Author Topic: Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase  (Read 4457 times)

geronl

Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:00:43 pm »

A visitor to President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida posted a Facebook photo with a person he says is responsible for carrying the black bag that contains the nuclear launch codes for the president of the United States.

“This is Rick...He carries the ‘football’ The nuclear football (also known as the atomic football, the President's emergency satchel, the Presidential Emergency Satchel, the button, the black box, or just the football) is a briefcase, the contents of which are to be used by the President of the United States to authorize a nuclear attack while away from fixed command centers, such as the White House Situation Room,” the caption reads.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319211-mar-a-lago-guest-posts-pics-with-nuclear-football-carrier

OMG.... pics and the name of the guy carrying the nuclear football and guests allowed to take their pics with it.

OMG.

@AbaraXas

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:44:15 pm by geronl »

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:19:56 pm »
Hold my briefcase and watch this...

Holy crap.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 09:24:44 pm »
So, would this have been a Secret Service person in possession of the briefcase?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
I'm surprised they still use paper/Briefcases.

Not sure why 'the guy' would pose for a pic. Pretty stupid if it really is 'the guy'. But I'd imagine that anyone intending to try for that satchel alerady knows who carries it anyway so he's not in any more danger than ever. Nor are we. Anyone stupid enough to try would be dead before they had time to open the thing up for a peek.

I'd still get a 'new guy' though. And give the old one a nice pink slip.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:32:09 pm »
Not sure why 'the guy' would pose for a pic. Pretty stupid if it really is 'the guy'.

His name and face are now public, that is a security risk. (if true)

geronl

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:32:56 pm »
So, would this have been a Secret Service person in possession of the briefcase?

My question is, did Trump tell the guy to pose with the guests?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:37:48 pm »
His name and face are now public, that is a security risk. (if true)

Over the years I have seen 'the guy' in various admins in the background of a lot of news events. While it isn't remotely a good thing to advertize, it's not the first time 'the guy' been shown. Replacing him wouldn't be a bad move but I don't think it's an 'oh shit' moment for anything but his career. It's not like he takes the codes home or knows whats in the case. For all he knows he's a decoy. And for all the 'guest' knows, he was talking to a decoy in a sting operation.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:39:50 pm »
@geronl

The picture is not there anymore.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
Over the years I have seen 'the guy' in various admins in the background of a lot of news events. While it isn't remotely a good thing to advertize, it's not the first time 'the guy' been shown. Replacing him wouldn't be a bad move but I don't think it's an 'oh shit' moment for anything but his career. It's not like he takes the codes home or knows whats in the case. For all he knows he's a decoy. And for all the 'guest' knows, he was talking to a decoy in a sting operation.

I think Rick might be a decoy, but this is still crazy.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319209-trump-abe-discuss-north-korea-missile-test-in-public

Trump, Abe discuss North Korea missile test in public
By Ben Kamisar - 02/13/17 11:39 AM EST
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 09:43:32 pm »

geronl

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »
This has to be fake news.....they takes this job seriously I find it hard to believe they stop for pictures

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:00 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:11 pm »
@geronl

The picture is not there anymore.

It's around....

Can someone explain to me how some fat slob like this DiAgazio, who has only been a member there for 3 months, is allowed at these events? The SS needs to start cracking down on this shit. Any miscreant, terrorist or all around jack ass with $200K mambership fees can have access to the President now.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 09:55:03 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 09:56:18 pm »
Hubby says this is bullshit and I will go with his evaluation
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 09:56:54 pm »
The optics aren't good, but a quick google of 'nuclear football' shows alot of pictures of a guy supposedly carrying the 'nuclear football' during several different administrations.

Why the guy would agree to pose, even if he didn't identify himself as 'the guy' is another question. Can his arse.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:37 pm »
@mystery-ak

I just heard our spy agencies are not giving Trump information as they think Trump isn't secure enough to get it, that he lets information out.  I don't think Trump knows what he is doing as he has been "public" all his life - has always loved being in the public eye in newspapers and TV.  In his earlier company life, he would use a fake name and call up newspapers giving them tasty bits about Donald Trump to put in their newspaper so his name would always out there.  I wonder if he has ever kept confidential information to himself. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »
Looks to be real..if it is FIRE him

We May Now Know The Identity Of The Man Carrying Trump’s Nuclear Football

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/we-may-now-know-the-identity-of-the-man-carrying-trumps-nuclear-football/#ixzz4YbbyFRdp
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 10:09:35 pm »

The Facebook post, which was deleted Monday, revealed the first name of the service member as Rick, along with other photos posed with Trump. The post also revealed photos of Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after North Korea conducted a missile launch in the Sea of Japan Saturday. The photos were first publicized by Phillip Bump of the Washington Post.

A previous photo taken of Trump exiting the CIA on his first day in office appears to show the same service member carrying the “nuclear football” behind the president.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/we-may-now-know-the-identity-of-the-man-carrying-trumps-nuclear-football/#ixzz4Ybcs5Qcl
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:11:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »

The Facebook post, which was deleted Monday, revealed the first name of the service member as Rick, along with other photos posed with Trump. The post also revealed photos of Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after North Korea conducted a missile launch in the Sea of Japan Saturday. The photos were first publicized by Phillip Bump of the Washington Post.

A previous photo taken of Trump exiting the CIA on his first day in office appears to show the same service member carrying the “nuclear football” behind the president.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/we-may-now-know-the-identity-of-the-man-carrying-trumps-nuclear-football/#ixzz4Ybcs5Qcl

Different bags. One has 2 buckles, one has 3.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 10:15:26 pm »
This has to be fake news.....they takes this job seriously I find it hard to believe they stop for pictures

Yeah there is something not right with this story.

Secret service generally blend into the background and this guy is decorated like a Christmas tree. Being asked to pose for a pic is one thing I think they would refuse even the president asking.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
Good catch Norm..

Also the uniform at the dinner looks USAF instead of Army in the other....more confused
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
Yeah there is something not right with this story.

Secret service generally blend into the background and this guy is decorated like a Christmas tree. Being asked to pose for a pic is one thing I think they would refuse even the president asking.

That's what my hubby keeps saying..no way he would do this....
Support the USO