Author Topic: For The Last Time: Stop Throwing ‘Never Trump’ Delusions In Our Faces  (Read 8530 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: For The Last Time: Stop Throwing ‘Never Trump’ Delusions In Our Faces
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »
Yes, but it was a very, very much smaller executive and answerable to the States.
So you have zeroed into the challenge before us.

It had always been a challenge to ensure the single man in the WH could let it go to his head.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 03:34:06 pm »
#NeverTrump

Sorry, but with all due respect, Trump is an a$$ and, more to the point, has a very virulent personality cult that must be opposed whatever the merits of any particular action of Trump's.

No, the cultism is your albatross. Trump support is mostly pragmatic and far more so than the blind support for former Pub or Dem presidents.

You are prisoner to your emotionalism.

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 03:43:19 pm »
The nomination of Gorsuch is legimately a cause for celebration, and I give Trump credit for it.  He kept that promise. 

But I'm not getting aboard anybody's train and I'm not going to forget that Trump is who he is.

I'll note that he broke the promise he made  to reverse Obama's EO which prohibits "discrimination" against LGBTQ, or whatever the hell the letters are, in the workplace.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 03:58:53 pm »
The nomination of Gorsuch is legimately a cause for celebration, and I give Trump credit for it.  He kept that promise. 

But I'm not getting aboard anybody's train and I'm not going to forget that Trump is who he is.

I'll note that he broke the promise he made  to reverse Obama's EO which prohibits "discrimination" against LGBTQ, or whatever the hell the letters are, in the workplace.

As far as Gorsuch is concerned I know about as much about him as I knew about John Roberts when they were promoting him as the next William Rehnquist. I did a little research and went with my gut and was proven right about Roberts in the end. My best hope for Gorsuch is that someone at least marginally conservative picked him for Trump.

I'd like to know where he stands on things like eminent domain, campaign finance, federalism, etc.

As far as Trump is concerned, he's the same snake he's always been and will bute his supporters in the end.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »
Just saw this thread on TOS: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519989/posts

The Trump cult, and make no mistake, that is what a large portion of it is: a cult, is kicking folks out of spite even when they agree and support something that Trump does that happens to fit in with their personal beliefs.  How asinine and idiotic to push people away who support certain aspects of what Trump does.  Frankly, they should be thanking them for sticking up for Trump at a time when the left is in full meltdown over every single thing Trump does or says.
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »
As far as Gorsuch is concerned I know about as much about him as I knew about John Roberts when they were promoting him as the next William Rehnquist. I did a little research and went with my gut and was proven right about Roberts in the end. My best hope for Gorsuch is that someone at least marginally conservative picked him for Trump.

I'd like to know where he stands on things like eminent domain, campaign finance, federalism, etc.

As far as Trump is concerned, he's the same snake he's always been and will bute his supporters in the end.

@Cripplecreek

I'd be really surprised to find out that someone else didn't research and recommend him to Trump.  Outside of what I've found on my own, I like the fact that Ben Shapiro had reservations about Roberts, but is pleased with Gorsuch.

I'm under no illusions about Trump.  Like I said, I'm not getting on his train--or anyone else's, for that matter.  But I won't deny something positive when I see it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »
Just saw this thread on TOS: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519989/posts

The Trump cult, and make no mistake, that is what a large portion of it is: a cult, is kicking folks out of spite even when they agree and support something that Trump does that happens to fit in with their personal beliefs.  How asinine and idiotic to push people away who support certain aspects of what Trump does.  Frankly, they should be thanking them for sticking up for Trump at a time when the left is in full meltdown over every single thing Trump does or says.

@Hurricane Andrew

It's completely personal with those types...pure emotion and no reason.  They resent anyone who didn't offer complete loyalty to Trump in the beginning, and that will never be forgiven.

I'm about done with that site altogether, ever since I saw a post wishing early death on the children of a liberal politician.

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »

Sundance has his head so far up Trump's a$$ ........we know the rest
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 04:28:22 pm »

No, the cultism is your albatross. Trump support is mostly pragmatic and far more so than the blind support for former Pub or Dem presidents.

/snicker

If you want to see emotionalism, go look in the mirror. 

Yes, your cult of personality is an albatross around my neck, as it is an albatross around all of our necks. 

The big problem is those for whom Trump can do no wrong - his cult of personality - and not me.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Trumps S.court nomination but that does not blind me to the fact that so far on immigration and other issues he has been a f'cking idiot, nor does it blind me to the fact that a lot of his actions have been naught but paper, designed to dazzle the true believers but do nothing else.  Do you really think taking down a climate change website will have any effect on the regulations enforced by he EPA?  That's a trick pony and only a fool would think otherwise.  His politicization of the national security council - the addition of a zampolit - is disturbing.  His continued attacks against Mexico are as bad as Obamas denigration of Israel.  His continued browbeating of companies to kowtow and keep uneconomic jobs in the US for political purposes smacks of the same stupid games the democrat party plays with unions.  His unthought out removal of the US from the transpacific trade talks leaves the Far East on China's table with no counterweight to what China wishes tto do - might as well just cede the South China Sea to them now as well - and I could go on and on.  But why waste anymore of my breath since his sycophants and True Believers of the Church of Trump won't listen.  Heck, as he said during the campaign, they'd continue to support him even if he started shooting people on fifth avenue. 

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 04:33:00 pm »
When he is right, I will support that. When he is wrong, I will oppose that. That's as good as any get. What I will not do is tie myself into logical knots trying to support the man when I think he is wrong, and there are plenty who have abandoned principle for personality and done exactly that.
It isn't a question of supporting or opposing the man in the office so much as the actions which come from that office at this point, and to frame any opposition to policy as 'just being #nevertrump' is only a device to ignore the policy.

I'm with you on that, Joe.  I didn't vote for Trump and have serious doubts about him as a leader, but I'm going to watch what he does with as objective a gaze as I can manage.  This whole thing of screaming epithets at him before we see what he actually does makes the previously-#nevertrump folks doing it much less persuasive than they had been previously.  Seriously folks, just calm down and leave the shrieking to the leftists.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline endicom

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 04:33:22 pm »
/snicker

If you want to see emotionalism, go look in the mirror. 

There is little emotion in my posts while yours are little but.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 04:40:50 pm »

Show a link where he said that. I remember him holding a rainbow flag during rallies and saying he would be a friend of the alphabet crowd.

I don't have a problem with the conservative lgbtq crowd -there are many of them.

@CatherineofAragon

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 04:43:30 pm »
I think they added a few letters didn't they?

The LBGTQLDSFLKEOIRWELKNNEWORUTOUWEOR community needs our help. Or some such.

What would you expect now that we have 27 genders right?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 04:49:03 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I'd be really surprised to find out that someone else didn't research and recommend him to Trump.  Outside of what I've found on my own, I like the fact that Ben Shapiro had reservations about Roberts, but is pleased with Gorsuch.

I'm under no illusions about Trump.  Like I said, I'm not getting on his train--or anyone else's, for that matter.  But I won't deny something positive when I see it.

@CatherineofAragon

Seems that there are some concerns to be considered regarding Gorsuch and federalism.

Thoughts on the Gorsuch pick

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/01/31/thoughts-on-the-gorsuch-pick/?utm_term=.d839a54db697

I won't claim to be an expert like everybody else who never heard of the guy before yesterday but I'll do my own digging.

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
Show a link where he said that. I remember him holding a rainbow flag during rallies and saying he would be a friend of the alphabet crowd.

I don't have a problem with the conservative lgbtq crowd -there are many of them.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

I don't care how many of them there are; they don't deserve special treatment.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/mike-pence-promises-trump-will-repeal-obamas-executive-orders-day-one/

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 05:50:05 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Seems that there are some concerns to be considered regarding Gorsuch and federalism.

Thoughts on the Gorsuch pick

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/01/31/thoughts-on-the-gorsuch-pick/?utm_term=.d839a54db697

I won't claim to be an expert like everybody else who never heard of the guy before yesterday but I'll do my own digging.

@Cripplecreek

Yeah, I'm not an expert nor claiming to be.  I've done some reading myself, as time has permitted.

That said, considering that we've been screwed by judicial appointees before, it's healthy to be skeptical.  But does this look good?  I think we have to say yes.  YMMV

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 05:57:01 pm »
@mirraflake

I don't care how many of them there are; they don't deserve special treatment.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/mike-pence-promises-trump-will-repeal-obamas-executive-orders-day-one/
LGBTQ lies.  Pence nor Trump said they would remove protections.. LGBTQ Nation said they thought they would and so far it never happened nor will it.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 06:26:22 pm »
Trump now defines American conservatism for us and the world.

Why?

Because there is no one else to challenge him.

And as you've already seen for the past year, if you don't agree with him in all things, *YOU* are defined as 'not conservative'.

---

It's time to wake up and dump the new "conservative" moniker and stop trying to argue that Trump's not "conservative".  It's irrevocably tainted now.

The term "classical liberal" will probably be a more attractive "brand".

^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

Though I am using the term 'Constitutional Conservative' so as to delineate the difference between what Trump and his rabid militants are turning the definition into and what we actually are.  Though "Reagan Conservative' works as well.

Ultimately we are Originalists and wresting the language back from the Left and the Populists is not going to be an easy task - if possible at all.

Perception is always regarded as reality - even if it isn't.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »

There is little emotion in my posts while yours are little but.

Please provide proof, since you apparently spend an inordinate amount of time on my posts. If you can't, then please stop lying. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 06:35:52 pm »
^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

Though I am using the term 'Constitutional Conservative' so as to delineate the difference between what Trump and his rabid militants are turning the definition into and what we actually are.  Though "Reagan Conservative' works as well.

Ultimately we are Originalists and wresting the language back from the Left and the Populists is not going to be an easy task - if possible at all.

Perception is always regarded as reality - even if it isn't.

I figured that 'classical liberal' will be easier to sell to independents/liberals/youth, which means pulling more votes and reshaping the political mindscape for generations.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 07:08:20 pm »
I figured that 'classical liberal' will be easier to sell to independents/liberals/youth, which means pulling more votes and reshaping the political mindscape for generations.

Sneaky.  I like it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
When he is right, I will support that. When he is wrong, I will oppose that. That's as good as any get. What I will not do is tie myself into logical knots trying to support the man when I think he is wrong, and there are plenty who have abandoned principle for personality and done exactly that.
It isn't a question of supporting or opposing the man in the office so much as the actions which come from that office at this point, and to frame any opposition to policy as 'just being #nevertrump' is only a device to ignore the policy.

Can't be repeated often enough.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 08:23:58 pm »

Well, it took a while, but someone over there decide to finally "call out" those who left for TBR, the least of which was being NeverTrump.

Very selective recall and projection on their part.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3519989/posts?page=194#194
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 08:29:27 pm »
Personally I think its interesting that anyone is still talking about #nevertrump.

Hillary Clinton doesn't get as much attention.

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »
LGBTQ lies.  Pence nor Trump said they would remove protections.. LGBTQ Nation said they thought they would and so far it never happened nor will it.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

Take it up with Erickson, I guess.  I'm seeing a lot of articles that say it was a broken promise.