Author Topic: How the Center Does Not Hold  (Read 6604 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How the Center Does Not Hold
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:21:47 pm »

Trump and his biggest supporters saw nothing wrong with insinuating that Ted Cruz’s father was an accomplice to JFK’s murder. They shrugged at his insults of his political opponents and even their wives. He and they reject any suggestion that he should apologize for such statements. But the merest slight against Trump or his family is an outrage.
[/size]Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444998/michael-flynn-resignation-trump-administration-turmoil-over-leaks

• Technical
Re: How the Center Does Not Hold
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
Nice WTF.  Just gotta stir the pot this morning.

Another little baby who wants a safe space?

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »
Out of all the material to quote in that article, this is what you choose?  Your posts disgust me as intended.  That's what leftists do.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 01:35:18 pm »
Oh. A guy who openly hates Trump still hates Trump. Didn't he also say that Donny would never win even Primary states?

Jonah Goldberg: For Trump supporters, a reckoning is at hand

http://www.unionleader.com/Jonah-Goldberg-For-Trump-supporters-a-reckoning-is-at-hand#sthash.1aiQSj1j.dpuf

That’s why I embrace the Twitter hashtag #NeverTrump, initiated by Erick Erickson. Trump has benefited from the assumption that the non-Trump faction of the party would support the nominee. Such thinking paves the road to power for demagogues.

My. I see a theme in you threads WTF. You seem to be posting articles from rabid #NeverTrump LOSERS like Erickson and Goldberg who couldn't prognosticate how wiping their ass will go in the morning.

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:35:55 pm »
Out of all the material to quote in that article, this is what you choose?  Your posts disgust me as intended.  That's what leftists do.

Please read my signature, thank you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:39:04 pm »

You should know the WTF is a snowflake who is a rocked ribbed hard core Jeb Bush supporter. He believes that if the GOP would moderate to the Rats positions like Bush did, all would be well.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 01:41:26 pm »

Trump and his biggest supporters saw nothing wrong with insinuating that Ted Cruz’s father was an accomplice to JFK’s murder. They shrugged at his insults of his political opponents and even their wives. He and they reject any suggestion that he should apologize for such statements. But the merest slight against Trump or his family is an outrage.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42:32 pm »
This is how the center does not hold. Democracies — never mind civilizations — depend on a minimal amount of buy-in to rules of conduct and behavior. It’s no different than good sportsmanship. If you claim that every bad call by the ref is illegitimate because “the fix is in,” and this behavior pays off, the incentive for the other side to play by the rules evaporates.

Trump didn’t create the crisis of confidence in the rules, but his passionate intensity has accelerated the collapse.

This is the takeaway.   The seeds were planted with Bork and Roe v. Wade,  and now one-half the country thinks the other half is evil and irredeemable.   And the other half feels the same way. 

And those few of us in the center are despised by both sides!

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42:34 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:43:08 pm »
And the so called religious leaders are making idiotic claims that opposing Trump is interfering with "God's plan"

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 01:44:02 pm »
This is the takeaway.   The seeds were planted with Bork and Roe v. Wade,  and now one-half the country thinks the other half is evil and irredeemable.   And the other half feels the same way. 

And those few of us in the center are despised by both sides!

The biggest idiots always yell the loudest and that includes this forum unfortunately. "Leftist!" is the codeword here to shout down ideas you don't like.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 01:44:35 pm »
You should know the WTF is a snowflake who is a rocked ribbed hard core Jeb Bush supporter. He believes that if the GOP would moderate to the Rats positions like Bush did, all would be well.

WTF thinks for himself.   I admire that. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »
Your signature describes you to a tee.  It is outright laughable.  I stumbled upon it because, like the leftist broken record that you are, you keep telling people to view it.  I had to open the post because I have you on ignore due to being tired of scrolling through interminably long, boring, leftist drivel.  I literally choked with laughter when I read it. 

Sorry.  A leftist moron could put "I hold to strict Conservative values." in his signature, but said signature does not make him a Conservative.  A leftist moron is still a leftist moron.  Please note that I am not calling you a leftist moron.  This is merely an example, of course.  ;)

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

Thank you, Jazzhead. Frank Cannon is a angry, rage filled troll who cannot handle any dissenting opinion.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
And the so called religious leaders are making idiotic claims that opposing Trump is interfering with "God's plan"

Can you name these religious leaders? Are the really religious leaders or are you calling them religious leaders to buttress your Donny hate?

Offline anubias

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 01:46:24 pm »

To do that, he would have to think.  I suspect that is a physical impossibility, but I could be wrong of course.  I may have missed a post or two where he displayed thought as I do have him on ignore.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:47:43 pm »

It's the truth and you know it.

Yes, it is @Weird Tolkienish Figure  Your post really did set off my detector.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:48:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 01:48:21 pm »

Thank you, Jazzhead. Frank Cannon is a angry, rage filled troll who cannot handle any dissenting opinion.

I handle it quite well by poking you in the eye. As you can see on this thread alone I have discredited both you and Goldberg for being frauds.

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 01:48:32 pm »
  Please note that I am not calling you a leftist moron. 

Go back to Free Republic if you can't handle dissenting opinion. Or if you're not from there, try that forum. JimRob could use your $$$.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 01:49:23 pm »

:bsflag:

Offline anubias

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 01:49:38 pm »

Frank is a troll?  More laughable BS from you.  YOU are the troll here.  A leftist disguised as a Conservative to spew your leftist hate.  You enjoy posting garbage simply to create animosity on this forum. 

Offline anubias

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 01:58:17 pm »

Go back to Free Republic if you can't handle dissenting opinion. Or if you're not from there, try that forum. JimRob could use your $$$.

Skinner could use yours.  Or are you already a donating member and are only here to make this forum undesirable to lurkers that were thinking of joining?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 02:04:09 pm »
Frank is a troll?  More laughable BS from you.  YOU are the troll here.  A leftist disguised as a Conservative to spew your leftist hate.  You enjoy posting garbage simply to create animosity on this forum.

Amen, @anubias     :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MOD3

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 02:08:30 pm »
Let's stay on topic and avoid getting this thread shut down.

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
Let's stay on topic and avoid getting this thread shut down.

I posted an article, nothing more, nothing less. I was immediately set upon by the forum howler monkeys.