Author Topic: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide  (Read 7204 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2017, 12:17:59 am »
I am anything but a Trump defender but I most certainly am a TRUTH defender!  I fully intend to remain one of those for as long as I continue to suck air!

You can overlook the lies of the media all you want.  I will not!

I never pay much attention to a  media headline regarding a legal issue (or any other issue for that matter), it always make sense to me to go to the actual order or decision and read it and analyze it. But you keep up that truth seeking for those who read headlines only... :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:25:15 am by montanajoe »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2017, 12:20:41 am »
Now if we could just get a Judge and/or some LEO's to get rid of all the protestors at BWI right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2017, 12:24:24 am »
I never pay much attention to a  media headline regarding a legal issue (or other issue for that matter), it always make sense to me to go to the actual order or decision and read it and analyze it. But you keep up that truth seeking for those who read headlines only... :laugh:

Which is unfortunately a GREAT number these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2017, 12:24:38 am »
it always make sense to me to go to the actual order or decision and read it and analyze it. But you keep up that truth seeking for those who read headlines only... :laugh:

That's what I did (finally).  Short and concise, just as I like it.  Trump jumped the line here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2017, 12:25:42 am »
Now if we could just get a Judge and/or some LEO's to get rid of all the protestors at BWI right now.

It's Baltimore...right?   

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2017, 12:26:46 am »
That's what I did (finally).  Short and concise, just as I like it.  Trump jumped the line here.

And, just as I have been saying all through this thread, will have minimal effect on the overall state of Trump's order!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2017, 12:28:04 am »
It's Baltimore...right?

True...this is the post Baltimore riots PD we're talking about...my bad.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2017, 12:30:35 am »
Cry me a river boy, cry me a river...

Your concern over the headline of the story I referenced and not the text of the actual judge's order is telling..

If the Trump administration thinks for a minute they can ignore a Federal Judges Order with impunity they are dead wrong. I know Trump was to busy with his own personal Vietnam back in the fall of '73 to notice but Nixon's refusal to turn over the tapes was the beginning of the end of his presidency.

If Trump is wise he will listen to the top lawyers in the Justice department rather than his political advisers in dealing with this in the days to come...

Trump won the presidency in part because of the promises he made on several key issues; building a wall, stopping illegal immigration, repealing Obamacare and halting immigration from areas of known terrorists .... ALL are in the best interest of the citizen's of this country.  Those promises on immigration are ALL in the best interest of the SAFETY of the citizens and to maintain the sovereignty of this country. So far, more than any president that I can remember in a long time he is doing his darndest to keep those promises...meanwhile RINO's and DEMS are doing everything to ensure that he does not succeed as they know if he doesn't deliver he's done.

The way I see it if Trump doesn't deliver the GOP is dead in the water and we will lose our majority in 2018.  Most importantly, IF Trump cannot deliver on issues of immigration, we lose our sovereignty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2017, 12:33:04 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2017, 12:33:14 am »
True...this is the post Baltimore riots PD we're talking about...my bad.

That beotch Mayor and the AD will not do a thing.   Oonly hope will be having Homeland swoop in and bust some liberal heads.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2017, 12:33:25 am »
Trump won the presidency in part because of the promises he made on several key issues; building a wall, stopping illegal immigration, repealing Obamacare and halting immigration from areas of known terrorists .... ALL are in the best interest of the citizen's of this country.  Those promises on immigration are ALL in the best interest of the SAFETY of the citizens and to maintain the sovereignty of this country. So far, more than any president that I can remember in a long time he is doing his darndest to keep those promises...meanwhile RINO's and DEMS are doing everything to ensure that he does not succeed as they know if he doesn't deliver he's done.

The way I see it if Trump doesn't deliver the GOP is dead in the water and we will lose our majority in 2018.  Most importantly, IF Trump cannot deliver on issues of immigration, we lose our sovereignty.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2017, 12:34:48 am »
And, just as I have been saying all through this thread, will have minimal effect on the overall state of Trump's order!

But this is a self inflicted wound on Trump's part, any reasonably competent second year law student could have drafted the EO to include the language in the Judge's order and this would have been pretty much a non-issue for everyone but the looney left. Seems like Trump is relying on his political advisers rather than his legal staff to draft his EO's...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 12:43:59 am »
But this is a self inflicted wound on Trump's part, any reasonably competent second year law student could have drafted the EO to include the language in the Judge's order and this would have been pretty much a non-issue for everyone but the looney left. Seems like Trump is relying on his political advisers rather than his legal staff to draft his EO's...

That is true but it remains my view that WE should not allow - in fact help - the media to exploit the error!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:48:28 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2017, 12:57:03 am »
That is true but it remains my view that WE should not allow - in fact help - the media to exploit the error!

True dat!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2017, 12:58:37 am »

Basic difference of philosophy, in my view those on the right need to hold Trump's feet to the fire and not fall for the same hypocrisy as we saw with eight years of Obama.

Just saying they did it so we can too won't cut it and its not a sign of strong leadership. Trump and his supporters should just say we screwed up here and we will fix it instead of digging in thier heals and screaming Fake news, media bias etc... :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2017, 01:19:22 am »
Basic difference of philosophy, in my view those on the right need to hold Trump's feet to the fire and not fall for the same hypocrisy as we saw with eight years of Obama.

Just saying they did it so we can too won't cut it and its not a sign of strong leadership. Trump and his supporters should just say we screwed up here and we will fix it instead of digging in thier heals and screaming Fake news, media bias etc... :shrug:

Like I said before, you are free to help the media pick the Trump administration apart if that is what you want to do but I'm not going to do that.  As I see it they don't need our help!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2017, 01:19:29 am »

Where?  I just don't see an overstep. He is within bounds as far as I can see.  And I'm no Trumpster, BELIEVE ME.    **nononono*

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2017, 01:51:06 am »
The headline is misleading.  They only attempted to void a small portion. The effect was minute.
The headline is misleading because a judge cannot block anything.  He gives a ruling, and the ruling must be obeyed to be 'blocked'.

Wish some would stop giving more powers to these people than what they have.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2017, 01:55:53 am »
I never pay much attention to a  media headline regarding a legal issue (or any other issue for that matter), it always make sense to me to go to the actual order or decision and read it and analyze it. But you keep up that truth seeking for those who read headlines only... :laugh:
I used to be in journalism and one can slant a headline or article by implication.

Case in point is the recent burning of a mosque.  Here's some headlines.

Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames   https://thinkprogress.org/islamic-center-of-victoria-fire-8a683f632a7a#.jm996shyw

Do you think this article's headline was being suggestive at all?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2017, 02:07:20 am »
The headline is misleading because a judge cannot block anything.  He gives a ruling, and the ruling must be obeyed to be 'blocked'.

Wish some would stop giving more powers to these people than what they have.

This is a ruling from a Federal Court, the Court has original jurisdiction. Any Federal agency or Federal Employee violating the order of any federal court throughout the country would be in contempt. Trump and his administration will obey the order, after the political guys rile up the base the legal guys will sit down and have a come to Jesus moment with the administration. Something lawyers do all the time with difficult clients who don't understand the law and the ramifications of their proposed actions... :shrug:

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2017, 02:20:23 am »
This is a ruling from a Federal Court, the Court has original jurisdiction. Any Federal agency or Federal Employee violating the order of any federal court throughout the country would be in contempt. Trump and his administration will obey the order, after the political guys rile up the base the legal guys will sit down and have a come to Jesus moment with the administration. Something lawyers do all the time with difficult clients who don't understand the law and the ramifications of their proposed actions... :shrug:
Case in point:

Read this headline Judge in immigration case issues sweeping new order
http://www.scotusblog.com/2016/05/judge-in-immigration-case-issues-sweeping-new-order/

This more accurately reflects the power the judge has.  An order to block an order by Executive.

Guess what happened?  Obama and his minions did NOT obey the order, so the order was NOT blocked.

This is the correct headline to use for the order given by the judge in this case.
@montanajoe
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:20:46 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline beandog

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2017, 02:26:16 am »
Like I said before, you are free to help the media pick the Trump administration apart if that is what you want to do but I'm not going to do that.  As I see it they don't need our help!
888high58888

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2017, 04:03:50 am »
Where?  I just don't see an overstep. He is within bounds as far as I can see.  And I'm no Trumpster, BELIEVE ME.    **nononono*

@Drewsmum

The federal government has already issued visas to these people, meaning that they have already been granted legal entry.  Trump can order a stop to visas being issued, but he can't arbitrarily deny one already issued without new evidence being introduced.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:04:25 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-