Author Topic: US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'  (Read 1827 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:01:51 pm »

By Ryan Browne and Barbara Starr, CNN

Updated 0301 GMT (1101 HKT) February 15, 2017

Washington (CNN)The head of US Special Operations Command said Tuesday that the US government is in "unbelievable turmoil," a situation that he suggested could undermine US efforts to fight adversaries such as ISIS.

"Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we're a nation at war," Army Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas told a symposium in Maryland.

more
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/us-special-ops-government-turmoil/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Re: US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »

Washington (CNN)The head of US Special Operations Command said Tuesday that the US government is in "unbelievable turmoil," a situation that he suggested could undermine US efforts to fight adversaries such as ISIS.

"Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we're a nation at war," Army Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas told a symposium in Maryland.

more
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/us-special-ops-government-turmoil/index.html

The government Obama put in place is waging war on the President and the American people that elected him.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:14:22 pm »

more

We are a "nation at war"?  Sounds like a quote from Colonel Flagg or General Buck Turgidson.

There is no way in Hades he ever would have uttered those words during the previous administration.

There were a bunch of generals that I respected and admired. There are others who become too enamored with their power and subordinates constantly kissing their rears. He seems to fall in the latter category.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 02:24:23 pm »
Isn't this a rather imprudent statement for a person currently serving in his position to make?

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »
The government Obama put in place is waging war on the President and the American people that elected him.

888high58888 :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »
Isn't this a rather imprudent statement for a person currently serving in his position to make?

Throughout our history, general/flag officers have been noted for "imprudent" statements. Usually occurs after they pin on their third or fourth star. MacArthur had five stars, and it just emboldened him further.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:56 pm »

You're not going to give credit to Bannon for getting the chaos he bragged about?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:40:21 pm »
Throughout our history, general/flag officers have been noted for "imprudent" statements. Usually occurs after they pin on their third or fourth star. MacArthur had five stars, and it just emboldened him further.

Sure, but specifically this kind of statement isn't what you want opportunistic enemies to hear.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 02:42:20 pm »
Sure, but specifically this kind of statement isn't what you want opportunistic enemies to hear.

@skeeter

You don't think they already know about it?   It needed to be said because the American people need to hear it.   People outside of Washington have no idea how deep the corruption goes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 02:43:18 pm »

Yeah, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer will jump all over it...McCain and Graham too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:43 pm »
@skeeter

You don't think they already know about it?   It needed to be said because the American people need to hear it.   People outside of Washington have no idea how deep the corruption goes.

Driver, I don't think that comment had any suggestion of corruption in DC, it sounded like a general with political aspirations taking advantage of the situation.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 02:50:33 pm »
Driver, I don't think that comment had any suggestion of corruption in DC, it sounded like a general with political aspirations taking advantage of the situation.

@Night Hides Not

Doesn't sound that way to me.   There are plenty of worth generals in the ranks.   Just making it to that rank means a person has above average political skills.   In this case it sounds like he's stating a fact that could get a lot of people killed.   People with access to Presidential communications are leaking information.   As good ole Joe Biden would say "its a big effin deal".   We are seeing the cords that hold this country together unravel and hiding it won't help.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »

Thats how I read it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 03:23:26 pm »
@Night Hides Not

Doesn't sound that way to me.   There are plenty of worth generals in the ranks.   Just making it to that rank means a person has above average political skills.   In this case it sounds like he's stating a fact that could get a lot of people killed.   People with access to Presidential communications are leaking information.   As good ole Joe Biden would say "its a big effin deal".   We are seeing the cords that hold this country together unravel and hiding it won't help.

Hope is a powerful thing but putting hope in anyone other than God ends miserably. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:48 pm »

Sounds like an Obama era butt kisser who fears that his world is about to be turned upside down to me! But I know nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:54 pm »
Trump needs to gain control. He's turning into an epic disaster and I would gather most Americans would agree with me.

Or he needs to resign.

He made another nutso Tweetstorm this morning.

Scary stuff.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 03:32:52 pm »
Trump needs to gain control. He's turning into an epic disaster and I would gather most Americans would agree with me.

Or he needs to resign.

Scary stuff.

Indeed and he is talking about leaks while turn Mara Lago into Situation room while guests take photo's.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »

Or he needs to resign.

Scary stuff.

IMO, two problems that will plague the Trump administration, and consequently endanger this country, if not controlled:

1.  Trump is easily distracted.
2.  Trump is thin-skinned.

If a Trump supporter wants to disagree with me, have at it.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »
Hope is a powerful thing but putting hope in anyone other than God ends miserably.

@Chosen Daughter

And what does that have to do with my post?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 03:54:53 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

And what does that have to do with my post?

People have put so much hope in MAG that they refuse to see any failure in Trump.  It wouldn't matter what he does they will disregard it. 

My feeling and it is the same with any faith leader too.   People go to churches where they are faithful to the pastor and if he falls they fall with him.  It is the same thing here.  I am not saying Trump is going to fall but putting a blind trust in any man is wrong.  Humans have failures.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:57 pm »

Our government was waging war against the people long before Obama got there.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 04:44:25 pm »
Our government was waging war against the people long before Obama got there.

Wall Street and K Street will never stop waging war on Main Street.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 04:45:40 pm »

Until we take away their weapons that is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 04:57:41 pm »

You think that Trump is not tied to Wall Street?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 05:01:35 pm »
IMO, two problems that will plague the Trump administration, and consequently endanger this country, if not controlled:

1.  Trump is easily distracted.
2.  Trump is thin-skinned.

If a Trump supporter wants to disagree with me, have at it.

Also:

3. Careless (ie. the Mar-A-Lago episode this weekend)
4. Doesn't think before he speaks. I read that the Berghdahl trial is now jeopardized because Trump shot off his big mouth during the campaign