Author Topic: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide  (Read 7213 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2017, 03:23:31 pm »
No one is disobeying this order!  It is also FAR less sweeping than some would like you to believe!
?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245994.0.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
http://conservativefiringline.com/obama-appointed-judge-issues-stay-trump-immigration-ban/
Obama-appointed judge issues stay against Trump immigration ban

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 04:22:15 pm »
http://conservativefiringline.com/obama-appointed-judge-issues-stay-trump-immigration-ban/
Obama-appointed judge issues stay against Trump immigration ban

We have seen many instances where judges appointed by Democrat Presidents have worked to frustrate the policy preferences of Republican legislators and Presidents. In fairness, this particular judge was a tough prosecutor in New York, and otherwise has an excellent reputation on both sides of the aisle.

While I favor a general ban on immigration from countries that harbor terrorists, the implementation of such a policy needs to be legislatively-initiated, carefully thought out and implemented so as to allow both monitoring and safe transit for those who have no known terrorist connections. 

As far as it goes, the President's immigration is far less far-reaching than it has been publicly portrayed as being by the adversary news media.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:29:02 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 04:26:41 pm »
Gee, when a federal judge blocked Obamas executive order immigration moves, the judge was hailed as a hero.  But when it's a Trump executive order?

Hypocrites.  There's not a dimes worth of difference between Obama's a$$ lickers and Trump's a$$ lickers. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
Gee, when a federal judge blocked Obamas executive order immigration moves, the judge was hailed as a hero.  But when it's a Trump executive order?
Hypocrites.  There's not a dimes worth of difference between Obama's a$$ lickers and Trump's a$$ lickers.
@Oceander

Yes, it was a federal judge in south Texas who stopped that immigration executive order Obama did.  Some have the mind set that if the dictator is on their side, whatever he does is fine.  It's that truth - they came for the Jews and I wasn't one, they came for the rich and I wasn't one, then they came for me.  Eventually, an executive order, or law Trump gets passed, will hurt them and their eyes will open and their ears hear.

Offline beandog

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »
Let me know when we start rounding up Muslims and killing them.  Until then know one that is not a United States citizen is entitled to be in or come to this country. **nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 05:46:16 pm »
Non citizens do not have Constitutional rights.

I believe the courts in the US extend the Constitution to those under the jurisdiction, and that is broadly applied.

Examples: An illegal immigrant in the US, a captured prisoner of war, etc.

Hence I think this case places them under jurisdiction since they hold immigration status documents; eg. "green cards."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 05:49:49 pm »
Let me know when we start rounding up Muslims and killing them.  Until then know one that is not a United States citizen is entitled to be in or come to this country. **nononono*

YOu think it's just Muslims that live in these countries?

Offline beandog

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »

Just because a Federal Judge ocassionally does the right thing does not make them all immune from criticism when they do the wrong thing.  It is the Courts that have given us abortion, gay "marriage" and the unaffordable are act.  If you want to worship at the feet of the Courts, feel free.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 07:11:28 pm »
Non citizens do not have Constitutional rights.

Yes, they do.  However, free entry into this country is not a Constitutional right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 07:17:01 pm »
Every time this grossly misleading headline recurs on the home page it pisses me off further!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:17:21 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »
Every time this grossly misleading headline recurs on the home page it pisses me off further!

You're not alone @Bigun

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2017, 07:25:13 pm »
The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has officially issued an emergency stay, halting President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at JFK airport Saturday following Trump's ban. Both men, Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshaw have been granted entry to the United States since.

Good, this needs to be thought out and narrowly applied.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-judge-blocks-trump-immigration-ban-nationwide/ar-AAmml8l

The headline is misleading.  They only attempted to void a small portion. The effect was minute.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 07:36:14 pm »

Cry me a river boy, cry me a river...

Your concern over the headline of the story I referenced and not the text of the actual judge's order is telling..

If the Trump administration thinks for a minute they can ignore a Federal Judges Order with impunity they are dead wrong. I know Trump was to busy with his own personal Vietnam back in the fall of '73 to notice but Nixon's refusal to turn over the tapes was the beginning of the end of his presidency.

If Trump is wise he will listen to the top lawyers in the Justice department rather than his political advisers in dealing with this in the days to come...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:36:45 pm by montanajoe »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2017, 07:39:20 pm »
Cry me a river boy, cry me a river...

Your concern over the headline of the story I referenced and not the text of the actual judge's order is telling..

If the Trump administration thinks for a minute they can ignore a Federal Judges Order with impunity they are dead wrong. I know Trump was to busy with his own personal Vietnam back in the fall of '73 to notice but Nixon's refusal to turn over the tapes was the beginning of the end of his presidency.

If Trump is wise he will listen to the top lawyers in the Justice department rather than his political advisers in dealing with this in the days to come...

The head line is an outright LIE  and no one is ignoring the judges actual order.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »

Some of us get banned for less than that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »

The truth is the truth.  Always has been and always will be.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 08:17:11 pm »

All executive orders are not created equal, mind you.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »
If the headline of this thread were changed to read "Judge allows vast majority of Trump's immigration  order to stand"  it would more accurately reflect the truth!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2017, 08:23:30 pm »

Yep.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2017, 10:07:29 pm »
The truth is this:

WHEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, attorneys, and all members and persons acting in concert or participation with them, from the date of this Order, are
ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen legally authorized to enter the United States

Which in laymen's terms means, Trump and all members of his administration or anyone acting for them cannot, from the date of the Order, deport or prevent anyone from from entering the Country whose:
1. Refugee application was approved prior to the order;
2. Those with a valid immigrant immigrant visa green card holders and othere and those with a valid non-immigrant visa like students and those travelling on business; and
3. Others from the named countries legally authorized to enter the country like military personal.

Instead of obsessing over a headline its curious why Trump's defenders don't ask their guy why his administration didn't include that simple paragraph in the EO. :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2017, 12:05:24 am »
The truth is this:

WHEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, attorneys, and all members and persons acting in concert or participation with them, from the date of this Order, are
ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen legally authorized to enter the United States

Which in laymen's terms means, Trump and all members of his administration or anyone acting for them cannot, from the date of the Order, deport or prevent anyone from from entering the Country whose:
1. Refugee application was approved prior to the order;
2. Those with a valid immigrant immigrant visa green card holders and othere and those with a valid non-immigrant visa like students and those travelling on business; and
3. Others from the named countries legally authorized to enter the country like military personal.

Instead of obsessing over a headline its curious why Trump's defenders don't ask their guy why his administration didn't include that simple paragraph in the EO. :whistle:

I am anything but a Trump defender but I most certainly am a TRUTH defender!  I fully intend to remain one of those for as long as I continue to suck air!

You can overlook the lies of the media all you want.  I will not!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:05:46 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2017, 12:09:46 am »
I am anything but a Trump defender but I most certainly am a TRUTH defender!  I fully intend to remain one of those for as long as I continue to suck air!

You can overlook the lies of the media all you want.  I will not!

888high58888

Truth. You speak it. You never have ignored media BS. Never will.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2017, 12:13:18 am »
888high58888

Truth. You speak it. You never have ignored media BS. Never will.

Thanks @EC:beer:

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien