Author Topic: Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:02 pm »
Good catch Norm..

Also the uniform at the dinner looks USAF instead of Army in the other....more confused

And, one looked like Marine dress blues.

Maybe he's very diverse?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:19:26 pm by Sanguine »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:06 pm »
Different bags. One has 2 buckles, one has 3.

Studying that photo Trump's coat blocking a portion of that briefcase, there maybe another buckle there
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:18 pm »
Good catch Norm..

Also the uniform at the dinner looks USAF instead of Army in the other....more confused

I would think the 'football' would be a singular item or at the very least, a couple of the same exact bag for a number of reasons, not the least of which is familiarity/identification in case of emergency. They would be custom made so having various types seems odd.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:46 pm »

The Facebook post, which was deleted Monday, revealed the first name of the service member as Rick, along with other photos posed with Trump. The post also revealed photos of Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after North Korea conducted a missile launch in the Sea of Japan Saturday. The photos were first publicized by Phillip Bump of the Washington Post.

A previous photo taken of Trump exiting the CIA on his first day in office appears to show the same service member carrying the “nuclear football” behind the president.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/13/we-may-now-know-the-identity-of-the-man-carrying-trumps-nuclear-football/#ixzz4Ybcs5Qcl

Not much of a secret then if the guy is openly getting his picture taken out and about.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 10:22:34 pm »
And, one looked like Marine dress blues.

Maybe he's very diverse?

Those are the Army's dress blues..we have a set here belonging to Mike..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
Studying that photo Trump's coat blocking a portion of that briefcase, there maybe another buckle there

Look at the back 'arch'. There isn't enough room. If the coat is blockling anything it's just barely blocking an edge.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 10:40:27 pm »
Those are the Army's dress blues..we have a set here belonging to Mike..

It may be; I'm far from an expert.  Does like a lot like my son's DBs.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 10:43:06 pm »
@mystery-ak

I just heard our spy agencies are not giving Trump information as they think Trump isn't secure enough to get it, that he lets information out.  I don't think Trump knows what he is doing as he has been "public" all his life - has always loved being in the public eye in newspapers and TV.  In his earlier company life, he would use a fake name and call up newspapers giving them tasty bits about Donald Trump to put in their newspaper so his name would always out there.  I wonder if he has ever kept confidential information to himself.

Joining the de-legitamize Trump faction, are ya? I'm behind the curve on who is lining up with what group. But, I recognize credulity when I see it. Classic.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »
Good catch Norm..

Supposedly the uniform in the Mar a Largo picture is a Class B Army uniform, meaning "Rick" is off duty.

The other, outside photo show "Rick" in a Class A uniform, meaning on duty and carrying the football.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 10:55:45 pm »
Joining the de-legitamize Trump faction, are ya? I'm behind the curve on who is lining up with what group. But, I recognize credulity when I see it. Classic.

If that CIA thing is in fact true, I have to point out the absurdity of an agency worried about secrecy concerns over Trump being so public with information that in and of itself could prove damaging to the security they are worried about. Then there's the simple matter of the agency loaded with Obama hires/appointments not being trustworthy to begin with.

The biggest problem I have with these types of stories is that they all come from 'unnamed sources' in agencies that should know better/whose job it is not to leak like a sieve. I have no problem believing Trump has issues. Perhaps many. But the last peoples word I'll take as gospel are people that did overtime covering for Obama when actual truth did manage to sneak out.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 10:58:22 pm »
Supposedly the uniform in the Mar a Largo picture is a Class B Army uniform, meaning "Rick" is off duty.

The other, outside photo show "Rick" in a Class A uniform, meaning on duty and carrying the football.

Thanks skeeter...didn't recognize that jacket in the Class A...
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 11:12:38 pm »
@mystery-ak

I just heard our spy agencies are not giving Trump information as they think Trump isn't secure enough to get it, that he lets information out.  I don't think Trump knows what he is doing as he has been "public" all his life - has always loved being in the public eye in newspapers and TV.  In his earlier company life, he would use a fake name and call up newspapers giving them tasty bits about Donald Trump to put in their newspaper so his name would always out there.  I wonder if he has ever kept confidential information to himself.

:facepalm2:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 11:23:42 pm »
If that CIA thing is in fact true, I have to point out the absurdity of an agency worried about secrecy concerns over Trump being so public with information that in and of itself could prove damaging to the security they are worried about. Then there's the simple matter of the agency loaded with Obama hires/appointments not being trustworthy to begin with.

The biggest problem I have with these types of stories is that they all come from 'unnamed sources' in agencies that should know better/whose job it is not to leak like a sieve. I have no problem believing Trump has issues. Perhaps many. But the last peoples word I'll take as gospel are people that did overtime covering for Obama when actual truth did manage to sneak out.

I suspect a lot of info is restricted to a need to know basis even for the president no matter who that president is. There is so much secret info that no single person could be expected to know or keep track of it. Also there is no more secure system than for the president to not have info that could inadvertently slip.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 11:46:43 pm »
I suspect a lot of info is restricted to a need to know basis even for the president no matter who that president is. There is so much secret info that no single person could be expected to know or keep track of it. Also there is no more secure system than for the president to not have info that could inadvertently slip.

Generally speaking I agree. Compartmentalization is a good thing for security. My kid's last gig in the AF was flying Hagel and they had no clue where they were going half the time much less anything of natsec substance...and her clearances back then were pretty high.

On the other hand, I would expect the CIA, ESPECIALLY the CIA run and staffed by Barry and ValJar for 2 terms in this instance to ensure Trump didn't get info he SHOULD have in order to intentionally cause a national incident/war/terror attack/insert disaster here because they put power over country as a matter of course. Their record for integrity isn't exactly stellar.