Author Topic: ABC Suggests Trump Fired U.S. Attorneys After On-Air Urging from Sean Hannity  (Read 570 times)

rangerrebew

ABC Suggests Trump Fired U.S. Attorneys After On-Air Urging from Sean Hannity
By Nicholas Fondacaro | March 12, 2017 | 10:51 AM EDT
shares

After of a week of the liberal media claiming President Donald Trump was being misled by conservative media, ABC’s David Wright continued the charge by insinuating the President was listening to Fox News for governing advice. “On Friday, the Attorney General asked for resignation letters from all 46 federal prosecutors who were Obama-era holdovers,” Wright reporting during Good Morning America before diving into conspiracy theories, “Sessions' decision to clean house came just one day after Trump loyalist Sean Hannity called for a purge.”

Wright played a YouTube video of Thursday’s Hannity, where the Fox News host warned that there were “Obama holdovers bureaucrats who are hell bent on destroying this president.” Hannity then declared that “Tonight, it's time for the Trump Administration to begin to purge these saboteurs before it’s too late.” Wright made the same charge during Saturday’s World News Tonight.

The bizarre insinuation came as the network was bemoaning the firing of Obama-appointed US Attorney Preet Bharara. “Not many prosecutors get the cover of Time magazine. But that's Preet Bharara in 2012 with the headline, ‘This man is busting Wall Street,’” touted Wright, “Bharara refused. ‘I didn’t resign,’ He tweeted Saturday, ‘Moments ago I was fired.’”

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/03/12/abc-suggests-trump-fired-us-attorneys-after-air-urging-sean

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
ATTORNEY GENERAL SEEKS RESIGNATIONS FROM PROSECUTORS

By DAVID JOHNSTON,  Published: March 24, 1993

WASHINGTON, March 23—  Attorney General Janet Reno today demanded the prompt resignation of all United States Attorneys, leading the Federal prosecutor in the District of Columbia to suggest that the order could be tied to his long-running investigation of Representative Dan Rostenkowski, a crucial ally of President Clinton.

Jay B. Stephens, the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is a Bush Administration holdover, said he had advised the Justice Department that he was within 30 days of making a "critical decision" in the Rostenkowski case when Ms. Reno directed him and other United States Attorneys to submit their resignations, effective in a matter of days.

While prosecutors are routinely replaced after a change in Administration, Ms. Reno's order accelerated what had been expected to be a leisurely changeover. Says He Won't Resist

snip

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/us/attorney-general-seeks-resignations-from-prosecutors.html

How long until somebody says it is different, with the big bad orange Donny, cuz....cuz they just don't like him....followed by their always predictable virtue signaling repetitions?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
How long until somebody says it is different, with the big bad orange Donny, cuz....cuz they just don't like him....followed by their always predictable virtue signaling repetitions?

No argument from me. GWB cleared out the Clinton holdovers fairly rapidly as well. The Worm (I'm going by memory here only) got rid of all the GWB appointees rapidly. I want to say even before his AG was confirmed, but honestly can't remember.

It's normal. Lot of fuss over nothing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
ATTORNEY GENERAL SEEKS RESIGNATIONS FROM PROSECUTORS

By DAVID JOHNSTON,  Published: March 24, 1993

WASHINGTON, March 23—  Attorney General Janet Reno today demanded the prompt resignation of all United States Attorneys, leading the Federal prosecutor in the District of Columbia to suggest that the order could be tied to his long-running investigation of Representative Dan Rostenkowski, a crucial ally of President Clinton.

Jay B. Stephens, the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is a Bush Administration holdover, said he had advised the Justice Department that he was within 30 days of making a "critical decision" in the Rostenkowski case when Ms. Reno directed him and other United States Attorneys to submit their resignations, effective in a matter of days.

While prosecutors are routinely replaced after a change in Administration, Ms. Reno's order accelerated what had been expected to be a leisurely changeover. Says He Won't Resist

snip

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/us/attorney-general-seeks-resignations-from-prosecutors.html

Look when Trump does something that really bugs me or that I think warrants criticism, I will, and not because I just don't like him, I'm the hope for the best house now. In this case, no beefs, cleaning house is the smart thing to do. But if you want me to criticise, okay. Why did Trump wait so long?! There, happy? :tongue2: