Author Topic: Trump calls Bill O’Reilly a ‘good person’ amid harassment revelations  (Read 2211 times)

Silver Pines

Bill O'Reilly and sexual harassment?  News to me.  I am quite surprised actually as it certainly doesn't seem to fit his character or his personality.  My first inclination before reading some of the posts in here was that this was typical  MSM trying to take down a conservative talk show host.  I thought he ranked #1 in cable news?

@libertybele

This is part of a longstanding pattern with O'Reilly.  He's an arrogant ass who thinks he can wield his power to force women to sleep with him. 

In a 60 Minutes interview, he admitted to being pro- gun control, pro- gay adoption, and very concerned about man made global warming.  As a conservative I don't consider him to be on my side .

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

This is part of a longstanding pattern with O'Reilly.  He's an arrogant ass who thinks he can wield his power to force women to sleep with him. 

In a 60 Minutes interview, he admitted to being pro- gun control, pro- gay adoption, and very concerned about man made global warming.  As a conservative I don't consider him to be on my side .

I don't watch a whole lot of TV. The TV I do watch is usually late night or cable news.  I must admit, if what is being said about him is true, he certainly had me fooled.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I think most people saw him as a blowhard. He was never a big conservative. He was more of a showman.
But sexual harassment is hard to pin down. You have to ask "Would this be on CNN if Bill Clinton had done it?".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Night Hides Not

@txradioguy

The number is now 30+ sponsors who withdrew their ads from BOR.

Now up to nearly 50.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

@AbaraXas

Trump has a big mouth and no self control.

Add the fact that he has the nuclear football, and that doesn't bode well for the future.

I was hoping that Trump would be a bit more circumspect and thoughtful once he took office. I should have known better...70 YO men aren't prone to change their ways. I should know, I'm only 7 years away from that.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

I don't watch a whole lot of TV. The TV I do watch is usually late night or cable news.  I must admit, if what is being said about him is true, he certainly had me fooled.

@libertybele

I haven't watched his show in years.  The Smoking Gun has the documents related to his earlier sexual harassment suit; they explain why "loofah" and Bill O'Reilly are a running joke.

He was also named by Andrea Tantaros in the Roger Ailes affair. She refused to settle and is suing Fox.  And Juliet Huddy brought a sexual harassment suit against O'Reilly around that time, as well.  According to her, his behavior was gross, including appearing at his door wearing his boxers (imagine the horror of that, lol).  When she refused his advances, he tried to ruin her.   That case was settled, too.

Silver Pines

Add the fact that he has the nuclear football, and that doesn't bode well for the future.

I was hoping that Trump would be a bit more circumspect and thoughtful once he took office. I should have known better...70 YO men aren't prone to change their ways. I should know, I'm only 7 years away from that.

@Night Hides Not

I agree with you.  If a person isn't settled in his/her ways by then, it would be rarity.

Silver Pines

Don't particularly like O'Reilly, but all these harassment claims and lawsuits against famous people make me wonder if there is some sort of extortion racket going along. I really think most of these allegations are phony. 

I always worked for some rough and tumble characters.  They said and did a lot of things that today would get them into trouble with the "feminazis."  I was raised in a household where you wouldn't survive if you were so sensitive.  Learned to throw the wisecracks back at the perpetrators and just go with the flow.  These days, if a guy just looks at a woman sideways, she gets all shocked and distressed.  Then the lawsuits start.  To These women, I say, "GROW UP!"

@Applewood

That's true in a lot of cases these days.  But in a lot of others, it isn't.  Sexual harassment is a real thing, and I can say that as a woman who isn't a feminist.  I've never minded compliments from men; guys will be guys, after all.  But I can tell you there's a difference between a harmless remark and being pushed into a corner by a man, in an empty room with the door locked, and held there with his body, which is what happened to me.  And there should be zero tolerance for that kind of crap.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
@Applewood

That's true in a lot of cases these days.  But in a lot of others, it isn't.  Sexual harassment is a real thing, and I can say that as a woman who isn't a feminist.  I've never minded compliments from men; guys will be guys, after all.  But I can tell you there's a difference between a harmless remark and being pushed into a corner by a man, in an empty room with the door locked, and held there with his body, which is what happened to me.  And there should be zero tolerance for that kind of crap.

What a creep! And yet, in spite of that unacceptable behavior on the part of that perv, there will still be those who will tell you to grow up, @CatherineofAragon. There are many who simply will not admit that this kind of behavior exists. Note that this story is about two men who wield a lot of power who feel entitled to behave in such a way. Remember, we even heard our sterling now-Commander-in-Chief brag about being able to grab women by their private parts because of his celebrity. Of course, he's going to take a stand for O'Reilly without really knowing all the facts. Birds of a feather...

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.