Author Topic: For The Last Time: Stop Throwing ‘Never Trump’ Delusions In Our Faces  (Read 8532 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: For The Last Time: Stop Throwing ‘Never Trump’ Delusions In Our Faces
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2017, 03:09:24 am »
No, no, no.  Wideawakes was just another spin-off somewhat like this one.  CP was before my time also, but very different from Wideawakes or TBR.   Maybe a little like the current TOS.

WideAwakes was actually a contingency of TOSers who'd been purged over Rudy Giuliani's possible
run for the White House circa 2008 or thereabout (they were for Guiliani); many of them eventually
gravitated back, and a fair volume of them are now #EverTrumps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:09:56 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:41 am »
@SZonian, what post mentioned TBR?  I'm curious...I just want to see it.  Looked and couldn't find it.

That article is hysterical.  The moron who wrote it can KMA.  No one owes my vote and I'll continue to use it as I damn well please. 

"Our deplorable and calloused hands"....."While we were getting bloodied".  Lol, yes, what a bunch of revolutionaries.  Robinson tried to get some people together for an inaugural celebration, but he said no one was interested.  Those sagging recliners are just too comfortable.

Beck apologized for thinking Trump wouldn't make a good candidate?  He's foolish, then.  He witnessed the same campaign I did, and it was impossible to think that Trump would be anything but lousy.  Because he nominated a very good candidate for the Supreme Court doesn't mean I'm going to lose my mind.  I'll judge Trump on a case by case basis.

"This is a very targeted and deliberate Cold Anger surrounding you and the swamp creatures of your affiliation. This sensibility never forgets."

Oh, wow, this Sundance guy is a regular Ragnar Lothbrok, isn't he?  I'm terrified.  He's about as threatening as a week old kitten.  And someone should ask this "journalist" why he capitalizes random words.

"Perhaps it would be different if you ever had a come-to-Jesus moment and apologized immediately following the November election."

LMAO!
@CatherineofAragon

Let’s not forget all those ‘Never Trump’ Freepers who slunk off to other forum in a self-righteous snit. Some have returned, apology in hand. Good...takes a real man (or woman) to do that.

194 posted on 2/1/2017, 12:01:40 PM by who knows what evil?

I surmise "other forum" means here since there were those here who went there and talked about it...

As for capitalizing random words, maybe it's TrumpKitKat girl or whatever her name is using a pseudonym? :silly:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2017, 05:01:58 am »
The Constitution of the US, so brilliantly created by the Founders, gave total countrol of the Executive to a single man.  That is the way we operate.
The FOunders limited the scope and power of the Executive as well. Those limitations have been severely eroded, and the Congress has failed miserably in keeping them in place.
To control that man, they also brilliantly gave the people and states powerful representation in the form of Congress.
And with the passage of the 17th Amendment, the states were pretty much kicked out of their representative body, making the election of Senators a popular free for all instead of the deliberate choosing of State Legislatures.
It is evil to the extreme that Congress does not, through its Constitutional prerogative and duty, reign in no matter who sits in the WH, as a single man by human nature, will allow power go to his head.
They all suffer from the same disease in that none are reining the other in, but abdicating their jobs to see what they can get out of the other. We have gone from checks and balances to conspiracy.

Your comments are the same for every present and prior occupants of the WH.
Yes, they are.
BTW, I was far more scared of the previous occupant than the present.
Not so much. The previous occupant was limited (to even a small degree) by the Congress, but more so by the outrage of the people. All America who knew the words understood the meaning of FUBO, and Americans were quite open in their disgust with the policies and behaviour of the Administration. That disgust and the associated delving into every facet of the administration's actions led to the truth being exposed even before the lies gained a toehold in the media. The newsreader bobbleheads could repeat the lies at the cost of their own diminishing credibility or do stories on cute little ducklings crossing the street, and often limited the former in favor of the latter. Those factors and constant, incisive scrutiny limited what the former could get away with.

Yet at present, the trend among the same populace who scrutinized every EO and edict of the Obama Administration is to fall into the somnolence associated with 'We Won", and with a Congress at least  carrying the same Party brand as the Executive.

The most dangerous situation is one in which all parties in DC are in agreement, and the populist wave, often the same people who excoriated the previous administration are not lending the same amount of study to their newly elected leader.

The system was set up to be somewhat adversarial, otherwise the amount of vigor with which those we have granted the power of their office will be scrutinized in their actions will suffer. Frankly, those of us who are of a conservative bent will allow neither side of the aisle a pass, because we operate on principle. Those who are willing to proclaim they love the man, and will not criticize him nor tolerate criticism any more than a schoolboy wants to hear his 'true love' is unfaithful, will persist in denial, and casting principles to the four winds continue to support someone or policy which is unworthy of support.

All should be scrutinized, dispassionately, with the same level of incisiveness. All have the ability to abuse more power than ever within our Government, and frankly, the relinquishment of some of that usurped power to the States and the People is my aim, not the garnering of more to any branch of the Federal Government regardless of who is at the helm.

Obviously, we have not been able to depend on the (leftist) opposition for any dispassionate analysis of anything. They live in their emotion and simply are not capable. We have all depended on Conservatives who have been able to articulate the underpinning logic and Constitutional Authority for the actions of any branch of Government, or we have opposed such actions. That is the fundamental nature of Conservatism, a belief in rational and moral principles, and, in government and politics, the application of those principles to law, as limited or empowered by the Constitution.

Many of us who had little use for the last administration were at least consoled by the occasional resistance along partisan lines to that administration. However, that resistance was seriously flawed, in that it was often too little or absent when it came to the more totalitarian aspects of the Obama administration. Should this president align with the apparent progressive nature of most of the current GOP as expressed by the lack of meaningful resistance, the absence of resistance from Congress will again be manifest, and the Republic, as a Constitutionally governed entity will further suffer.

Expect vigilance, especially from those of us who will analyze the actions of this administration against principles, for eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty. Failure to pay that price may well cost more of what precious little Liberty we have left.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:29:16 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2017, 05:13:39 am »
Well, it took a while, but someone over there decide to finally "call out" those who left for TBR, the least of which was being NeverTrump.

Very selective recall and projection on their part.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3519989/posts?page=194#194
Wow. That's like having left a neat and orderly hospital and stepping back through the door to find the zombie apocalypse going full tilt. It had been a couple of months since I had been over there, but some folks are just too far gone over there for shots to do any good.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2017, 05:16:13 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Let’s not forget all those ‘Never Trump’ Freepers who slunk off to other forum in a self-righteous snit. Some have returned, apology in hand. Good...takes a real man (or woman) to do that.

194 posted on 2/1/2017, 12:01:40 PM by who knows what evil?

I surmise "other forum" means here since there were those here who went there and talked about it...

As for capitalizing random words, maybe it's TrumpKitKat girl or whatever her name is using a pseudonym? :silly:
This was my favorite for frothing at the mouth insanity:
Perhaps, some day, they shall renounce their apostasy, and their most sincere contrition will become acceptable in the eyes of their fellows, but all the oxygen in the room may disappear first.

9 posted on 2/1/2017, 6:33:40 AM by alloysteel (John Galt has chosen to take the job. This time, Atlas did NOT shrug.)
Emphasis mine. Apostacy?? I was never baptized into that religion, and if it has apostates, it is a religion.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2017, 05:29:12 am »
The FOunders limited the scope and power of the Executive as well. Those limitations have been severely eroded, and the Congress has failed miserably in keeping them in place.

In too many instances, Congress handed the executive branch certain powers previously restricted to Congress, while
looking the other way when assorted presidents assumed certain of those powers or took upon themselves to act
like the legislative branch. With the full acquiescence of the people who put those Congresses in place, people too long
in thrall to executive supremacism. When "the people" now complain about executive supremacism, they complain
about the monster they suckled. This is not to say they're wrong to complain, but there's a particular strain
of "executive supremacism for thee but not for me" at play now. Has been for long enough.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2017, 05:33:31 am »
This cultist can't even accept praise from someone who isn't sufficiently pro Trump. (Calls trump "emperor")

And I will never ever be on the same side as this kind of scum.

Could be he is just your garden variety sociopath.

BTW, if you are not on the side of this particular fellow, what side are you on? I'd like to know because it would be fun to see what sociopaths are hiding in that woodpile.

BTW BTW, why isn't that ridiculous pic of Donny and the mounted heads posted in the Donny Devotional Pics section? That masterpiece fits the bill to a tee.

BTW BTW BTW, have a nice day.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2017, 05:38:03 am »
In too many instances, Congress handed the executive branch certain powers previously restricted to Congress, while
looking the other way when assorted presidents assumed certain of those powers or took upon themselves to act
like the legislative branch. With the full acquiescence of the people who put those Congresses in place, people too long
in thrall to executive supremacism. When "the people" now complain about executive supremacism, they complain
about the monster they suckled. This is not to say they're wrong to complain, but there's a particular strain
of "executive supremacism for thee but not for me" at play now. Has been for long enough.
The voters keep reelecting the same people who perpetuate the usurpation, either because they agree with it, our of ignorance and/or laziness, or because that b@stard is their b@stard, and throws juicy scraps to the home district.
Allowing the Executive Branch such extraconstitutional power will only ensure a continuation of the shift of policy with the Party holding the Executive Office, and effectively undermines the checks and balances which were built into the system to keep our government from thrashing about, policy wise--an instability which neither endears our allies, builds economic trust, nor provides a stable basis for continued national integrity.

Our government was designed to be able to be changed in order to adapt to changing times, but not so much to be a volatile forcing agent of economic oscillations and policy reversals, rather to provide a stable legal platform for long-term prosperity.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2017, 05:45:47 am »
Wow. That's like having left a neat and orderly hospital and stepping back through the door to find the zombie apocalypse going full tilt. It had been a couple of months since I had been over there, but some folks are just too far gone over there for shots to do any good.

Wow. That was insane. What exactly is their end game with the hate? They want to hang Levin and Cruz who ended up supporting Donny.

I know one thing. I haven't been there in a long time and I don't plan on going back there for a much longer time (unless someone posts another trainwreck thread here again.)

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2017, 06:31:55 am »
Wow. That was insane. What exactly is their end game with the hate? They want to hang Levin and Cruz who ended up supporting Donny.

I know one thing. I haven't been there in a long time and I don't plan on going back there for a much longer time (unless someone posts another trainwreck thread here again.)
That's a Seriously Bizarro thread over there. I'm glad I got out when I did if that sort of thing is commonplace.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2017, 07:41:34 am »
I'm glad I got out when I did.

Me too. No need at all to go back there either.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:03 am »
That's a Seriously Bizarro thread over there. I'm glad I got out when I did if that sort of thing is commonplace.

What I don't understand is why so many of y'all go back there to see what the loonies are doing.  To me it seems like picking at a scab.  I have absolutely no interest in what the deranged denizens of FreeRepublic are still doing.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
What I don't understand is why so many of y'all go back there to see what the loonies are doing.  To me it seems like picking at a scab.  I have absolutely no interest in what the deranged denizens of FreeRepublic are still doing.
Yes. Right. Why do people invariably slow down and gawk at traffic accidents? Peer past the fire engines at a burning house? Watch planes crash on YouTube?
Humans are fascinated with disaster. We just don't particularly want to be active participants.
I only click on the occasional link, but that one was one for the record books.
That pegged the barometer...
Besides, if people out there really think that way in larger numbers, we're all in deeper doo-doo than I thought.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2017, 12:20:36 pm »
Yes. Right. Why do people invariably slow down and gawk at traffic accidents? Peer past the fire engines at a burning house? Watch planes crash on YouTube?
Humans are fascinated with disaster. We just don't particularly want to be active participants.
Besides, if people out there really think that way in larger numbers, we're all in deeper doo-doo than I thought.

I think its good because so many want to deny that kind of thinking exists at all.

While the chairborne rangers of TOS lack the courage or the ambition to do it themselves, never doubt for a second that they wouldn't justify and cheer the mass extermination of all who oppose them.

Oceander

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »
This cultist can't even accept praise from someone who isn't sufficiently pro Trump. (Calls trump "emperor")

And I will never ever be on the same side as this kind of scum.

As I said earlier, opposing the Trump cult of personality is a vital project.  The person who made this is one step from being a Brownshirt. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »
As I said earlier, opposing the Trump cult of personality is a vital project.  The person who made this is one step from being a Brownshirt.
Taxidermed human heads? What's next? Lampshades? Book covers?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:16:26 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2017, 02:37:12 pm »
Yes, they are. Not so much. The previous occupant was limited (to even a small degree) by the Congress, but more so by the outrage of the people.
Really?  Is that the reason we have Obamacare with zero GOP approval, Sotomayor an unabashed racist, degradation of the military to be some type of social experiment, Open Borders policy especially for infiltrating Muslims, debt run up more than all previous Presidents combined, etc, etc.

You call that limiting?
The most dangerous situation is one in which all parties in DC are in agreement, and the populist wave, often the same people who excoriated the previous administration are not lending the same amount of study to their newly elected leader.
Eh, that is also the most effective way to get things done if the good guys are in charge.  If the bad guys are, we get Obamacare.

See this post as well that is revealing.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245748.msg1211791.html#msg1211791

Those who are willing to proclaim they love the man, and will not criticize him nor tolerate criticism any more than a schoolboy wants to hear his 'true love' is unfaithful, will persist in denial, and casting principles to the four winds continue to support someone or policy which is unworthy of support.
I see very few being 'in love with the man'.  What I see are people who have been waiting for years to take back this country from the libs and the wishy-washy Bushes.
I like his actions so far, but many on this site are so anti-Trump they just begrudgingly say "Ok, that one is fine, but watch what happens next."  Good grief, let the man execute our way out of the mess created by others. That is who we elected.
All should be scrutinized, dispassionately, with the same level of incisiveness. All have the ability to abuse more power than ever within our Government, and frankly, the relinquishment of some of that usurped power to the States and the People is my aim, not the garnering of more to any branch of the Federal Government regardless of who is at the helm.
  Of course.

Expect vigilance, especially from those of us who will analyze the actions of this administration against principles, for eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty. Failure to pay that price may well cost more of what precious little Liberty we have left.
true as well

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »

I really don't. Every now and then, something of interest is posted, and I may go over to survey the particular wreckage the OP intends to draw one to, but left to my own devices, I neither go there, nor think about it at all. FR has been purged from my bookmarks, eliminated from my speed buttons, excised from my habits and norms, and wholly, and irrevocably, removed from my life.  And I can not see a single thing that would change that arrangement in the least.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2017, 03:21:39 pm »
@Doug Loss

There are still some decent and reasonable FReepers over there fighting on that thread and others with those who are clamoring for Ted's head...

I figure at some point, they'll be looking for a lifeline, so I keep my head down and my eyes open.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »

Why do you guys always default to the Nazi stuff. It could just be that this guy is just a slack jawed moron. We've always had them and we always will.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

I'm discovering that fact myself, among people I would never have suspected it from.

And yes, they are revealed to be True Believers in Trump, above just about everything else.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »

You have large amount of leftists who think it's ok to punch someone in the face if they're a Nazi.

You have increasing amounts of Trump supporters who feel Congress and the Constitution are just obstacles to Trump.

What Trump thinks I'm still not sure of but if you add the two above actions we're in for a world of trouble unless all this somehow peeters out in a few years.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »
I'm discovering that fact myself, among people I would never have suspected it from.

And yes, they are revealed to be True Believers in Trump, above just about everything else.

We have two groups of rabid extremists in control of the 2 major parties both daring the other to fire first out of a wrongheaded fantasy of final victory that will remain out of reach for both.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:06 pm »
We have two groups of rabid extremists in control of the 2 major parties both daring the other to fire first out of a wrongheaded fantasy of final victory that will remain out of reach for both.

That would be because neither one of those factions understands actual Liberty as it was intended for us - and if they do - they do not want it.

They want the "freedom" to do what they define and see as right in their own eyes.

Always ends in total disaster for a society that has arrived where we have.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2017, 09:27:38 pm »
That would be because neither one of those factions understands actual Liberty as it was intended for us - and if they do - they do not want it.

They want the "freedom" to do what they define and see as right in their own eyes.

Always ends in total disaster for a society that has arrived where we have.

Its why I choose federalism.

If someone wants to support gay marriage, more power to them as long as they leave my money and my state out of it.

If it isn't laid out in the US Constitution, the congress, courts, and the president can keep their stinkin hands off.