Author Topic: Black Reporter Falsely Accuses Trump Of Saying White People Built America  (Read 1200 times)

rangerrebew

Black Reporter Falsely Accuses Trump Of Saying White People Built America

February 21, 2017| by Brian Anderson

So there’s this weird thing where black people think they built America and because of this they feel like the country owes them billions of dollars in reparations. It ain’t true; slavery was a small part of the economics early in our history, but this country has always been a majority white nation and we are what we are because white people built America from the ground up. A black reporter had kind of a spasm on Tuesday accusing Trump of saying that white people built this country, and while true, he never actually said that.

President Trump visited the National Museum of African American History and Culture today and made several comments about how we as a country need to root out and eliminate racism. Liberals freaked the hell out, because everything he says, according to them, is racist including when he’s condemning racism.

At the White House press briefing April Ryan from the American Urban Radio Networks went after Trump for saying something he never said:

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-reporter-falsely-accuses-trump-of-saying-white-people-built-america
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:32:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Black Reporter Falsely Accuses Trump Of Saying White People Built America
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:03:12 pm »
April Ryan is certainly taking to her newly found notoriety, isn't she?  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08:30 pm »
I know it's a common belief in the black community, but now it seems many white libs believe it as well. Samantha Bee the uh "comedian" for one was quoted as saying that if Trump destroys America  "will black people have to build it again?"
Since before and after the civil war black people were a very tiny part of the population of the country outside the south where the great bulk of the building of the country was done, it's a mystery to me why so many black people and white libs believe the myth about black people being primarily responsible for building the country.
Certainly, black slaves were a huge part of the southern pre-war cotton led economy.  But do these people actually believe black people were doing the farming, manufacturing, construction, etc. of most of the country when their numbers north of the M-D line were a small fraction of the entire American work force?
Apparently, yes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:08:59 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:24:00 pm »
I know it's a common belief in the black community, but now it seems many white libs believe it as well.

I wonder whether someone knowledgeable has quantified it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:38:53 pm »
Be fairer to say the Chinese built it.

Without the railroads .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 03:01:54 pm »
I wonder whether someone knowledgeable has quantified it.
Were there free black workmen in the north before and after the civil war? Sure, but their numbers were incredibly tiny. The great bulk of black Americans were south of the M-D line and were slaves. There were some free blacks in the south, but their numbers were dwarfed by the slaves.
Overall the numbers of blacks involved in the actual construction of homes, industries, etc. was tiny. You can say blacks helped build industrial America (true), but they were just a tiny percent of the total work force.  As the growth of America spread across the country post-war again the numbers of emancipated blacks involved in the creation of industrialized America was a tiny fraction of the work force.
 Most blacks still lived down south working on farms now mostly sharecroppers. The great black migration to the north didn't mostly happen until the 20th century and after WWII.
Many parts of the country (like the upper Midwest) were almost totally devoid of blacks until the 20th century.  Some people blame sundown laws driving out blacks, but most likely it was just a matter of many blacks not leaving the south even after emancipation.
Of course the phrase is being using by many black agitators to claim they are owed billions-trillions of dollars for all the unpaid or underpaid work they did "building the country."
But like many leftist claims (including the numbers of Indians in N. America pre-European settlement) it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:08:15 pm »

You've probably heard the myth that after the trans-continental railroad was completed the rr companies killed off the Chinese workmen. Another myth propagated by the left. I first heard the myth when reading an interview of Lee Marvin many decades ago. Marvin repeated the myth to the interviewer.
The myth has been debunked a number of times, but that's another one that gets repeated. The truth is after the t-c railroad was completed, most Chinese workmen went back to California or got jobs in some local places. They weren't murdered by the rr companies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
Aye. Heard that one. People will believe anything.  :laugh:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 03:16:42 pm »

The western half, anyway. The Irish built the other half.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:23:25 pm »
Yeah, but they were Irish .... whites need not apply in La La Leftie Land.