Author Topic: Mexico 'will not accept' Trump deportation guideline  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Mexico 'will not accept' Trump deportation guideline
« on: February 23, 2017, 12:20:23 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/320686-mexico-will-not-accept-trump-immigration-rules

Interesting dilemma. What do we do if Mexico won't accept deportations?

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: Mexico 'will not accept' Trump deportation guideline
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »
The articles indicates Mexico will not accept non-Mexican citizens. 

"Mexico’s lead negotiator with the Trump administration is slamming new rules that call for deporting people living illegally in the U.S. to Mexico, regardless of whether they are citizens of that country."

Why would we deport people to Mexico that are not Mexican citizens?  Shouldn't they be sent to their country of origin instead?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:33:16 pm »

"Mexico’s lead negotiator with the Trump administration is slamming new rules that call for deporting people living illegally in the U.S. to Mexico, regardless of whether they are citizens of that country."

Why would we deport people to Mexico that are not Mexican citizens?  Shouldn't they be sent to their country of origin instead?

We should send them back to where they came here from. Most of the time that is Mexico. If they are not Mexican citizens then let Mexico deal with them.

The actual answer is to make them not want to come here illegally in the first place. No job, no housing, no anything if they are here illegally. THAT would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:36:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:53 pm »
Mexico is becoming a bigger danger to the US than the Soviets with their modern version of a Mariel boat lift. They are intentionally sending their human debris over here to destabilize our economy and govt'. There is no other way to look at it now that they are openly devising strategies to get more people over the border and now pretending they are not their citizens.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »

In the case of Mexican citizens I would think this constitutes an official imprimatur of the violation of a sovereign border  making it a hostile act against a neighboring country.

As far as those from other countries are concerned I don't think we'd have much of a case.

I think a better idea would be bribing these people to return. I've read we could give each family of four $10k to leave and have our investment back in 6 months, given what this family would otherwise cost in public services. Let Mexico try to stop em.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 02:31:31 pm »
We should send them back to where they came here from. Most of the time that is Mexico. If they are not Mexican citizens then let Mexico deal with them.

Agree.   :thumbsup2:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:43 pm »

You are getting into a Yuge! can of worms here. Say for example, you have a drug dealer who came to the US via Mexico and he was in Mexico illegally, we are facilitating putting criminals from other countries into Mexico which could be a violation of several treaties that the Senate and President must renegotiate before this takes place.

The other concern is reportation of illegals if this is done wrong. If one has seen the reentry points in San Diego, El Paso, and elsewhere, there are large camps where Mexico validates everyone coming back is a citizen and not being returned illegally. What if they simply shut down, close their doors and refuse to repatriate. We'll then have these backlogs stuck in US border towns piling up, and potentially could then be considered non-patriated refugees with no homeland.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »
Yet Mexico is breaking the law by doing this.

International law for deportations is that the deportee is returned to his point of embarkation. NOT necessarily his native country, but where he was immediately before the country he was deported from. That country then determines if he stays there or is sent back further. Every country has signed off on this process - even North Korea, for God's sake.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:56 pm »
You are getting into a Yuge! can of worms here. Say for example, you have a drug dealer who came to the US via Mexico and he was in Mexico illegally, we are facilitating putting criminals from other countries into Mexico which could be a violation of several treaties that the Senate and President must renegotiate before this takes place.

The other concern is reportation of illegals if this is done wrong. If one has seen the reentry points in San Diego, El Paso, and elsewhere, there are large camps where Mexico validates everyone coming back is a citizen and not being returned illegally. What if they simply shut down, close their doors and refuse to repatriate. We'll then have these backlogs stuck in US border towns piling up, and potentially could then be considered non-patriated refugees with no homeland.

These guys don't think ahead. Simply put, we cannot force Mexico to accept deportees if the people are not from Mexico.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »
Mexico is becoming a bigger danger to the US than the Soviets with their modern version of a Mariel boat lift. They are intentionally sending their human debris over here to destabilize our economy and govt'. There is no other way to look at it now that they are openly devising strategies to get more people over the border and now pretending they are not their citizens.

Especially since the Soviets haven't been in existence for more than 20 years. 

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:29 pm »
Especially since the Soviets haven't been in existence for more than 20 years.

:laugh:

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
Then set up a trebuchet and launch them over the wall and back into Mexico. Word will get out and they will stop crossing the border illegally.

Or issue each of them a parachute and air drop them over Mexico (for humanitarian reasons, a static line jump will be used).

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »

International law for deportations is that the deportee is returned to his point of embarkation. NOT necessarily his native country, but where he was immediately before the country he was deported from. That country then determines if he stays there or is sent back further. Every country has signed off on this process - even North Korea, for God's sake.

I did not know this. I've looked and can't find anything on it - can you direct me to a source?

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 04:22:51 pm »
If Mexico has a problem with us sending illegals back to the country they entered the USA from, then they should stop allowing people to cross their southern borders with the expectation that they will continue on to the USA.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »

Trump voters: Get the bad ones out.

Hillary voters:  Democrats. Liberals. Gov. Jerry Brown of California. #nevertrumpers: Wringing hands, worrying more about Mexico and illegal aliens, than about America, and Americans.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »

A very good reason to keep them out in the first place.  Another brick in the wall.  What will the wall be made of,anyway?  Somebody know?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »
They entered the US via Mexico.  Mexico needs a disincentive to not allow itself to be used as a transit point.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 06:28:27 pm »

I've been reading forever that it is almost impossible to enter Mexico illegally.... that their border laws are extremely tough.  So how are non-Mexicans even in Mexico to enter from there?

Or should I not believe everything I read?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:14 pm »

These guys don't think ahead. Simply put, we cannot force Mexico to accept deportees if the people are not from Mexico.

Simply put ... if they came in from Mexico they can be put back into Mexico ... we need to build the wall first, then shoot those caught coming across ... it won't take long before word gets out that the U.S. now has a zero tolerance policy for illegal immigration.  To be fair; make an announcement to the Mexican government as to what our new policies are; make sure it hits the 'airwaves' in Mexico and then fire.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:42 pm »
A very good reason to keep them out in the first place.  Another brick in the wall.  What will the wall be made of,anyway?  Somebody know?

Last I had heard the wall is supposed to be a double steel wall with barbed wire; similar to what they have in Israel.

Just a note here ...

Since construction of the fence (in Israel) began, the number of attacks has declined by more than 90%. The number of Israelis murdered and wounded has decreased by more than 70% and 85%, respectively, after erection of the fence.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/background-and-overview-of-israel-s-security-fence
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »

"Another Brick in the Wall"

*sigh*  I'm gonna have to tell Mrs_Victor that I've fallen in love,...

...again.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:01 pm »
We have plenty of C-130s that can be used to fly non-Mexican citizens back to their home country. After a flight of a few hours in that ancient aircraft, they won't want to come back.  lol

I remember my first trip to Crete for Annual Service Practice. Even with earplugs, my head was ringing for a couple hours after that 5 hour flight from Germany. My second trip, a few years later, was commercial...big difference.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 08:43:44 pm »
If Mexico has a problem with us sending illegals back to the country they entered the USA from, then they should stop allowing people to cross their southern borders with the expectation that they will continue on to the USA.

In '92 I travelled to Gautemala by train.  Border crossings were on foot.  My paperwork was all in order... and I still got hassled at the border crossing of Mexico and Guatemala.  They wanted pesos and quetzals.  I refused.  They all but body cavity searched me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »
"Another Brick in the Wall"

*sigh*  I'm gonna have to tell Mrs_Victor that I've fallen in love,...

...again.

Does she really have to know?  Yep!  She'll get it out of you anyway.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 12:28:13 am »
Does she really have to know?  Yep!  She'll get it out of you anyway.

You OK being in line behind Sela Ward and Jill Wagner?  Mrs_Victor already knows about those two.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:56:05 am by Just_Victor »