Author Topic: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2017, 09:27:42 pm »
Troll alert
Yep. Some things you just can't fix, no matter how hard you try.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Now That She’s ‘Presidential,’ Nikki Haley Better Watch Her Back
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2017, 09:40:29 pm »
Don't forget the lynchings, don't forget Jim Crow, don't forget anything.
I haven't forgotten.

Washington DC had separate water fountains for colored and white, so don't lay Jim Crow on the South. There were stag bars with 'high sides' for whites and 'low sides' for colored.

Right there in the Nation's Capital, the same Nation you so sanctimoniously proclaim fought to free the slaves.

I bet it wasn't much different further north where the 'high yellow' and the Wesorts went to try and 'pass'. So don't get so high and mighty, there.

Our schools were integrated by Federal Order when I was in the sixth grade. It didn't matter to me, 'cause I knew most of those kids anyway. We played together. The year I graduated High School, they were burning buses in Boston so their children didn't have to go to school with 'those people'. One thing I can't stand is a sanctimonious hypocrite, and I have seen plenty of those, mostly north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis