Author Topic: George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban  (Read 9888 times)

Offline corbe

@GrouchoTex 

I think you're right, and it's a shame.  Anyone with a moral compass should have understood Medellin needed to die.  To this day, I can't imagine what W was thinking.

@CatherineofAragon

He was putting to much emphasize on his 'Friendship' with Vicente Fox, unfortunately.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

I'm not either but I am gonna give him a chance and not whine over every little personality quirk that offends me.  I'd stay offended .... not  a good way to live.

@Emjay

Well, to say I worry daily about Bush would be a heck of an overstatement.  None of these politicians have anything to do with my life.  But I can't rationalize his attempt to get that filthy rapist and murderer of young girls off death row, nor will I try.  I'm not that invested in him.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

He was putting to much emphasize on his 'Friendship' with Vicente Fox, unfortunately.

@corbe

I don't doubt it a bit.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

SP is totally wary of the Bushes. I guess we can choose whom we find persuasive, not that someone talks for all.

@TomSea

I guess that's one way of putting it. Another is they are all mama's boy wusses and traitors.
Babs is the only man in the damn family,and she's their handler.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Emjay

Well, to say I worry daily about Bush would be a heck of an overstatement.  None of these politicians have anything to do with my life.  But I can't rationalize his attempt to get that filthy rapist and murderer of young girls off death row, nor will I try.  I'm not that invested in him.

Good for you, but I was talking about Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

Good for you, but I was talking about Trump.

@Emjay

I was discussing Bush in the post you responded to.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I was discussing Bush in the post you responded to.

Well, bless your heart then.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Mexico stands proudly with Bush.

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

I guess that's one way of putting it. Another is they are all mama's boy wusses and traitors.
Babs is the only man in the damn family,and she's their handler.
@sneakypete

Great posts Brother, I really enjoy it. Reading some of your stories reminds me of when I was in school still yet, there was this movie where this Native American fellow I believe was an ex-Green Beret and he was out there, per the movie I believe in a remote area of California but it almost could have passed for Colorado or the 4 corners region. And he was real proficient at Martial Arts, Kung Fu, Karate, I'm not sure which.  I enjoyed it and it's part of a series actually, I caught one of the other movies too once.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:41:07 am by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe to you but she's a bitch to some people.

You really are quite ugly when you lose a debate @Emjay  I'll admit I'm a little surprised --- I thought you were better than this.   **nononono*

Silver Pines

Well, bless your heart then.

@Emjay

Why, thank you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You really are quite ugly when you lose a debate @Emjay  I'll admit I'm a little surprised --- I thought you were better than this.   **nononono*

Better than what?  RIV was ticked at something I said ... I don't even remember what and she posted a snide and snotty post to me.  Was I supposed to appreciate it?  Nobody told me that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You can stop digging @Emjay

This no longer interests me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You can stop digging @Emjay

This no longer interests me.

Oh, no.  Now  I am boring.  Oh, well.

It's funny how so many people profess no interest in George W. Bush and yet any post about him goes a whole bunch of pages.  The same is true of Ted Cruz.

Offline TomSea

Emjay has very thoughtful postings, let's not criticize. We all get heated under the collar and I've seen her take some unfair flak in the past.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh, no.  Now  I am boring.  Oh, well.

It's funny how so many people profess no interest in George W. Bush and yet any post about him goes a whole bunch of pages.  The same is true of Ted Cruz.

@Emjay

I'm trying to figure out how people that never post anything of relevance or engage in meaningful debate on the topics....seems to get bored with the posts of others so easily.

Are we using words that are too big?  :shrug: 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Emjay

I'm trying to figure out how people that never post anything of relevance or engage in meaningful debate on the topics....seems to get bored with the posts of others so easily.

Are we using words that are too big?  :shrug:

@txradioguy

No,just words that consist entirely of hot air with no substance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@sneakypete is an internet tough guy:

Offline musiclady

All this debate just because of a phony headline about a gracious man who is supporting our veterans.  :shrug:

Just a single thought here........ can anyone name a President who was more conservative that George W. Bush, other than Reagan in any of our lifetimes?  Nixon?  Eisenhower?  Ford?  Bush I? How about guys who ran and lost?  Dole? McCain?  Romney?

Yes, he disappointed, and even angered almost all of us in his second term, but is he really the monster some describe here?

I'd just like a little realism on the subject.  @txradioguy has talked about his total support of the troops, during and since his Presidency.   I would also like to add that he never, ever wavered in his support for the unborn, and a culture of life. 

History will judge George W. Bush far better than conservative political forums have done.

At any rate, this is a stupid headline.  Bush never "opened up" on anyone.  And he never will.

Stop being so hyper sensitive, Trumpers.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

@sneakypete is an internet tough guy:

Who's got a man-crush on W.   888heartkitty

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All this debate just because of a phony headline about a gracious man who is supporting our veterans.  :shrug:

Just a single thought here........ can anyone name a President who was more conservative that George W. Bush, other than Reagan in any of our lifetimes?  Nixon?  Eisenhower?  Ford?  Bush I? How about guys who ran and lost?  Dole? McCain?  Romney?

Yes, he disappointed, and even angered almost all of us in his second term, but is he really the monster some describe here?

I'd just like a little realism on the subject.  @txradioguy has talked about his total support of the troops, during and since his Presidency.   I would also like to add that he never, ever wavered in his support for the unborn, and a culture of life. 

History will judge George W. Bush far better than conservative political forums have done.

At any rate, this is a stupid headline.  Bush never "opened up" on anyone.  And he never will.

Stop being so hyper sensitive, Trumpers.

@musiclady

I know the man personally as well as all of the major players on his team.  He is the only person to have been president that I can say that about. He was a GREAT governor of Texas but continued to rely on the same people as his advisors as president.  Those people were WAY out of their death at that level and thus ruined his presidency.

Like it or not that is my take on it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:48:09 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

I know the man personally as well as all of the major players on his team.  He is the only person to have been president that I can say that about. He was a GREAT governor of Texas but continued to rely on the same people as his advisors as president.  Those people were WAY out of their death at that level and thus ruined his presidency.

Like it or not that is my take on it.

I actually agree with that, Bigun.  He got very bad advice and I think probably went against his instincts.  I also think that the fight against terrorism wore him out. (JMO)

But I still think that, historically, he will be judged fairly, and that will not include emotional disappointment that he "let us down."