Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America to begin accepting transgender boys  (Read 5044 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Boy Scouts of America to begin accepting transgender boys
« on: January 31, 2017, 04:46:04 am »
The Boy Scouts of America said on Monday the group would begin accepting transgender boys, bucking its more than a century-old practice of using the gender stated on a birth certificate to determine eligibility.

"Starting today, we will accept and register youth in the Cub and Boy Scout programs based on the gender identity indicated on the application," Boy Scouts of America communications director Effie Delimarkos said in an emailed statement.

Delimarkos cited shifting definitions of gender under state laws, which can "vary widely from state to state," in explaining the change.

She said that while the organization offers programs for all youths, its Cub and Boy Scout programs are specifically for boys. The change will allow children to apply even if male is not listed on their birth certificate.

[excerpted]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-scouts-america-begin-accepting-transgender-boys-004327894.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Boy Scouts of America to begin accepting transgender boys
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:50:40 am »
As an Eagle Scout I find this effing garbage and it makes the whole organization worthless. FU BSA.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:51:22 am »
As an adult leader, I could tolerate the homo youth.  We had a plan on how to manage/control any aberrant behavior.

When they allowed adult homo leaders, I resigned after 25+ years.

This is just one more step towards full "inclusion" of any and all "genders" into the Scouting program...regardless of the fact that there are Girl Scouts, Venture Crews, etc...the Boy Scouts had to be destroyed and it is.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 05:03:23 am »
This is just one more step towards full "inclusion" of any and all "genders" into the Scouting program...regardless of the fact that there are Girl Scouts, Venture Crews, etc...the Boy Scouts had to be destroyed and it is.

Exactly. The organization has been PC's to death. How the hell are camp outs and summer camp supposed to work now? The whole thing is absurd.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 05:08:17 am »
How the mighty have fallen. Once they accepted overnights with homo scout leaders, it was only a matter of time.

How many years until the first nude Jamboree?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 06:53:05 am »
For years the local Boy Scouts used the church in my neighborhood for meetings and events.  Once the organization allowed homosexuals to be scoutmasters, however, the church ended its arrangement with the local Boy Scouts chapter and instead partnered with a faith-based alternative group.    I think we may see more and more alternative groups springing up, and eventually, the Boy Scouts will cease to exist.  What parents would want to expose their young sons to such abominations?

debrawiest

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 12:12:00 pm »
For years the local Boy Scouts used the church in my neighborhood for meetings and events.  Once the organization allowed homosexuals to be scoutmasters, however, the church ended its arrangement with the local Boy Scouts chapter and instead partnered with a faith-based alternative group.    I think we may see more and more alternative groups springing up, and eventually, the Boy Scouts will cease to exist.  What parents would want to expose their young sons to such abominations?

Kudos to your church for making the right decision!
My dear grandfather was a scoutmaster for many years. He devoted much time and treasure to molding the young boys in his troop. He would be heartbroken at how the organization has devolved.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:47 pm »
Instead of the BSA:

http://www.traillifeusa.com/

Instead of the GSA (Girl Scouts):

https://www.americanheritagegirls.org/
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
As an adult leader, I could tolerate the homo youth.  We had a plan on how to manage/control any aberrant behavior.

This is nothing but a layer on the onion as is the LGBT.  Look at where the river flows and not at the boats floating in the current.

There is a destination and its a global movement.  It revolves around the full and open unfettered sex with anyone, anytime, anywhere and the last bastion to be overcome is sex with children.  The old line group that has a world wide footprint and goes to the highest or orders, be it the wealthy or the political connected.  NAMBLA, North American Man Boy Love Association has long since advocated for sex with boys as young as 5 years.  They are not far off from opening this door publicly.

I do not believe we will ever see another middle of the road Democrat ever run for POTUS.  The Democrat, a k a Progressive movement, Reality check: Communism!

I grew in an age when if you pulled the lever for a Dem or a GOp it really made no difference as they all shared the same values and you could expect mostly the same results.  That began to change in the 60's and what we have today is the spawn from that time.  Certainly the Boy Scouts  and I was one, had high standards and taught me a lot back in those days.  What kind of campfire talk are we going to have with a Homo leader and girls who wanna be boys and a few boys who wanna be boy toys.

What who is driving this train?  Look to the Federal GOVT is!  All that needs to be done is to lower the age of consent and your 10 yr old son is dating a 50 yr old man, and so is your 10 year old daughter...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 03:55:59 pm »

Your story is very similar to mine.  I currently refuse to even donate so much as a dime to BSA.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 03:57:25 pm »
Sad day for scouting.

Time for churches to divest themselves of the BSA entirely.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »
Guess we better learn to get used to this sort of thing.

Trump To Keep Obama Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Protections In Place

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,246959.msg1211446.html#msg1211446

Offline endicom

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
Sad day for scouting.

Maybe the churches can take a lesson from the BSA and not grub for taxpayer money.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:22:02 pm »
Sad day for scouting.

Already happening. Once  the Boy Scouts stops being an organization run by community and local parents, when the Boy Scouts becomes a "political" means to advance far-Left agenda, then why wouldn't Mom and Pop America say,

"You know what...screw this crap."

If Hollywood and the rest of those freaks want to raise children that way, then I don't care.

But to impose their perceptive belief on the entire nation, just because they believe that they are so divinely correct, is in fact fascism.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 04:28:16 pm »

Already happening. Once  the Boy Scouts stops being an organization run by community and local parents, when the Boy Scouts becomes a "political" means to advance far-Left agenda, then why wouldn't Mom and Pop America say,

"You know what...screw this crap."

If Hollywood and the rest of those freaks want to raise children that way, then I don't care.

But to impose their perceptive belief on the entire nation, just because they believe that they are so divinely correct, is in fact fascism.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 04:29:55 pm »
My oldest son is an Eagle Scout...I'll never forget the look of pure hate during the 2000 Dem Convention in LA when the people booed the Scouts as they presented the Colors to start the convention.

Wish we were on speaking terms now so I could ask him what he thinks of this travesty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
Wish we were on speaking terms now so I could ask him what he thinks of this travesty.

@DCPatriot is your son?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »

@DCPatriot is your son?

:silly:

Damn I'm old...but not that old!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »
Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts have fallen into a deep, dark pit of political correctness from which they never will emerge. It's time to support or start wholesome alternatives for children, whether church-based or not (e.g., 4H).

For many years, I was a Pioneer Club leader at my church. We sang songs, did crafts, played games, had a Bible-based lesson and did projects to help other people, meeting on Thursday afternoons for about an hour and a half. We took the girls bowling and to a local park for some hiking. I believe the boys' groups, led by responsible men in the congregation, went on camping trips.

If your church doesn't have such a group, think about starting one. Several churches can go in together on it. Besides Pioneer Clubs for girls and boys, there's Trail Life for boys, for example. If you're not into the Christian aspect of such a program, the local extension service may have something to offer, and they always can use volunteers. Our extension office not only is affiliated with 4H, it has programs to teach the children about gardening, animals and other outdoorsy stuff.

It's a sad thing, but scouting as we knew it is about to jump the shark.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 07:02:07 pm »
Are transgendered boys...

... boys who think they are girls?
... girls who think they are boys?

I can never figure the term out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

How long has it been since they actually said/meant this oath?

What a rotten shame that such a fine organization has sunk into the sewer of depravity....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »

It's a meaningless term because there is no such thing.  Male DNA is male DNA is male DNA.

The people they are talking about including are messed up little boys (probably messed up by their messed up parents).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »

I can't, either. If there's a photo, it usually becomes more apparent, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »
At what age is someone able to full understand and commit to the ramifications of being a transgender?  IMO not until the late teens at the earliest.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

geronl

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 07:52:20 pm »
It is child abuse and they are now enabling it