Author Topic: Sen. McConnell: How I helped Trump win the White House  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Sen. McConnell: How I helped Trump win the White House
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 01:48:07 pm »
A lot of people right here support his point...the SCOTUS pick did it.

I think this makes sense -  the line in the sand drawn by McConnell made this election, for many conservatives, all about preserving the balance of the Court.   While this politicization no doubt inspired some Dems to get to the polls,  for the Dems the Court wasn't the life or death issue it was for conservatives,  because conservatives were facing an existential loss. 

The NeverTrumps mostly came home to the GOP on election day.   I have to think that the SCOTUS was a big reason for that.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 02:52:52 pm »

That was my reason. I don't regret it.

Imagine Hillary with a majority liberal court.

Fun thought.  **nononono*

Still don't like Trump.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »

Yes, but it wasn't McConnell  who stuck his neck out and announced he was going to vote for Trump after meeting with him and receiving assurance that he would nominate a justice from the 'list' ... it was Ted Cruz! If it weren't for Cruz sticking his neck out I don't think as many would have come home to the GOP.  In no way do I think McConnell's refusal to nominate Scalia's replacement before the next Congress was his brainchild.  The Turtle isn't that smart. The only thing the Turtle wanted to do was to make sure the he saved his seat...he sure as heck didn't do it for party.  The Turtle is now trying to proclaim he saved the day ... my response to the Turtle ... the flying fickle finger of fate award!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 03:10:35 pm »
... my response to the Turtle ... the flying fickle finger of fate award!

Well, there's a finger involved which may be defined as flying, depending on your vigor.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink