Author Topic: Trump calls Bill O’Reilly a ‘good person’ amid harassment revelations  (Read 2210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump calls Bill O’Reilly a ‘good person’ amid harassment revelations

By Louis Nelson

04/05/17 01:18 PM EDT

President Donald Trump called Bill O’Reilly a “good person” who did nothing wrong in an interview Wednesday with The New York Times, jumping to the defense of one of his most vocal media supporters despite revelations that the Fox News host has settled five lawsuits accusing him of harassment.

Trump said O’Reilly should not have settled the lawsuits against him, details of which were published last weekend by the Times.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-bill-oreilly-no-wrongdoing-236919
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

Just remember that Trump and his surrogates spent much of the campaign defending sexual harassment and blaming the victims for not being tough enough to handle it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump calls Bill O’Reilly a ‘good person’ amid harassment revelations

By Louis Nelson

04/05/17 01:18 PM EDT

President Donald Trump called Bill O’Reilly a “good person” who did nothing wrong in an interview Wednesday with The New York Times, jumping to the defense of one of his most vocal media supporters despite revelations that the Fox News host has settled five lawsuits accusing him of harassment.

Trump said O’Reilly should not have settled the lawsuits against him, details of which were published last weekend by the Times.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-bill-oreilly-no-wrongdoing-236919

Trump really should have stayed out of this one.  Really !!!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump really should have stayed out of this one.  Really !!!

The NY Times asked him a question. He answered it. I don't think his answer is that remarkable. Ted Baxter says he is innocent and Donny believes him and thinks he should have fought. So what?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Chasing rabbits.
The Left, they really know their game.

The thing about wrestling with a pig is, you're both going to get covered with shit, but only the pig is going to enjoy it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:34:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One serial sexual harasser defending another one.

No shock there.

BOR is up to 20 sponsors that have dropped him.  Wonder how much more revenue Fox can stand to lose before they finally pull the plug on this egotistical pompous windbag?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

He’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” Trump told a pair of Times reporters in an Oval Office interview. “I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally, I think he shouldn’t have settled… Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong

I agree with @Emjay He should have stepped away from this question, brings up to many uncomfortable similarities, but we also know from experience "taken it all the way", means SETTLE! in the DJT world.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline JannTosh

Good. Innocent until proven guilty. The left though likes to ruin people's lives just on accusation s

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Good. Innocent until proven guilty. The left though likes to ruin people's lives just on accusation s

Except that Blowhard Bill isn't innocent. These women aren't the first time his little head have gotten him in trouble while he's been at FNC.

And if you settle with someone suing you...its a pretty good indication you're guilty but you don't want what you did aired in a public court room.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Chasing rabbits.
The Left, they really know their game.

The thing about wrestling with a pig is, you're both going to get covered with shit, but only the pig is going to enjoy it.

You are right, but the question is, why is the President jumping in that pig sty? There is no reason for him to get involved or even comment on this. It certainly does him no good.

Offline Applewood

Don't particularly like O'Reilly, but all these harassment claims and lawsuits against famous people make me wonder if there is some sort of extortion racket going along. I really think most of these allegations are phony. 

I always worked for some rough and tumble characters.  They said and did a lot of things that today would get them into trouble with the "feminazis."  I was raised in a household where you wouldn't survive if you were so sensitive.  Learned to throw the wisecracks back at the perpetrators and just go with the flow.  These days, if a guy just looks at a woman sideways, she gets all shocked and distressed.  Then the lawsuits start.  To These women, I say, "GROW UP!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't particularly like O'Reilly, but all these harassment claims and lawsuits against famous people make me wonder if there is some sort of extortion racket going along. I really think most of these allegations are phony. 

I always worked for some rough and tumble characters.  They said and did a lot of things that today would get them into trouble with the "feminazis."  I was raised in a household where you wouldn't survive if you were so sensitive.  Learned to throw the wisecracks back at the perpetrators and just go with the flow.  These days, if a guy just looks at a woman sideways, she gets all shocked and distressed.  Then the lawsuits start.  To These women, I say, "GROW UP!"

The problem is this isn't the first time for women to come forward against Blowhard Bill.

He's had to settle cases like this before back in 2004 when he was sexually harassing a female FNC employee.

He lost custody of his kids because he choked his wife and said nasty things about his now ex to his daughter.

The case against BOR isn't new or surprising...except for the fact that Fox continues to cover for his bad behavior.

Offline Victoria33

One serial sexual harasser defending another one.
No shock there.  BOR is up to 20 sponsors that have dropped him.  Wonder how much more revenue Fox can stand to lose before they finally pull the plug on this egotistical pompous windbag?
@txradioguy

The number is now 30+ sponsors who withdrew their ads from BOR.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

The number is now 30+ sponsors who withdrew their ads from BOR.

That's some serious lost ad revenue right there.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You are right, but the question is, why is the President jumping in that pig sty? There is no reason for him to get involved or even comment on this. It certainly does him no good.
There is no answer. Nobody knows why he does what he does. I don't know? I do not believe that he is an idiot. But, sometimes, he makes me wonder.

He is either a genius, or he is an idiot. I am not sure which way the verdict is going to fall.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:41:10 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The NY Times asked him a question. He answered it. I don't think his answer is that remarkable. Ted Baxter says he is innocent and Donny believes him and thinks he should have fought. So what?

I guess 'no comment' is not in Trump's wheelhouse.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's some serious lost ad revenue right there.

Money talks and that is some serious revenue.  I might feel different if I liked the pompous blowhard but I can't stand him.  I usually tape Tucker Carlson and always have to endure a few minutes of Bill before it starts.  When I see the line "Mr. O'Reilly's wardrobe by ???" I want to throw up.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Money talks and that is some serious revenue.  I might feel different if I liked the pompous blowhard but I can't stand him.  I usually tape Tucker Carlson and always have to endure a few minutes of Bill before it starts.  When I see the line "Mr. O'Reilly's wardrobe by ???" I want to throw up.

The two things that happened that made me realize what a fraud he is are when he screwed over that mother fighting to get her daughters back from her Saudi ex husband...Bill and his producer could have walked out of the hotel room in London with them and he didn't do it.

Second thing was when I caught his radio show and he was defending and practically endorsing John Effin Kerry  during the 2004 election.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Bill O'Reilly and sexual harassment?  News to me.  I am quite surprised actually as it certainly doesn't seem to fit his character or his personality.  My first inclination before reading some of the posts in here was that this was typical  MSM trying to take down a conservative talk show host.  I thought he ranked #1 in cable news?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

Bill O'Reilly and sexual harassment?  News to me.  I am quite surprised actually as it certainly doesn't seem to fit his character or his personality.

This is nothing new for BOR, actually.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Guess they are both part of the bad dogs club.  The its a mans right to do as he pleases club.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

I guess 'no comment' is not in Trump's wheelhouse.

Have you ever known him to shut up? He's worse than a woman's mahjong tournament with all his chatter.

Silver Pines

@JannTosh

In a court of law, yes, but the public is free to speculate that he's guilty as sin. 

Silver Pines

@AbaraXas

Trump has a big mouth and no self control.