Author Topic: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS  (Read 19665 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:03 pm »
   You're comparing apples to oranges here @truth_seeker Obama was already President at that point of time so the Logan Act did not apply.

Off topic, but...has the Logan Act ever been used?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
   You're comparing apples to oranges here @truth_seeker Obama was already President at that point of time so the Logan Act did not apply.

Anyone who harbors the illusion that what Flynn did rises to anything like what Obama did is insane!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
Anyone who harbors the illusion that what Flynn did rises to anything like what Obama did is insane!
:amen:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2017, 07:28:53 pm »

NO, not to my knowledge since it's inception 1789, I believe.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2017, 07:30:06 pm »

It was never intended to apply to a President-elect or his staff, and is probably unconstitutional anyway.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2017, 07:30:51 pm »
Ultimately, what he did got him fired and in a sane world, that would be the end of it. However, rather than let a thing be what it is, some people have taken this as a personal affront to Trump as the illusion that he is infallible must be maintained for some of the weaker minded out there.

Unless someone has evidence Trump ordered the gloryhound to break the law, Trump did the right thing and canned him and is otherwise blameless in this blowup. But alas, that isn't good enough for the devoted. Someone has to be destroyed, drama taken to absurd levels and history dug up to reopen the Ted Cruz episode.

Anything to avoid the actual issue.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2017, 07:39:23 pm »
Ultimately, what he did got him fired and in a sane world, that would be the end of it. However, rather than let a thing be what it is, some people have taken this as a personal affront to Trump as the illusion that he is infallible must be maintained for some of the weaker minded out there.

Unless someone has evidence Trump ordered the gloryhound to break the law, Trump did the right thing and canned him and is otherwise blameless in this blowup. But alas, that isn't good enough for the devoted. Someone has to be destroyed, drama taken to absurd levels and history dug up to reopen the Ted Cruz episode.

Anything to avoid the actual issue.

And endless amounts of time and resources will be expended on this rather than any swamp draining.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2017, 07:47:09 pm »
No argument over that. (although at the point Obama's reelection was not assured, since the time of the contact was Mar. 2012-election year)

OTOH it is being suggested that the CIA recorded the call in question, and released it to the media to discredit Flynn.

Flynn represented an agenda of peaceful coexistence through cooperation with Russia, and the CIA represents an agenda of permanent low level conflict, to benefit the Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned of, and that NeoCons also represent.

I am NOT claiming I know all the factors, just passing along one version. Dennis Kucinich among others, suggested this and he is no friend of Republicans.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2017, 07:48:31 pm »
We're North of 150 posts on a topic where everybody is in agreement about the base facts of the matter.  This fighting for the sake of fighting probably isn't good for anybody but Democrats.  JMHO.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2017, 07:51:08 pm »
   And out comes 'the long knives'

Roger Stone: Priebus's 'purge' of Flynn is 'Pearl Harbor' for Trump loyalists

By Joe Concha - 02/14/17 02:07 PM EST

President Trump supporter Roger Stone tweeted Tuesday that the "purge" of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is "Pearl Harbor" for Trump loyalists.

Stone blamed White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus for Flynn's resignation after just 24 days on the job.

"Reince's purge of Flynn a 'Pearl Harbor' for Trump loyalists. Hope the midget is ready to rumble,"

wrote Stone.

Stone's tweet comes as Breitbart, the populist right-wing website once led by President Trump’s chief strategist, Steve Bannon, published a scathing report on Tuesday stating that Priebus was responsible for the administration's rocky start while speculating that his future in the administration may also be short.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/media/319491-roger-stone-priebuss-purge-of-flynn-is-pearl-harbor-for-trump-loyalists

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »
   And out comes 'the long knives'

Roger Stone: Priebus's 'purge' of Flynn is 'Pearl Harbor' for Trump loyalists

By Joe Concha - 02/14/17 02:07 PM EST

President Trump supporter Roger Stone tweeted Tuesday that the "purge" of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is "Pearl Harbor" for Trump loyalists.

Stone blamed White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus for Flynn's resignation after just 24 days on the job.

wrote Stone.

Stone's tweet comes as Breitbart, the populist right-wing website once led by President Trump’s chief strategist, Steve Bannon, published a scathing report on Tuesday stating that Priebus was responsible for the administration's rocky start while speculating that his future in the administration may also be short.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/media/319491-roger-stone-priebuss-purge-of-flynn-is-pearl-harbor-for-trump-loyalists

If Trump wants the bleeding to get worse he'll do what Roger Stone suggests.  I don't think he's that stupid.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2017, 08:22:33 pm »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:54 pm »
Flynn was an arriving member of the admin.  This is a situation which an Obama admin intel person set him up.

