Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48711 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So false.   Encouraging gay marriage encourages responsibility and monogamy.   And for those who do get sick - and there but for the grace of God go you, Smokin' Joe -  having a loyal partner is likely the single biggest factor for saving taxpayers the cost of long-term care.
Oh, come on. The divorces are already happening. You weigh thousands of years against only a few? Besides if the only reason to get "married" is to have access to the 'partner's' insurance as a dependent, what is the use of fidelity?

And that still doesn't address the HIV+ needle junkies the States Medicaid programs didn't want to pony up for.

The whole system holds the medical care of those who live cleanly hostage to extract payment for those who don't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So false.   Encouraging gay marriage encourages responsibility and monogamy. 

I really don't care about any of that.  The institution developed historically because of a need to deal legally with the issue of children born of that union.  That's why the government got involved in the first place.  It was essential for rights of inheritance, obligation to support, etc..  Protecting/endorsing those unions for those reasons makes sense.  Extending it to relationships where that possibility does not exist doesn't make sense.

Offline Suppressed

I really don't care about any of that.  The institution developed historically because of a need to deal legally with the issue of children born of that union.  That's why the government got involved in the first place.  It was essential for rights of inheritance, obligation to support, etc..  Protecting/endorsing those unions for those reasons makes sense.  Extending it to relationships where that possibility does not exist doesn't make sense.

Many homosexual pairings have children, either adopted or via a previous heterosexual partnership.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Many homosexual pairings have children, either adopted or via a previous heterosexual partnership.

Sure, but both of those come with legal rights already attached, via either birth or adoption.  For example, if someone gay has a child from a previous marriage, their parental rights will not be changed even if they start a homosexual relationship with someone else.

The issue with male and female unions is that they produce children naturally, and therefore a mechanism to establish those rights/obligation is necessary.

Offline Suppressed

Sure, but both of those come with legal rights already attached, via either birth or adoption.  For example, if someone gay has a child from a previous marriage, their parental rights will not be changed even if they start a homosexual relationship with someone else.

The issue with male and female unions is that they produce children naturally, and therefore a mechanism to establish those rights/obligation is necessary.

Without the marriage, a stepparent can't make those medical decisions, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

Without the marriage, a stepparent can't make those medical decisions, etc.
With a document called 'medical power of attorney', they can indeed make those medical decisions. They do not have to be related in any way.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
With a document called 'medical power of attorney', they can indeed make those medical decisions. They do not have to be related in any way.

True.... but this still ranks about 109 on my list of things I worry about.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

True.... but this still ranks about 109 on my list of things I worry about.
109? Well, at least you have plenty of things to keep you busy.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
109? Well, at least you have plenty of things to keep you busy.

I am not convinced that gay marriage approval poses any threat to religion or our society.

For one thing, it is miniscule in percentage of the population.

For another thing, the fight for it was symbolic more than real as not that many gay couples take advantage of it because marriage imposes obligations as well as rights.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am not convinced that gay marriage approval poses any threat to religion or our society.

For one thing, it is miniscule in percentage of the population.

It is huge in it's ramifications for Christianity based society and Western civilization,  but those consequences are in the future so most people don't notice them today.

For another thing, the fight for it was symbolic more than real as not that many gay couples take advantage of it because marriage imposes obligations as well as rights.

The vast majority of homosexuals have not the slightest interest in monogamy or marriage.   I try to get people to look at their culture from their perspective,   but it is difficult for normal people to grasp.   

Imagine that you were a young boy surrounded by young attractive girls that just wanted to have sex with you.    That is life in the "gay"  community,  except the girls are boys,  and have a very strong male sex drive.   In San Francisco's "bath" houses,  homosexuals would have 10 sexual partners on an average visit.   

In homosexual circles,  having a thousand sex partners is not unusual.   It is in fact,  part of the lifestyle.   

So yeah,  "Gay Marriage"   was a symbolic victory,  and nothing else.   It was an effort to force normal people to accept something perverted,  whether they liked it or not. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
10 partners per visit? I call hax. No one has that short a refactory period.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It is huge in it's ramifications for Christianity based society and Western civilization,  but those consequences are in the future so most people don't notice them today.

The vast majority of homosexuals have not the slightest interest in monogamy or marriage.   I try to get people to look at their culture from their perspective,   but it is difficult for normal people to grasp.   

Imagine that you were a young boy surrounded by young attractive girls that just wanted to have sex with you.    That is life in the "gay"  community,  except the girls are boys,  and have a very strong male sex drive.   In San Francisco's "bath" houses,  homosexuals would have 10 sexual partners on an average visit.   

In homosexual circles,  having a thousand sex partners is not unusual.   It is in fact,  part of the lifestyle.   

So yeah,  "Gay Marriage"   was a symbolic victory,  and nothing else.   It was an effort to force normal people to accept something perverted,  whether they liked it or not.

@DiogenesLamp well said. Couldn't agree more.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

10 partners per visit? I call hax. No one has that short a refactory period.

You do know that many of them are "Catchers"  as well as "Pitchers."   They don't have to recover from anything while they are "catching."   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

You do know that many of them are "Catchers"  as well as "Pitchers."   They don't have to recover from anything while they are "catching."   

Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math. Catcher or pitcher...who knows.

Probably the most stereotyped essay of ignorance I've ever read as regards the "homosexual lifestyle". What would you define as the "heterosexual lifestyle"? The truth is, your statistics are made up...and your grouping of all homosexuals into a singular "lifestyle" is ludicrous. Comical even, if it weren't so dangerous in the way it dehumanizes a whole class of people. Gays make up a very small percentage of people in general, so the fact those among them who ARE monogamous choose to sanctify their union on a permanent bases hardly impacts other married persons or society. In fact, given your absurd assertion that they all have thousands of lovers...I'd think you'd favor a method for imposing monogamy on such terrible "fornicators".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:57:53 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Oceander

With all due respect, I rather doubt you have much knowledge about living in the '"gay" community' because your descriptions match only a small minority of that community.

Oceander

Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math. Catcher or pitcher...who knows.

Probably the most stereotyped essay of ignorance I've ever read as regards the "homosexual lifestyle". What would you define as the "heterosexual lifestyle"? The truth is, your statistics are made up...and your grouping of all homosexuals into a singular "lifestyle" is ludicrous. Comical even, if it weren't so dangerous in the way it dehumanizes a whole class of people. Gays make up a very small percentage of people in general, so the fact those among them who ARE monogamous choose to sanctify their union on a permanent bases hardly impacts other married persons or society. In fact, given your absurd assertion that they all have thousands of lovers...I'd think you'd favor a method for imposing monogamy on such terrible "fornicators".

@Mesaclone

Good points.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math.

***ambulance  You're sick.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math.

***ambulance  You're sick.

My 3 point jump shot is sick, as for my health its just fine.  Interestingly, the Pharisees loved to call Jesus a blasphemer and sacrilegious...so I'm in good company.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mesaclone I don't find it amusing at all!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Neither does a Holy, Righteous, and Just God.......    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

What is really sad is that there are gay clergy who would try to make Jesus gay too.  Because that is the agenda to make the Bible irrelevant to our social society.

**nononono*
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:19:10 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Nothing to marvel.  The Sadducees declared Jesus to be filled with a demon, so it is no surprise those who believe in other 'gospels' would insinuate Jesus was a practicing homosexual to try and get everyone to swallow the righteousness and virtue of homosexuality as being approved of Heaven.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

Actually, a holy, righteous and just god would find it hilarious. A loving, rational, and understanding god doesn't judge, doesn't punish, and doesn't condemn anyone for sacrilege. He just loves...and I imagine...laughs at the delusions of grandeur all too common amongst his creation.

On the other hand...a human constructed, fear based, tyrannical and petty god would be terribly offended. So in that, you're right, music.

Offline Mesaclone

Nothing to marvel.  The Sadducees declared Jesus to be filled with a demon, so it is no surprise those who believe in other 'gospels' would insinuate Jesus was a practicing homosexual to try and get everyone to swallow the righteousness and virtue of homosexuality as being approved of Heaven.

The irony here is that you can't see the reality...you ARE the Sadducee. Condemning your fellow man and obstructing them from finding their own paths to a loving deity...that's pretty much the definition.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The irony here is that you can't see the reality...you ARE the Sadducee. Condemning your fellow man and obstructing them from finding their own paths to a loving deity...that's pretty much the definition.

The reality is you are promoting an evil and a sin that God Himself declares an abomination and ascribe virtue and love to something His Word Condemns.

But since you have no use for His Word in favor of your own imagination that creates god into your own image and likeness - it is to be expected that hedonists would celebrate hedonism in the golden calf you made that you worship and claim to be god.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775