if they sincerely need Jesus; that is when they will be able to see that God did not create the hell they live in.  He did not create their hard life.  He does not create little children gay.  He gives people over to their sinful natures because they don't want or need?, healing.

If you say in your heart there is nothing wrong with me then you don't need Jesus.  So mind your own business and leave Christianity alone.

In other words,.........There are no scriptures which say God made you gay.  No scripture approving of gay marriage.  No scripture that says you can be gay in a monogamous relationship. 

The Bible is not for you.  If you wan to be gay be gay.  Don't worry about the Bible because it is not going to change for you.

@Chosen Daughter well said!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

Except he speaks the truth and you're too stubborn to accept it.    Those words that you use to condemn and slander good people aren't those of God,  but of a man speaking his opinion in the culture of his times.   

Gay and straight are merely labels applied by those too lazy or, in your case, malevolent to address folks as individuals.    The gay couple who remain faithful and true to each other are condemned by you as morally degenerate,  no differently than those who prowl the bathhouses in search of multiple partners.    And you don't say much at all about the Christians (and others) who commit adultery and divorce the spouses for whom they took an oath before God.

My neighbors are honest, faithful and honorable.   I'll continue to defend them against the likes of you. 

I once knew a pedophile preacher who justified himself in much the same way that you portray.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

I don't disagree with much of this, and am fine with the concept of "live and let live" when it comes to people being gay.  But I think you're sidestepping a core component of the "gay agenda" that goes beyond just wanting to be left alone.

The truth is that a lot of gays want to use the power of the government to force other people to openly acknowledge that their relationships are no difference than heterosexual relationships.  They believe they have the right to compel not just tolerance, but acceptance.  It popped up a lot in the gay marriage debate, where some states offered "civil unions", and many gays opposed that.  Why?  Those unions offered the exact same legal rights.  The issue was they wanted everyone else to agree with them regarding morality/normalcy (or whatever you want to call it), and for me, that goes too far.

I opposed gay marriage, and it had absolutely zero to do with religious belief.  I'm no more "accepting" or "understanding" of gay relationships/behavior than I am of someone who fornicates with chickens -- I just think it is gross as hell.  Now, I think people have the right to be gross.  Just because I think something is rather disgusting does not mean I think nobody should be permitted to do it if that's what floats their boat.  And honestly, I don't even judge them morally at all.  But that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to think it is weird/deviant/gross.

And unfortunately, that's what this has morphed into.  Many gays apparently believing that they have the right to force other people to change their moral views and behaviors to recognize them as they wished to be recognized.  No longer arguing "just leave us alone" but "you have acknowledge that what we do is no different from what you do."  And that's just a bridge too far for me.

Thanks for your response, Major Bill.   I understand your perspective, because it used to be my own.   For many years,  I supported civil unions as conveying similar rights to civil marriage, and viewed them as an acceptable accommodation with traditionalists.    I changed my mind, if I recall, when I read the California Supreme Court decision that affirmed the right of gays to marry.  Civil marriage isn't just a bundle of legal rights, protections and obligations;  it has a value in the larger community as a status worthy of respect.   That is, of course, the linchpin of your objection to it -  you claim that gays want to "force" others to recognize and respect their relationships.   

Well, what's wrong with that?  Don't we all seek respect and acceptance,  especially when what we seek is objectively virtuous -  to live permanently and monogamously with the person we love?   I was forced to conclude that civil union status was as repugnant as black and white drinking fountains in the Jim Crow south - separate but equal doesn't cut it.   

I understand that you feel differently -  some traditionalists are uncomfortable that government "blesses" gay unions with the imprimatur of the word "marriage".    Some traditionalists are like that - they want government to conform to their view of the world, and are loathe to accept cultural change.   But traditionalists have the same rights as everyone else, no more and no less.   Choose your friends, choose your associates, choose your lifestyle and live with the consequences of your actions. 

