Author Topic: US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'  (Read 1826 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 05:03:44 pm »
People have put so much hope in MAG that they refuse to see any failure in Trump.  It wouldn't matter what he does they will disregard it. 

My feeling and it is the same with any faith leader too.   People go to churches where they are faithful to the pastor and if he falls they fall with him.  It is the same thing here.  I am not saying Trump is going to fall but putting a blind trust in any man is wrong.  Humans have failures.

You have to have faith in any leader.   Not faith in salvation but faith that they have the best interests of the country in mind.   We know Obama did not have that but Trump seems to.   He falls short in many ways but he is our elected leader.   He cannot do it by himself while so many on both sides are working towards the destruction of our country.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 05:21:08 pm »
Driver, I don't think that comment had any suggestion of corruption in DC, it sounded like a general with political aspirations taking advantage of the situation.

It sounds like a general pointing out that while the damned civs piss about there is an actual shooting war going on.

Or has everyone forgotten - again?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 06:09:07 pm »
It sounds like a general pointing out that while the damned civs piss about there is an actual shooting war going on.

Or has everyone forgotten - again?

If we are truly "a nation at war", whom are we really fighting? Quarter/half measures, like those against ISIS, don't qualify in my opinion.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.