But hey, if we are spying on the Government, lets spy on Lindsey Graham and the other democrats as to their peccadillos related to blackmail. 

Remember Diane Feinstein being spied on??

@don-o

Peering down the rabbit hole, it seems a bit more to it than that. There is a strange obsession for this admin to shoot from the hip with any and everything that flashes anywhere. Take a breath once in a while.

The messaging shop makes the Keystone Kops and Three Stooges look like paragons of competence and efficiency. This thing originated with a leaked transcript of an alleged phone conversation.

The action plan should be that there is no comment on anonymous accusations for some period of time.  Take the time to try to ascertain the facts and to try to ID the leaker.

Most importantly, get 100% solid and consistent on message. Trump needs to settle on ONE person to vet all comm, including his own.

@EC
@LonestarDream
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:25:36 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
I'm not going back to the Cruz/Trump wars. Cruz got over it and got on board the Trump train so I no longer have a problem with him. Seems a lot of his supporters can't do the same an bash Trump 24/7 even with the barbarians (Globalist Marxists Democrats and Globalist Republicans) at the gate.

If Trump goes down and now there is a full court press to take him down, the Globalists will have won and the country will never be the same. Forget about a secure border, forget about controlling illegal immigration, forget about staying out of wars that are non of our business, forget about ending socialize medicine, forget about tax reform and all the other things Trump ran on. The swamp will not be drain and DC will not be reformed.

I'm just suggesting that even had Trump not done what he did to Cruz, the #NeverTrumps would still have some legitimate problems with Trump.  Cruz isn't the issue and you #EverTrumps seem determined to make him the issue.  Which means that you are ignoring the other reasons the #NeverTrumps don't like Trump.  Unless we are honest about the issues the Evers and Nevers will remain at odds.  And, hopefully, that's not the reason the Cruz red-herring is repeatedly dragged across the trail.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »
I'm just suggesting that even had Trump not done what he did to Cruz

Ok and just what did Trump do to Cruz?

Cruz lied his ass off in the primaries, he attacked Trump wife and called her morally unfit to be first lady and then cried like a baby when Trump hit back, he lied that Trump used emanate domain to get rich, lied that he never was for legalization for illegals, lied that he was not for TPP,  he blamed Trump for violent anti-Trump violence at Trump rallies, lied about Ben Carson dropping out and he is NOT a natural born citizen going by original intent. Cruz ran a lousey dirty campaign and lost. Get over it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2017, 09:05:40 pm »

Cruz lied his ass off in the primaries, he attacked Trump wife and called her morally unfit to be first lady and then cried like a baby when Trump hit back, he lied that Trump used emanate domain to get rich, lied that he never was for legalization for illegals, lied that he was not for TPP,  he blamed Trump for violent anti-Trump violence at Trump rallies, lied about Ben Carson dropping out and he is NOT a natural born citizen going by original intent. Cruz ran a lousey dirty campaign and lost. Get over it.

That's a lot of wrong you got stuffed up in your head. No wonder you have truth issues.

Online corbe

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:05 pm »

you should have taken my advice this morning, quit digging, now your problem is much worse.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »
   you should have taken my advice this morning, quit digging, now your problem is much worse.

Waht, and miss his chance to attack Ted Cruz and spread more lies? Thats not the fanatical Trumpist way. Lest we forget, he was one of the biggest propagandists on the site.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »

OK.  Now, I understand.  And, accept that we can not come to a meeting of minds on this.  You have decided to believe the skewed and outright untrue "breitbart" version of event.  There is no objectivity or truth there, which leaves us with no common ground on which to stand.

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2017, 09:16:33 pm »

Total 100% lie.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »
Does anyone know how to go about suing the printer of my diary? The lying rag is telling me the year is 2017, when it's obviously 2016.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
OK.  Now, I understand.  And, accept that we can not come to a meeting of minds on this.  You have decided to believe the skewed and outright untrue "breitbart" version of event.  There is no objectivity or truth there, which leaves us with no common ground on which to stand.

Yeah, I'm going to have to file @jpsb's quote to pull out the next time I see someone accuse the Nevers of being the ones keeping the animosity going.  It's a classic.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
Does anyone know how to go about suing the printer of my diary? The lying rag is telling me the year is 2017, when it's obviously 2016.

I can hear it now:  "Don't believe that Lyin' Diary!"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:21:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »

Just when I thought you were beginning to make some progress you have to go and prove me wrong!   :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien