Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Nunes: Intel community surveiled Trump transition officials  (Read 19121 times)

Offline r9etb

Bullshit. Russia isn't on the terrorist watch list. As a matter of fact either is Israel, Britain or some US states where Obama and his goons were randomly spying on Americans just for shits and giggles. All this is fine with you though because after all you hate Trump and your irrational rage shouldn't be tethered by constitutional rights or not having the Federal Govt' spying on Americans for no GD good reason.

Just to remind you: in the OP, Nunes said flat-out that the information in question had nothing to do with Russia or the Russia/campaign investigation.  "I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

It's a shame to waste such excellent hyperbole on a mistaken assumption, Frank.  Perhaps you should check your facts or read the story before you spin yourself into an early grave.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:24:26 pm by r9etb »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bullshit. Russia isn't on the terrorist watch list. As a matter of fact either is Israel, Britain or some US states where Obama and his goons were randomly spying on Americans just for shits and giggles. All this is fine with you though because after all you hate Trump and your irrational rage shouldn't be tethered by constitutional rights or not having the Federal Govt' spying on Americans for no GD good reason.

Thank you @Frank Cannon.   :thumbsup2:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325298-schiff-i-have-grave-concerns-over-nunes-surveillance-claims
Schiff: I have 'grave concerns' over Nunes' surveillance claims
By Nikita Vladimirov - 03/22/17 05:08 PM EDT

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday he has "grave concerns" over Chairman Devin Nunes' (R-Calif.) handling of the Trump Tower wiretapping investigation.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) criticized Nunes for his surprise announcement earlier in the day that he had seen intelligence intercepts that showed authorities had incidentally gather information on members of the Trump transition team during investigations that the chairman said were not related to Russia.

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Intel Dem: GOP chairman's revelations 'trumped up'

By Max Greenwood - 03/22/17 05:15 PM EDT

A Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday pushed back on revelations from the panel's Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), saying his claims of incidental U.S. surveillance of members of President Trump's transition team were "trumped up."

"If, in fact, this took place, it was incidental and it was done through what is legally allowed by the CIA when they are surveilling foreign persons," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said during an appearance on MSNBC.

"This could be a lot of theater – it looks very trumped up to me – but we'll have to wait and see," she added.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/325295-house-intel-dem-nunes-surveillance-revelations-seem-trumped-up
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline SirLinksALot

Well, this whole "wiretapping" ( I'm talking generic sense ) thing is getting to be a PARTISAN thing.

The Dems want this to look like a legitimate operation against foreign influence.

The Republicans ( those who support Trump at least ) want to make it look like HE was deliberately targeted in order to form the "Trump Colluded with Russia to win the elections" narrative.

Nunes and Schiff are simply participants in this struggle.

Offline Frank Cannon

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325298-schiff-i-have-grave-concerns-over-nunes-surveillance-claims
Schiff: I have 'grave concerns' over Nunes' surveillance claims
By Nikita Vladimirov - 03/22/17 05:08 PM EDT

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday he has "grave concerns" over Chairman Devin Nunes' (R-Calif.) handling of the Trump Tower wiretapping investigation.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) criticized Nunes for his surprise announcement earlier in the day that he had seen intelligence intercepts that showed authorities had incidentally gather information on members of the Trump transition team during investigations that the chairman said were not related to Russia.

more at link

Quite frankly Adam Schiff could get run over by a bus and I would laugh. He is a proven liar, is a sycophantic Obama apologist and an all around worthless sack of shit.....

“Doesn’t the incoming Trump press secretary [Sean Spicer] have a point here on the response by the Obama Administration?” Karl asked. “We did have that hack by the Chinese — the OPM attack — this was 22 million federal employees affected.

“The Obama Administration did nothing that we know of publicly. Why did they do nothing about that huge hack done by China and this — just on the way out the door — make this big statement about the Russia hack?”

Schiff contends China’s hack was not sanctioned because “all nation’s gather foreign intelligence information,” so, ostensibly: Deal with it.

“You’re not going to prevent foreign nations from stealing data that they think is in their interest,” Schiff told Karl. “The best you can do is defend against it.”

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=61948
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:34:52 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline r9etb

The Republicans ( those who support Trump at least ) want to make it look like HE was deliberately targeted in order to form the "Trump Colluded with Russia to win the elections" narrative.

Nunes went out of his way to say that Trump was not deliberately targeted in the reports he's talking about here.

Offline skeeter

House Intel Dem: GOP chairman's revelations 'trumped up'

By Max Greenwood - 03/22/17 05:15 PM EDT

A Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday pushed back on revelations from the panel's Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), saying his claims of incidental U.S. surveillance of members of President Trump's transition team were "trumped up."

"If, in fact, this took place, it was incidental and it was done through what is legally allowed by the CIA when they are surveilling foreign persons," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said during an appearance on MSNBC.

"This could be a lot of theater – it looks very trumped up to me – but we'll have to wait and see," she added.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/325295-house-intel-dem-nunes-surveillance-revelations-seem-trumped-up

"Incidental" is the word of the day.

It was just 'incidental' that information was covertly collected on a private US citizen (who happened to be running for president) and distributed among intelligence agencies (per a brand new rule that allowed such a distribution), to be illegally leaked to the press, who 'incidentally' used the info to buttress a charge which 'incidentally' supported the core strategy against candidate mentioned above.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:37:15 pm by skeeter »

Offline r9etb

"Incidental" is the word of the day.

It was just a 'incidental' that information was covertly collected on a private US citizen (who happened to be running for president) and distributed among intelligence agencies (per a brand new rule that allowed such a distribution), to be illegally leaked to the press, who 'incidentally' used the info to buttress a charge which 'incidentally' supported the core strategy against candidate mentioned above.

"Incidental" has a particular meaning, as used in this context.  You're not using the word according to that meaning.

Offline skeeter

"Incidental" has a particular meaning, as used in this context.  You're not using the word according to that meaning.

Its called sarcasm.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I watched Schiff's short presser on Fox just now.....My sense is he is nervous, afraid of what has been found. Nunes has not shared the info with him or anyone on the committee and is now calling for a special prosecutor since the investigation on the committee is tainted now that Nunes took this info to the WH first.

They are scared...
Support the USO

Offline r9etb

Its called sarcasm.

Oh, is that what it was? 

It sure looked an awful lot like an attempt at a really lame excuse.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I watched Schiff's short presser on Fox just now.....My sense is he is nervous, afraid of what has been found. Nunes has not shared the info with him or anyone on the committee and is now calling for a special prosecutor since the investigation on the committee is tainted now that Nunes took this info to the WH first.

They are scared...

I got the sense @mystery-ak that Schiff has been withholding information ... and is surprised that Nunes has it.  He's probably afraid that Nunes has it all---and that cannot be good for the Democrats, especially those in the Obama Administration.

Offline skeeter

Oh, is that what it was? 

It sure looked an awful lot like an attempt at a really lame excuse.

It wasn't so much of an excuse as it is a summary of what the democrats want everyone to believe happened.

You buy it, I don't. We will see who ends up being right.

Offline Frank Cannon

Its called sarcasm.

When you are asking your mom what the big words mean, sarcasm usually goes over the readers head.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://news.grabien.com/story-nunes-fbi-not-cooperating-our-investigation-trump-camp-surve

Nunes: FBI Is Not Cooperating with Our Investigation into Trump Camp Surveillance
‘So far the FBI has not told us whether or not they’re going to respond to our March 15th letter which is now a couple weeks old’
Support the USO

rangerrebew

Surveiling the transition team but not Trump?  I don't believe it for one second.  It looks like Comey has perjured himself, too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

They are scared...

I sincerely hope so.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

Stop with the word games.  Just watching a guy enter Trump Towers is a form of information collection.

@don-o is NOT playing word games.  What is scaring me is that you think that reverse targeting to include emails, fax and yes, VOICE communications is ok .

Everyone on this thread is subject to this.  We all could be targeted next.  That the physical collection was by satellite, or more likely, a fiber switch at the phone company is immaterial.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Surveiling the transition team but not Trump?  I don't believe it for one second.  It looks like Comey has perjured himself, too.

He definitely did .
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline r9etb

@don-o is NOT playing word games.  What is scaring me is that you think that reverse targeting to include emails, fax and yes, VOICE communications is ok .

What's scaring me is that you think Nunes is talking about "reverse targeting" when he clearly is not.  "Incidental information" has a specific meaning, and it's not equal to "reverse targeting."

Words have meaning.  It's important to use them precisely and correctly. 

Offline r9etb

He definitely did .

A headline from TheHill.com does not constitute perjury.  Besides which, Nunes states quite clearly that this information has nothing to do with the topic on which Comey was testifying yesterday.

Offline skeeter

What's scaring me is that you think Nunes is talking about "reverse targeting" when he clearly is not.  "Incidental information" has a specific meaning, and it's not equal to "reverse targeting."

Words have meaning.  It's important to use them precisely and correctly.

You once warned me that my lack of incredulity concerning Trump, as you saw it, would eventually help result in a police state.

Yet here you are, when confronted with what obviously are blatant police state tactics, splitting hairs. Incredible.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:20:04 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

You once warned me that my lack of incredulity concerning Trump, as you saw it, would eventually help result in a police state.

Yet here you are, when confronted with what obviously are blatant police state tactics, choose to split hairs. Incredible.

Hilarious. Top notch!

Offline Rivergirl

This is all about Flynn. And Turkey.    Flynn was fired by Obama for giving classified information to Iraq and Afghanistan.
So of course he is the perfit fit for the tRump administration.   When he got too hot to handle he had to go.
Never mind that Levin was o in love with Flynn.  The man was so dirty.
Given that Nunez was on the transition so  no doubt he was caught up in the surveillance and is running to divert attention from himself.
Yesterday during a presser he insisted he never heard of Roger Stone.   Oh really????????????  Stone had been the topic of conversation during the closed door hearings so maybe Nunez was suffering from too much sweet tea and had to go potty.