Author Topic: BREAKING......US has launched dozens of tomahawks on Syria  (Read 44876 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: BREAKING......US has launched dozens of tomahawks on Syria
« Reply #700 on: April 08, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »
I have seen that has been questioned.  Needs investigation as to what actually happened.

Another observation that I have is how liberals are embracing Trumps actions.  Hillary is spouting same stuff.  McLame is heaping praise.  Brian Williams.................Regime change was part of the Arab Spring.

Assad is controlled by Iran and Russia. Regime change just means Iran and Russia pick the next leader.

I'd love to hear how Iran and Russia will be removed from the equation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:50:53 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #701 on: April 08, 2017, 04:04:20 pm »
Assad is controlled by Iran and Russia. Regime change just means Iran and Russia pick the next leader.

I'd love to hear how Iran and Russia will be removed from the equation.

Well, Russia can't be removed.  Don't know about Iran -- Assad was their guy.  The Russian preference would probably be a solution that doesn't include them.

I keep wondering if there's any sort of house-cleaning that could create an official Syrian government that does not include Assad and his henchmen. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #702 on: April 08, 2017, 04:47:58 pm »
Obama staked his entire legacy on ridding the world of Assad.

Benghazi was about Assad.  Chemical weapons transfers were about Assad.

It's why I don't get giving Obama and the Muslims another piece for their Caliphate goal.

Is the plan to get Tehran to be responsible for the Islamic Republic in the Middle East, and THEN slapping crap out of them?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #703 on: April 08, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »
Well, Russia can't be removed.  Don't know about Iran -- Assad was their guy.  The Russian preference would probably be a solution that doesn't include them.

I keep wondering if there's any sort of house-cleaning that could create an official Syrian government that does not include Assad and his henchmen.
I'm sure there is, but keep in mind that in that region there are competing interests all run by local badasses. Assad is not a nice fellow, but is what it takes to run a country made up of those elements who will never sit down peacefully to hammer out differences unless told to do so by someone who will thrash them into compliance.

A replacement, in order to be effective would have to fill the role Assad does now, which means someone quite similar in their actions. At least Assad doesn't sanction hunting down and murdering Christians, but is more secular in his administration of the country.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #704 on: April 08, 2017, 04:52:01 pm »
Obama staked his entire legacy on ridding the world of Assad.

Benghazi was about Assad.  Chemical weapons transfers were about Assad.

It's why I don't get giving Obama and the Muslims another piece for their Caliphate goal.

Is the plan to get Tehran to be responsible for the Islamic Republic in the Middle East, and THEN slapping crap out of them?

Properly dealing with Assad in Syria is but step one in the process of dealing with Iran IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #705 on: April 08, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »
Properly dealing with Assad in Syria is but step one in the process of dealing with Iran IMHO.

That's not going to stop Islamic terrorism.

Do they really think the Middle East will become docile with a central seat of power in Tehran?  Imagine how ruthless they would have to be to get compliance from the different sects and tribes?

So, if they end up bitch-slapping the Ayatollah with a laser-weapon attack, the end result would be the same as we've recently witnessed in Libya and almost Egypt.

Brutal dictators serve their purpose.  They're radical Muslim Whisperers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #706 on: April 08, 2017, 05:45:39 pm »
Important info if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,257562.0.html

This is one of those things that I had hoped of which our military people would have been fully aware. 

I would have gone to great lengths to insure we weren't being played for fools had I been over there advising them.    This thing smells just on the claim of it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #707 on: April 08, 2017, 06:00:48 pm »

Brutal dictators serve their purpose.  They're radical Muslim Whisperers.

The problem with the Shah of Iran was not that he was a brutal dictator.   The problem with the Shah was that he wasn't nearly brutal enough.   

Idiot  Jimmy Carter helped to throw out a relatively rational,  reasonable man without realizing he would be replaced by a frothing mad religious nut-job fanatic with no concern at all about "human rights."   

I have come to realize that it is Islamic culture that makes it impossible for them to be ruled in any manner other than brutally.    So long as those peoples embrace their current religion,   a brutal hand will always be necessary to keep them under control.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #708 on: April 08, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »

The problem with the Shah of Iran was not that he was a brutal dictator.   The problem with the Shah was that he wasn't nearly brutal enough.   

Idiot  Jimmy Carter helped to throw out a relatively rational,  reasonable man without realizing he would be replaced by a frothing mad religious nut-job fanatic with no concern at all about "human rights."   

I have come to realize that it is Islamic culture that makes it impossible for them to be ruled in any manner other than brutally.    So long as those peoples embrace their current religion,   a brutal hand will always be necessary to keep them under control.   

:amen:  And the region will never be stable again until that monumental error is corrected!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #709 on: April 08, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »

When you have a population that needs to controlled in that manner ANY response to them by us that falls short of that same brutality is a complete waste of time, money, and resources. Go big or stay home.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #710 on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:44 pm »

I'm not all that keen on replacing him anyway.  Not our circus, not our monkeys.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #711 on: April 08, 2017, 07:22:22 pm »
I'm not all that keen on replacing him anyway.  Not our circus, not our monkeys.

Set up refugee camps in other Arab countries. They aren't doing anything. But if you want to really help things along arm everyone in Syria. Tell me after 4 years of war they can't put things in order themselves. If they aren't willing to do it, why should WE do anything?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #712 on: April 08, 2017, 07:26:21 pm »

Agreed.  We seem to be in the minority.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #713 on: April 08, 2017, 07:37:44 pm »

I don't care if we are.   :tongue2:  It's always been you and me anyway, @Sanguine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #714 on: April 08, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #715 on: April 08, 2017, 07:58:13 pm »
oops

'Syrian Observatory' is a rebel anti-Assad group, not an unbiased group.

You have to land before you can take off.

geronl

« Reply #716 on: April 08, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

Russia doesn't care about Assad, they care about their own prestige.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #717 on: April 08, 2017, 08:30:23 pm »
Russia doesn't care about Assad, they care about their own prestige.

That's what I think, too.  Once Assad becomes too great a liability they'll not be sorry if he's gone. 

Which still leaves the question: if Assad and his henchmen are gone, can the Russians (or anybody else) prop up a Syrian government that can be even moderately effective?

Silver Pines

« Reply #718 on: April 08, 2017, 08:45:47 pm »
Here's a quick rundown of most common US missiles, with the very basics and links to learn more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_missiles_of_the_United_States_military

I find it interesting, YMMV.

Thank you, @Smokin Joe.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #719 on: April 08, 2017, 08:51:52 pm »
When you have a population that needs to controlled in that manner ANY response to them by us that falls short of that same brutality is a complete waste of time, money, and resources. Go big or stay home.

I have lost faith in Muslims to be able to live in any kind of democracy.  I think it is a mistake to try to nation build in that country.

We don't need to expend American resources and people on that mistake.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #720 on: April 08, 2017, 09:32:42 pm »
Not our circus, not our monkeys.

There's the truth of it all, in a nutshell.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #721 on: April 08, 2017, 11:39:12 pm »
For those of you who are interested in some evidence of a False Flag operation ...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,257692.0.html

Going to be interesting how the facts play out...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:39:30 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #722 on: April 09, 2017, 12:49:18 am »

I'm with you.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #723 on: April 09, 2017, 01:05:54 am »
Unconfirmed reports on twitter of an armored American column rolling into Syria from Jordan.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #724 on: April 09, 2017, 01:11:53 am »
From what I have read Assad has the upper hand in the fight. And what started out as a more "legitimate" revolution is now more towards extremist jihadist groups fighting to control smuggling and other criminal enterprises. For Assad, at this point, to resort to chemical weapons is ridiculous, IMO, and more likely the fault, plan, or action of the jihadists.

What I want to know is will Trump deal harshly with these extremist groups if they resort to more use of chemical or biological weapons? It should be a two way street.