Author Topic: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS  (Read 19644 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2017, 04:53:19 pm »
@alicewonders

He was canned for a very minor offense at best. As I've said before if this administration is going to fire senior officials for the slightest of reasons to placate the "media" then this administration is functionally finished. I would not work for a boss that did not have my back and expected me to make every call 100% correct.

Trump better get a handle on things and quickly. STOP FALLING FOR FAKE NEWS, START DEFENDING YOUR TOP PEOPLE.

He lied to the VP. That is a "minor offense"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2017, 04:55:33 pm »
@alicewonders

I would not work for a boss that did not have my back and expected me to make every call 100% correct.

Ah, come on.  Trump and his administration HAD Flynn's back.  And yes, it was Flynn's responsibility to relay the contents of the conversation fully and honestly.  An "I don't remember" would have better served Flynn than his denial.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:56:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2017, 04:56:02 pm »

At least he never lied to the "Big Guy."   22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

• Technical
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »
Ah, come on.  Trump and his administration HAD Flynn's back.  And yes, it was Flynn's responsibility to relay the contents of the conversation fully and honestly.  An "I don't remember" would have better served Flynn than his denial.

Shocked to find myself agreeing with RiV!  888high58888

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2017, 04:59:43 pm »
It's one thing to allegedly "lie" if that happened, it's another thing, if the one you lied too, Pence in this case, goes on public record recounting what you said as if it was the truth,  that Flynn did not discuss sanctions with the Russians. I think that is more of what we are looking at.

I believe that is how it shakes out, Pence publicly said this as well.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

He'd not have got chance to resign if he had.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2017, 05:03:02 pm »
I guess he won't be getting any Putin payolla now

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »

To make matters worse, this is the 3rd person forced to resign from team Trump after Russian ties were revealed. (Manafort, Page, Flynn) I know for a fact that republicans are getting worried.

• Technical
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2017, 05:06:46 pm »
To make matters worse, this is the 3rd person forced to resign from team Trump after Russian ties were revealed. (Manafort, Page, Flynn) I know for a fact that republicans are getting worried.

:shrug:

I don' t know what their options are. IMO unless Trump has concretely broken the law, he's in there for the long haul.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:25 pm »
THIS!

@alicewonders

Another high Trump official canned over a Fake News story. The enemy now has two Trump heads on their wall, who is next?

After Plagiarism Reports, Monica Crowley Won’t Take White House Job

The real story

Rising to Monica Crowley’s defense

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »

ALL swamp critters are worried!  They are worried that their swamp might actually see some draining and won't stand for that!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:14:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:03 pm »
ALL swamp critters are worried!  They are worried that their swamp might actually see some draining and won't stand of that!

It's a conspiracy!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:18 pm »
Let me see if I can help you with that. 

It's not just one side of the isle that wants to destroy Trump inside the beltway!  They like the swamp just like it is and do not wish it to be drained!

Yeah, I can agree with that.  These are people who tried to sabotage Trump even after the Convention.  A whole lot of us here didn't like him from the get-go (he was pretty close to 17 on my list), but DeeCee swamp-dwellers lost sight of the fact that the worst of the Republican candidates was still better than the best of the Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »

He did not lie. The entire story is a fabrication. Fake News. But since the left has managed to get two high officials canned by using fake news more heads are going to roll. You and the other NeverTrumpers will probably get your wish and see the administration fail. I hope you will be happy with open borders, no border security, massive Muslim immigration, endless wars, no Obama care repeal, no tax reform, etc etc. Guess you like business as usual huh?

geronl

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2017, 05:16:14 pm »
Yeah, I can agree with that.  These are people who tried to sabotage Trump even after the Convention

So why is Flynn trying to sabotage Trump? Or maybe Trump is trying to sabotage himself by hiring these kind of people?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »

It's a conspiracy!

Or maybe just a culture! A culture of corruption!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:18:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2017, 05:18:16 pm »
He did not lie. The entire story is a fabrication. Fake News.

Flynn admitted to it. He lied about having discussions with a foreign power about changing US policy toward them before he even got the job. Not only is he in thrall to Putin, but he is willing to lie to his own government to favor a foreign despot.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2017, 05:19:10 pm »
So why is Flynn trying to sabotage Trump? Or maybe Trump is trying to sabotage himself by hiring these kind of people?

I was referring to Blunt and other Congresscritters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2017, 05:31:07 pm »
Flynn admitted to it. He lied about having discussions with a foreign power about changing US policy toward them before he even got the job. Not only is he in thrall to Putin, but he is willing to lie to his own government to favor a foreign despot.

I am not going to engage in the idiocy of talking to you about anything Trump.

Now the uniparty (D's and R's) is on the "What did the president know and when did he know it"

Democrats demand that Flynn’s resignation spur broader Russia investigation

Democrats hold no levers of power in Washington, but they have pulled out their megaphones to demand that Mr. Flynn’s resignation open the first chapter — not the last — of investigations into contacts between Trump aides and Moscow — during and after Mr. Trump’s campaign for president.

“Nothing about this resignation, or resignations that could occur in the future, precludes the Senate Intelligence Committee from continuing to investigate Gen. Flynn, or any other campaign official who may have had inappropriate and improper contacts with Russian officials prior to the election,” said Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee. “It is clear that our task is more urgent than ever.”

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:31:27 pm by jpsb »

Offline endicom

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »
I am not going to engage in the idiocy of talking to you about anything Trump.

Now the uniparty (D's and R's) is on the "What did the president know and when did he know it"

Democrats demand that Flynn’s resignation spur broader Russia investigation

Democrats hold no levers of power in Washington, but they have pulled out their megaphones to demand that Mr. Flynn’s resignation open the first chapter — not the last — of investigations into contacts between Trump aides and Moscow — during and after Mr. Trump’s campaign for president.

“Nothing about this resignation, or resignations that could occur in the future, precludes the Senate Intelligence Committee from continuing to investigate Gen. Flynn, or any other campaign official who may have had inappropriate and improper contacts with Russian officials prior to the election,” said Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee. “It is clear that our task is more urgent than ever.”

God help us!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline endicom

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2017, 05:38:19 pm »
You and the other NeverTrumpers will probably get your wish and see the administration fail. I hope you will be happy with open borders, no border security, massive Muslim immigration, endless wars, no Obama care repeal, no tax reform, etc etc. Guess you like business as usual huh?

As long as they can say they were holy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2017, 05:40:31 pm »

Or, maybe the Dems wish to sabotage an R president?  Or, the establishment types on both sides wish to maintain their power?  Or, both.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2017, 05:44:17 pm »

As long as they can say they were holy.

That is why I despise NeverTrumpers. They would rather see the in country ruins than see Trump successful. Just so they can say I told you so, NeverTrumpers work hand in hand with the Marxist Globalist Democrats to take down Trump. Well guess who will be running things when they succeed in taking down Trump. Hint it won't be Ted Cruz on that you can bet.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2017, 05:50:46 pm »
Or, maybe the Dems wish to sabotage an R president?  Or, the establishment types on both sides wish to maintain their power?  Or, both.

I vote "both."
I will NOT comply.