Author Topic: Trump: I won't attend White House correspondents' dinner  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Trump: I won't attend White House correspondents' dinner
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 09:35:17 am »
Respectfully disagree.

35 years ago, the MSM just had a liberal bias

Now the MSM is actively at war with Trump, conservatives, and the entire GOP for that matter.

Thats the problem. Not only do people refuse to accept how evil the MSM/left actually is today, they refuse to even entertain the concept of treating the enemy like an enemy. Hell they get the vapors half the time when someone refers to them as 'the enemy'.

Offline DB

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 09:53:12 am »
Respectfully disagree.

35 years ago, the MSM just had a liberal bias

Now the MSM is actively at war with Trump, conservatives, and the entire GOP for that matter.

Either you've forgotten or weren't old enough to remember the MSM in the 80's... And there was no real "alternative" media to get information from then and certainly no Internet. Thinking about it, CNN's Crossfire was one of the few shows I watched back then because you could get alternative information. Think about that for a minute or two...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:58:51 am by DB »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:37 am »
Either you've forgotten or weren't old enough to remember the MSM in the 80's... And there was no real "alternative" media to get information from then and certainly no Internet. Thinking about it, CNN's Crossfire was one of the few shows I watched back then because you could get alternative information. Think about that for a minute or two...
Yes, they were bad in the context of their time. no question about it.

But compared to today, they were choir boys. The media of the 80s was not out there nightly in full throated campaign mode for every single Democrat cause. They may have supported it fully, but they were not 24/7/365 in your face on literally every issue the Dems concoct.
The 80s media also did not go after regular citizens that spoke up as they do today either. Today, people refuse to speak openly as the MSM will destroy their lives. Had they tried that in the 80s they would have been pariahed quickly because people in the 80s would have fought back.

Offline DB

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 10:14:17 am »
Yes, they were bad in the context of their time. no question about it.

But compared to today, they were choir boys. The media of the 80s was not out there nightly in full throated campaign mode for every single Democrat cause. They may have supported it fully, but they were not 24/7/365 in your face on literally every issue the Dems concoct.
The 80s media also did not go after regular citizens that spoke up as they do today either. Today, people refuse to speak openly as the MSM will destroy their lives. Had they tried that in the 80s they would have been pariahed quickly because people in the 80s would have fought back.

Do you remember Henry Waxman and all his inquisitions? It was 24/7 in the media. I don't think the media has changed that much, it is just that there is much more of it with many more points of entry into our homes.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:29 am »
Do you remember Henry Waxman and all his inquisitions? It was 24/7 in the media. I don't think the media has changed that much, it is just that there is much more of it with many more points of entry into our homes.

Yea, like I said, they had their moments. but I don't see any equivalency at all. They were not non stop hard left, now they are. Today they do not come up for air. They side with EVERY anti-American thing that comes down the pipe and hammer it without ceasing. Before, they at leased hinted at their support and thats a hell of a difference by any definition.

rangerrebew

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 01:42:48 pm »
Trump: I'm Not Going to the White House Correspondent's Dinner

Good:

Instead, the White House Correspondents' Association says they'll be celebrating accomplishments of America and the American people.

Nah, just f#ckin wit ya.   They're going to praise themselves and turn it into yet another Media Awards ceremony

http://minx.cc:1080/?post=368578
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:48:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 03:20:59 pm »

As evident in my sn, I was definitely old enough to remember.  Though sparse, one could extract enough conservative punditry from WFB, and WSJ to cover our perspective.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 03:28:42 pm »
The media has been at war with the White House since at least the Nixon Era.

If you think this is something that just started with this election you haven't been paying attention.

Even when they were outright lying about W...he still stuck it to them by showing up at the correspondents dinner...a classy move and one that rubbed their noses in it.

Too bad Trump doesn't have that kind of courage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:29:50 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 03:37:34 pm »
The media has been at war with the White House since at least the Nixon Era.

If you think this is something that just started with this election you haven't been paying attention.

Even when they were outright lying about W...he still stuck it to them by showing up at the correspondents dinner...a classy move and one that rubbed their noses in it.

Well, it gives the precious flowers an opportunity to paint themselves as victims, and soon to be martyrs. This is actually a stroke of genius by Trump....giving 'em enough rope....

@LonestarDream

Even more winning.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 03:43:03 pm »

Even earlier -- the 60s/early 70s, during the Vietnam War. Back then, the bias was a bit more subtle, but it was there.  It helped turn public opinion against the war.  And the war went onh during Johnson's term as well as Nixon's.  The president's political party didn't matter. 

Anarchists, possibly communists, determined to destroy America began to infiltrate every aspect of our lives, including the media.  Most of us who were around back then didn't notice.  Heck, we watched Walter Cronkite, billed as the most trusted man in news, or some such, every night.  But when I view video clips of Cronkite from the Vietnam years today, his bias is now more obvious.  Probably because in recent years, with so many ways of checking and rechecking every news story, we are now more attuned to the BS.

Anyway, I still think Trump is wrong to blow off this dinner.  It would show that he won't be cowed.  It would show he has the courage to enter into the lions den.  And he could have gotten off some manure to sling at the media jackals in the process.

That would have been "winning."

Online dfwgator

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 03:43:45 pm »
99% of Americans don't give a rat's about the Frickin' White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:24 pm »
Well, it gives the precious flowers an opportunity to paint themselves as victims, and soon to be martyrs. This is actually a stroke of genius by Trump....giving 'em enough rope....

@LonestarDream

Even more winning.

I think trump was being the precious flower here. Ev n if it's true that nobody cares about this.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »

I guess you're forgetting how badly we wanted W to stand up and defend himself.   There's nothing "classy" or "courageous" about allowing yourself to be the butt of lies and ridicule---and laughing along with the perpetrators. 

After a while such behavior is not only a cringe-worthy embarrassment, it is a badge of weakness.   Hence ... President Barack Obama.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2017, 03:52:45 pm »
Trump: I'm Not Going to the White House Correspondent's Dinner

Good:

Instead, the White House Correspondents' Association says they'll be celebrating accomplishments of America and the American people.

Nah, just f#ckin wit ya.   They're going to praise themselves and turn it into yet another Media Awards ceremony  http://minx.cc:1080/?post=368578

It's going to be a DNC rally.  The media will be flying out of the closet.   ^-^

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:55:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2017, 03:53:07 pm »

I think trump was being the precious flower here. Ev n if it's true that nobody cares about this.
Why do you think it would be a good use of his precious time?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2017, 03:59:22 pm »

Wanna bet? Just wait until the exhibitionist media starts trumpeting this to the sheeple.

"Lookie here how Trump is nailing us to the Cross."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:35 pm »

@LonestarDream

Even more winning.

So when Obama attacks the media it's bad and goes against the Constitution... but when your guy does it it's somehow a blow for freedom?

You seriously underestimate how this is going to blow up in his face as well as the rest of the GOP...but you don't care because you think shouting a Charlie Sheen meme is cool.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »
I guess you're forgetting how badly we wanted W to stand up and defend himself.   There's nothing "classy" or "courageous" about allowing yourself to be the butt of lies and ridicule---and laughing along with the perpetrators. 

After a while such behavior is not only a cringe-worthy embarrassment, it is a badge of weakness.   Hence ... President Barack Obama.

Nope didn't forget at all.  Thought he should have addressed the things they said.

However he didn't run and hide from them when it came to events like this.

This does make Trump look weak. He can dish it out but he can't take it . 

It validates just how thin skinned we all know he is. 

But there are more adult ways to handle this.

Sadly the adults aren't in charge and a bunch of juveniles are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:30:36 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »

Anyway, I still think Trump is wrong to blow off this dinner.  It would show that he won't be cowed.  It would show he has the courage to enter into the lions den.  And he could have gotten off some manure to sling at the media jackals in the process.

That would have been "winning."

FWIW, I think he's telling them that they are unnecessary and irrelevant.  I think he's right to not go.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2017, 04:41:39 pm »
FWIW, I think he's telling them that they are unnecessary and irrelevant.  I think he's right to not go.

And what happens when he needs to go on network TV to speak to the people about an issue he needs the support of the people on.

I mean everyone not just the relative handful that voted for him and the networks refuse?

How many will cheer his Alinsky style attack on the media then?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:04 pm »
Nah, just f#ckin wit ya.   They're going to praise themselves and turn it into yet another Media Awards ceremony
@rangerrebew

I seem to be writing to you numerous times today.
Last night, I heard the official who is head of the White House Correspondent's group, speak of this dinner.  He said their main focus at the dinner are the college tuitions they give to aspiring journalists. 
This man was gracious and played down Trump not attending.  He did not disparage Trump in any way.  Did not mention the fact Trump said they were the enemy of the American people.

When Trump deliberately makes enemies of individuals, groups and countries, he won't be welcome there and he doesn't give a flip; however, he is the leader of the country and the enemies he makes means they become our country's enemies.  This is a serious problem, but his followers seem to not care, either; just make enemies of people/groups, countries we used to have as friends. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »
When Trump deliberately makes enemies of individuals, groups and countries, he won't be welcome there and he doesn't give a flip; however, he is the leader of the country and the enemies he makes means they become our country's enemies.  This is a serious problem, but his followers seem to not care, either; just make enemies of people/groups, countries we used to have as friends

@Victoria33 this can't be repeated often enough.

Online corbe

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »
   It was at the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2011 that obummer 'roasted' the Donald, he hasn't forgot that and some proclaim that started his trek to the White House.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.