Author Topic: BREAKING: President Trump’s Pick for SUPREME COURT Has Just Been Revealed… Meet Neil Gorsuch  (Read 18921 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't talk Jazz! Prove me wrong by showing me exactly where that duty is conferred on the court by the Constitution!

Do that and the argument is forever over!

I predict he'll argue it's conferred on the court by, what is it, Marbury v Madison (?), which sounds a lot like the court conferred it upon itself.  If the argument sounds circular, it should sound familiar.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
000hehehehe

That's a funny thing to say, not laughing at anyone.

Just like most everything else he says it's funny because he has NO idea what is actually in a dirigible!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:35:25 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I predict he'll argue it's conferred on the court by, what is it, Marbury v Madison (?), which sounds a lot like the court conferred it upon itself.  If the argument sounds circular, it should sound familiar.

888high58888

I wouldn't touch that bet with YOUR money!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Don't talk Jazz! Prove me wrong by showing me exactly where that duty is conferred on the court by the Constitution!

Do that and the argument is forever over!

Article III of the Constitution.  It empowers the Court with "appellate jurisdiction", as to both "Law and Fact", over matters within its jurisdiction.

That means it can interpret the Constitution,  and authoritatively so.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Article III of the Constitution.  It empowers the Court with "appellate jurisdiction", as to both "Law and Fact", over matters within its jurisdiction.

It must be in the fine print...Because nothing in Article III says anything about interpretation.

That is an illogical leap you made on your own.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

YOU are completely NUTS and I'm done with you!   :seeya:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And so 9 Justices in black robes can decide to interpret the Constitution to mean that blacks are only 3/5ths a person and therefore ineligible to vote or that it also impels all White Southern Conservative males to pay 95% of their income for reparations for Slavery and that is Authoritative Constitutional Law according to your imbecillic and idiotic reasoning.

"Law and Fact" has become whatever they decide the law and the facts are.  Something you applaud with great vigor.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:50:29 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Interpretation means judicial activism...And according to you on several occasions judicial activism is bad.

So which is it?  Is judicial activism good or bad?

Or is it only good when it supports your particular brand of Liberalism.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And so 9 Justices in black robes can decide to interpret the Constitution to mean that blacks are only 3/5ths a person and therefore ineligible to vote or that it also impels all White Southern Conservative males to pay 95% of their income for reparations for Slavery and that is Authoritative Constitutional Law according to your imbecillic and idiotic reasoning.

"Law and Fact" has become whatever they decide the law and the facts are.  Something you applaud with great vigor.

And this is why people don't trust the courts.  It's not because they don't like the decisions, although that is an end result when any governmental entity arrogates that much power to itself.  It's because court is a crapshoot, who knows what a Judge will do on any given day when judges and lawyers can twist the meaning of plain words into whatever pretzel they like.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I wonder what someone here would say about  James Madison's statement that the accumulation of all government power in the same hands is the very definition of tyrany.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:07:10 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And this is why people don't trust the courts.  It's not because they don't like the decisions, although that is an end result when any governmental entity arrogates that much power to itself.  It's because court is a crapshoot, who knows what a Judge will do on any given day when judges and lawyers can twist the meaning of plain words into whatever pretzel they like.

That's why they call it "practicing" law.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
YOU are completely NUTS and I'm done with you!   :seeya:

Got you, dead to rights, bigun.

"Appellate jurisdiction" as to the "Law" means the authority to interpret the law and apply it to a set of facts.  Appellate jurisdiction refers to the Court's authority to pass judgement on decisions rendered by prior courts.  The ability to pass judgment as to both "Law and Facts" reinforces the Founders' intent to empower the court to determine the correctness of a prior decision in all respects, including its application of the law. 

Do that and the argument is forever over

And so it is.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's why they call it "practicing" law.

Lol! Quite true Fred!  888high58888
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:08:37 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder what someone here would think James Madison's statement that the accumulation of all government power in the same hands is the very definition of tyranny might mean.

It means "Why ain't you out pickin' cotton?" But that's just me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Self delusion is a TERRIBLE disease!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Interpretation means judicial activism...And according to you on several occasions judicial activism is bad.

So which is it?  Is judicial activism good or bad?

Or is it only good when it supports your particular brand of Liberalism.

Interpretation means interpretation.    Construction and application of the law to a set of facts. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Self delusion is a TERRIBLE disease!

A self diagnosis, I see.   Bravo, bigun,  now we're making progress.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Interpretation means interpretation.    Construction and application of the law to a set of facts.

Doesn't answer the question I asked you.

You have argued for and against judicial activism when it suits your purpose.

Why the double standard?

I'm just trying to get you to tell me when we're supposed to believe activism is good and when its bad.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hopefully someone her will explain the first rule of holes to our friend from Pennsylvania.  I have no more time for him.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hopefully someone her will explain the first rule of holes to our friend from Pennsylvania.  I have no more time for him.

Not me, dude!  I ain't starting a chess game with a pigeon tonight. **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not me, dude!  I ain't starting a chess game with a pigeon tonight. **nononono*

ROFLMAO!!!  Have fun!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Doesn't answer the question I asked you.

You have argued for and against judicial activism when it suits your purpose.

Why the double standard?

I'm just trying to get you to tell me when we're supposed to believe activism is good and when its bad.

It is good when the court is using "your" set of facts, and bad when they are using "their" set of facts.

Wingnut

Wise man.

I'm still trying to fill my dirigible with hot air.  I can't see Damn thing in there.   Could someone lend me a match and hold my beer.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

All I know about holes is that when the sky looks like this you win.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Wise man.

I'm still trying to fill my dirigible with hot air.  I can't see Damn thing in there.   Could someone lend me a match and hold my beer.

DAMN IT! You guys are KILLIN me tonight!

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

- J. R. R. Tolkien