Author Topic: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide  (Read 7203 times)

Offline montanajoe

Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:20:06 am »
The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has officially issued an emergency stay, halting President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at JFK airport Saturday following Trump's ban. Both men, Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshaw have been granted entry to the United States since.

Good, this needs to be thought out and narrowly applied.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide/ar-AAmml8l
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:46:24 am by montanajoe »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:22:57 am »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide/ar-AAmml8l

The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has officially issued an emergency stay, halting President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at JFK airport Saturday following Trump's ban. Both men, Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshaw have been granted entry to the United States since.

Good, this needs to be thought out and narrowly applied.

It appears Carter and Obama used this method.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:36 am »
This is a major crossroad for our country. A lot of prayer needs put into this. I'm dedicating my prayers at Mass tomorrow for this. I honestly don't know what to think. I need to consult Him for answers and direction. He hasn't failed me!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:12 am »
As  we say down here, this won't last till the water gets hot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:47 am »
It appears Carter and Obama used this method.

Carter and Obama banned LPR's from reentering the country?

Got a source on that?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 02:27:35 am »
Federal judge blocks Trump immigration order: report
By Brooke Seipel - 01/28/17 08:58 PM EST

The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has issued an emergency stay halting President Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday night.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Friday after Trump's ban.

Since then both men, Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshaw, have reportedly been granted entry to the U.S.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316714-federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 02:28:11 am »
Since when did the Eastern District of New York have jurisdiction nationwide?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 02:29:09 am »
Similar thing have been done many times over the course of time.  I'm not going to waste my time on Saturday night digging up sources.  You can look it up if you doubt me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:29:43 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 02:30:08 am »

Probably doesn't but I've seen other cases, where if a Federal Judge acts, then, that action is valid in all of the states until litigated further with another case or overturned.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 02:31:46 am »
Might as well address the issue of these black robe wearing tyrants, too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 02:34:50 am »

:amen:  No time like the present!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 02:36:31 am »
Probably doesn't but I've seen other cases, where if a Federal Judge acts, then, that action is valid in all of the states until litigated further with another case or overturned.

These immigrants aren't being imprisoned, they're being denied entry. I don't understand how Habeas Corpus can be used as a basis for this ruling.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 02:38:11 am »

Got that covered right here:

Article III, Sec 1

Congress can dissolve and establish our federal courts any time it pleases.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 02:39:16 am »
Can't say I didn't see the writing on the wall.  Not so sure it passes Constitutional test.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 02:42:19 am »
Can't say I didn't see the writing on the wall.  Not so sure it passes Constitutional test.

Yet Obama's Dreamer EO sails merrily along.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 02:43:45 am »
Got that covered right here:

Article III, Sec 1

Congress can dissolve and establish our federal courts any time it pleases.

Thats encouraging.

Now do you know where congress might find a pair?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 02:56:44 am »
This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.  I could absolutely scream "Isn't anyone paying attention to what happened over in Europe, do you want the same thing to happen here?"  I am hoping somehow Trump winds up prevailing on this one. God help us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 03:02:00 am »
This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.  I could absolutely scream "Isn't anyone paying attention to what happened over in Europe, do you want the same thing to happen here?"  I am hoping somehow Trump winds up prevailing on this one. God help us!

It has been noted on this forum that many of the countries with terrorism are not on the list.  Not known for what reason.  Some people have speculated.

I think that this will make terrorism worse.  It seems so obvious in my mind and I am a Conservative Christian.  If you want to turn people to terrorism make them your enemy.  I hate Islam but we have lots of Muslim families living in the US.  With young kids and access to the internet. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:04:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 03:02:24 am »
One judge.  No grit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 03:02:39 am »

I am wondering the same thing.  :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:10 am »
I am wondering the same thing.  :shrug:

Were you wondering the same thing when the Federal Judges blocked the Overtime rule last November.  :shrug:

This happens all the time and with Trump's penchant and the new found love of his supporters  for executive orders it will probably be happening alot in the future...

The EO will not stand because it is overly broad, if it was only aimed at those getting visa's probably would but by applying it to LPR's it is fatally flawed and no Court in the country will uphold it....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:39 am »
I smell an orange-fingered Tweetstorm a brewin', ol Donny's gonna be madder than a shithouse rat

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 03:22:11 am »
I smell an orange-fingered Tweetstorm a brewin', ol Donny's gonna be madder than a shithouse rat

I'm not sure, there are thousands of LPR's working in his hotels. It will be bad for business it they all decide to short sheet the beds :silly:

We can always depend on Trump to look out for his own interests first..

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:24:01 am by montanajoe »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 03:31:47 am »
It has been noted on this forum that many of the countries with terrorism are not on the list.  Not known for what reason.  Some people have speculated.

I think that this will make terrorism worse.  It seems so obvious in my mind and I am a Conservative Christian.  If you want to turn people to terrorism make them your enemy.  I hate Islam but we have lots of Muslim families living in the US.  With young kids and access to the internet.

ISIS and people from countries of known terrorists have already vowed to kill us.  To continue to allow these people into our country is sheer lunacy.  They already ARE our enemy.  We need to keep them out period.  Take a look at Europe (especially) Germany, they have lost their sovereignty.  Many are coming in under the guise of being Christian refugees and they are anything but.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 05:06:23 am »
ISIS and people from countries of known terrorists have already vowed to kill us.  To continue to allow these people into our country is sheer lunacy.  They already ARE our enemy.  We need to keep them out period.  Take a look at Europe (especially) Germany, they have lost their sovereignty.  Many are coming in under the guise of being Christian refugees and they are anything but.

Sorry to say it libertybele but you have been conquered by fear.  Europe is an easy target because they are so politically correct.  Yes we have to call terrorism what it is.  If its from Islamic terrorists its Islamic terrorism.  Obama was taking us down the wrong road.  I believe he was giving aid to the enemy.  We need to assure that our laws and the Constitution ring true in every state.  Europe is making the mistake of allowing religious law.  I have seen video's of Muslims in Europe spouting about Sharia Law.  Sharia law cannot be allowed in the United States.  If terrorism and foreign laws are being taught here in the Mosque we need to shut them down.  It isn't compatible with the Constitution and freedom for all.  If people want to come here they need to embrace freedom.  That is the error.  Not expecting people to integrate into a free society.  they can't do it they should leave.

Now there are places in the United States very close to Sharia Law.  We need to put an end to it.  No call to prayer.  It violates others freedom not to have religion broadcasted.  And they can't mutilate their daughters or marry them off at the age of 12.  They can't beat their wives or punish their daughters for talking to a boy.  They can't do honor killings here.  If they do they will be punished to the full extent of the law.  We do not have two separate laws. 

But as far as this goes its not Constitutional and it won't work.  All it will do is make terrorists out of people.  It will drive them into hiding and it will make militants out of their children.

And libertybele there are so many Muslim citizens living in our country.  They come from all those countries.  What should we do with them?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:09:44 am by Chosen Daughter »