Nowadays,  gays want the same respect that Christians want.  That's not hard to understand, just as it's not hard to understand why others may find homosexual relationships "gross".   I haven't a clue any more than you do what prompts a guy to dig another guy.  I don't understand why folks like rap or sushi either.   But my attitude is simply this - whether gays (or anyone else) earn my respect is a function of how they conduct their lives.   I respect my gay neighbors who've been with each other for over 20 years (and who were just able to marry last year),  far more than my Christian neighbor who's now on his third marriage.   Just as I respect my Christian neighbor who spends her free time counseling pregnant teens to do the right thing far more than my gay colleague who spends his free time meeting up at bars.   

What I oppose is government taking sides and calling my union a marriage and my neighbors' union something else.  Separate but equal isn't equal; it is an official acknowledgement that my neighbors' relationship is less worthy of respect and acceptance than mine.   But rest assured, no one's "forcing" such acceptance -  as it has been seen the time of Jesus,  respect must be earned.     
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:30:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I once knew a pedophile preacher who justified himself in much the same way that you portray.

@roamer_1

People doing things they know are wrong always find a way to justify it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Hoodat

For many years,  I supported civil unions as conveying similar rights to civil marriage, and viewed them as an acceptable accommodation with traditionalists.    I changed my mind, if I recall, when I read the California Supreme Court decision that affirmed the right of gays to marry. 

This would be the point at which you abandoned the Constitution in favor of judicial tyranny.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This would be the point at which you abandoned the Constitution in favor of judicial tyranny.

Top down societal management is the epitome of progressivism.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
For many years,  I supported civil unions as conveying similar rights to civil marriage, and viewed them as an acceptable accommodation with traditionalists.    I changed my mind, if I recall, when I read the California Supreme Court decision that affirmed the right of gays to marry. 

That would be the case where the decision of the people of California was discarded in favor of judicial fiat.  A case IIRC that was presided over by a closeted gay judge who should have recused himself from the case because of a conflict of interest...who ruled against Prop 8 then promptly cam out and retired at the same time.

So once again we have an instance where Jazzy thinks edicts handed down by justices that over rule the majority of the people in a state is perfectly fine.

Right now the only two instances where he doesn't want judicial interference involves any re-look at Roe or anything that might rule the ACA unconstitutional.

Otherwise men and women in black robes are perfectly ok to overturn the will of the people as long as it supports the Liberal agenda.

Offline musiclady

Excellent post.  Thank you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

If he engaged in Homosexuality,  it would make of him a lawbreaker and a hypocrite.    It would not even be possible for someone in that culture to carry a religious message if they were known to be a homosexual.   To say it is meaningless is merely an indication that you do not very well grasp the religious significance of what such a thing would represent.

For the damage it would have caused to his message,   he might as well have been a cripple or a leper.   No one would have listened to him.   

From my perspective,   your thinking is incredibly weird.   Weird in such a way I cannot grasp it.   Suffice it to say I think it would make a huge difference.   There is only one natural and accepted sexual practice in that culture,  and it is heterosexual monogamy.    He could not deliver any sort of message at all if he could not live up to the normal religious expectations of the populace to whom he preached.   

The most accurate study so far places the number of male homosexuals at 2% of the overall population.   

In my opinion they are a subset of the mentally ill component of the nation,   and indeed that is the way both the Medical and the legal system used to regard them. 

Your "wise man"  appears to have been a made up fictional character that someone wrote in a book called " The Killer Angels" and he appears to be fictional character  "Lawrence Chamberlain, commander of the 20th Maine".   

Here is a quote from another wise man in a book.  I'll leave it up to you to decide whether he is real or not.  He seems to be judging people as a group.

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?

Minor correction - Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (written about in "Killer Angels") is very much a real person with a fascinating life.

In that conversation, it is the Irish soldier, Buster who uses the 'peawit' line, and he most likely is fictional...... (don't know for sure).

Do some research on Chamberlain.  He's a fascinating man, an educator and professor of rhetoric at Bowdoin College in Maine who became a courageous and very smart General and key player in the victory of the North at Gettysburg.  He was wounded six times during the War and died of his wounds in his 80's in the 20th century.

At any rate, he's not fictional, and that's not his line, but your other points are valid.   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.