Author Topic: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide  (Read 7205 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:47 am »
Huge protest happending right now at SEATAC airport as word gets out that legal travelers arriving are told they can't come in, and who are being detained. Crowd Shouting let them go, let them go.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 05:27:41 am »
Sure, we need an overhaul to our immigration system.  We have to get rid of Obama's policy of letting in everyone and anyone without making sure they aren't terrorists or violent criminals.  But this executive order, as I understand it, has gone too far. 

I don't like my president acting unilaterally in this manner.  We have a president, not a king.    Trump should remember that. 

Did he get legal advice from competent experts in immigration law?  Or from a few "yes" men? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 05:39:31 am »
Fed Judge blocks Trump Immigration Plan Nationwide

@montanajoe

Yet another CRAP headline!  The Judge did nothing even remotely like that!

Here is a link to the N.Y. Times Story with and equally CRAP Headline

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/us/refugees-detained-at-us-airports-prompting-legal-challenges-to-trumps-immigration-order.html?_r=0

Despite the CRAP headline, they actually get to the truth of the matter in the second paragraph!  (Quite good for them!)

The judge’s ruling blocked part of the president’s actions, preventing the government from deporting some arrivals who found themselves ensnared by the presidential order. But it stopped short of letting them into the country or issuing a broader ruling on the constitutionality of Mr. Trump’s actions.

I added the emphasis
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:51:40 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 05:43:23 am »
Sure, we need an overhaul to our immigration system.  We have to get rid of Obama's policy of letting in everyone and anyone without making sure they aren't terrorists or violent criminals.  But this executive order, as I understand it, has gone too far. 

I don't like my president acting unilaterally in this manner.  We have a president, not a king.    Trump should remember that. 

Did he get legal advice from competent experts in immigration law?  Or from a few "yes" men?

At my place of work Boeing we have customers airline representatives from these countries that travel back and forth. What a disaster it would be if their travel is banned, or worse they are detained. This has every indication of an I'll conceived executive order, with unintended cinscequences.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 05:52:15 am »

Sharia Law In Europe

Sharia law entered Europe after World War II when the weakened European nations withdrew from their colonies, bringing to Europe their former colonial subjects as refugees and cheap labor from such Muslim nations as Pakistan (UK), Turkey (Germany) and Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia (France).

Initially, Sharia law was applied discretely within the small Muslim enclaves of Europe. But after two generations of high birth rate and immigration into Europe, those enclaves have grown to where the Sharia law now challenges the Judeo-Christian foundations of their host European nations.

Sharia law is spreading almost unopposed in the former pro-Hitler nations, where lingering guilt over the Jewish holocaust now protects Sharia, seen as the law of another religious minority. Sharia courts presided by Muslim "peace judges" now dot Germany, where even non-Muslim German judges in German courts cite Sharia law and quote from the Quran to uphold polygamy and husbands' right to beat wives when judging cases involving Muslims.

In Austria, the government is convicting even non-Muslims of violating Sharia law. In 2011, Vienna High Court upheld the lower court conviction of Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff for making this factual statement about Muhammad: "We all know that Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6 years old and consummated the marriage when she was 9. Now, what do we call this behavior if not pedophilia."

In France, home to 7 million Muslims, the government no longer controls the banlieus (above, below is Venice, Italy), the densely-populated, predominantly Muslim ghettos that encircle most French cities and where the police seldom patrol. If that were to change, the Muslim population among France's prison inmates would rise even higher than the current 70%. All meat sold in Paris is now Halal, having been sacrificed to Allah the moon god.

In Denmark, Muslims are calling for areas with large Muslim populations like Copenhagen's Tingbjerg to become Sharia law zones patrolled by Muslim religious police modeled after Saudi Arabia's muttawa to apprehend and punish all Sharia law violators. Such Muslim police already exists in Spain, where Sharia courts now threaten women for driving cars or working outside the home. Recently, a woman accused of adultery was sentenced to death by a Sharia court and escaped it by seeking refuge in a government police station.

In Holland, where "Muhammad" is now the most common name for boys born in its four largest cities (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht), death sentences against Sharia law-breakers actually have been carried out. High profile victims include Theo van Gogh and Pim Fortuyn, both killed for criticizing the self-proclaimed "Religion of Peace."

In 2013, death sentences were issued against cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo and Jyllands-Posten, French and Danish newspapers, respectively, for drawing images of Muhammad, false prophet.

EU-citizen Muslims killed the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists in early 2015, massacred 130 people in Paris, France later that year, and 33 people in Brussels, Belgium in 2016. The Jyllands-Posten cartoonists continue to live under around-the-clock police protection.   

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-europe.html

BOOM! Texas BANS Sharia Law and the First Islamic Sharia Court in the USA is NOT Happy!

The first Islamic Sharia Court in the U.S. just got some very bad news, and Muslims are not happy.

In a close 5-4 vote, the city of Irving ruled to back the Texas state bill banning foreign law from the state. It basically would slam the door in their faces, preventing them from spreading Sharia throughout the country. Now they are accusing the city council of unfairly being targeted.

All four of the “voluntary” court’s lawyers were unlicensed in the state of Texas, a third degree felony. Mayor Beth Van Duyne received several phone calls on the matter. It seems that the Islamic Tribunal not only was unlicensed, but they failed to notify the city of their illegal court being operated in city limits. She promised to get to the bottom of it, and she did.

http://truthfeed.com/boom-texas-bans-sharia-law-and-the-first-islamic-sharia-court-in-the-usa-is-not-happy/16993/

You can see what has happened in Europe.  It is also incredibly apparent that there is a growing push by the Muslims in America to ignore our laws and replace them with Sharia.  Good for Texas.  We need to pass laws in all states banning foreign laws.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 06:56:13 am »
@Bigun

Didn't write the headline. Did read the Judge's order to wit:

IT APPEARING to the Court from the Emergency Motion for Stay of Removal, the other submissions, the arguments of counsel, and the hearing held on the 28th of January, 2017,

1. The petitioners have a strong likelihood of success in establishing that the removal of the petitioner and others similarly situated violates their rights to Due Process and Equal Protection guaranteed by the United States Constitution;

2. There is imminent danger that, absent the stay of removal, there will be substantial and irreparable injury to refugees, visa-holders, and other individuals from nations subject to the January 27, 2017 Executive Order;

3. The issuance of the stay of removal will not injure the other parties interested in the proceeding;

4. It is appropriate and just that, pending completion of a hearing before the Court on the merits of the Petition, that the Respondents be enjoined and restrained from the commission of further acts and misconduct in violation of the Constitution as described in the Emergency Motion for Stay of Removal.

WHEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, attorneys, and all members and persons acting in concert or participation with them, from the date of this Order, are
ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen legally authorized to enter the United States.

A poorly drafted, amateurish, overboard EO that went down in flames :shrug:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 06:57:09 am »
@Bigun

What happened is, the executive order went into effect immediately with people in the air with legal green cards to enter the country.  When these planes landed, the people were detained.  These people had no idea and no choice whether to come or not as they were already in the air to land.  Their cards were legal.  Now, those cards won't be issued anymore and this situation should not happen again. 

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:23 am »
@Bigun

What happened is, the executive order went into effect immediately with people in the air with legal green cards to enter the country.  When these planes landed, the people were detained.  These people had no idea and no choice whether to come or not as they were already in the air to land.  Their cards were legal.  .

@Victoria33

Not quite the thing I and the court have a problem with is the fact that the poorly drafted EO, caught and would continue to catch LPR's who travel out of the country if their nationality was from one of those countries. Green card holders are LEGALLY present in this country and deciding on a whim that should they leave the country that they cannot return is contrary to everything America stood for before Trump..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:14:05 am by montanajoe »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 07:55:42 am »
ISIS and people from countries of known terrorists have already vowed to kill us.  To continue to allow these people into our country is sheer lunacy.  They already ARE our enemy.  We need to keep them out period.  Take a look at Europe (especially) Germany, they have lost their sovereignty.  Many are coming in under the guise of being Christian refugees and they are anything but.

Isiah 41:10

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Don't bother quoting Scripture often. It doesn't sit right with me to do so. But you need be reminded of this one. He can be a bit hard to hear at times.

You aren't a soldier. Aren't a cop. So your way of fighting them is not to give in to fear. It makes them bigger. More dangerous. More of a threat. It's the only real weapon they have.
Why they are called terrorists, innit, as a colleague of mine would say.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 08:17:33 am »
Isiah 41:10

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Don't bother quoting Scripture often. It doesn't sit right with me to do so. But you need be reminded of this one. He can be a bit hard to hear at times.

You aren't a soldier. Aren't a cop. So your way of fighting them is not to give in to fear. It makes them bigger. More dangerous. More of a threat. It's the only real weapon they have.
Why they are called terrorists, innit, as a colleague of mine would say.

Thank you so much for that.  It is what I was trying to say.  To live in fear is to not trust the Lord.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 08:20:24 am »
At my place of work Boeing we have customers airline representatives from these countries that travel back and forth. What a disaster it would be if their travel is banned, or worse they are detained. This has every indication of an I'll conceived executive order, with unintended cinscequences.

Wow didn't even think of that.  Could affect many businesses in this way.  You could loose contracts.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 09:59:12 am »
@montanajoe

Yet another CRAP headline!  The Judge did nothing even remotely like that!

Thanx for getting the facts out Bigun.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »
@Bigun

Didn't write the headline. Did read the Judge's order to wit:

IT APPEARING to the Court from the Emergency Motion for Stay of Removal, the other submissions, the arguments of counsel, and the hearing held on the 28th of January, 2017,

1. The petitioners have a strong likelihood of success in establishing that the removal of the petitioner and others similarly situated violates their rights to Due Process and Equal Protection guaranteed by the United States Constitution;

2. There is imminent danger that, absent the stay of removal, there will be substantial and irreparable injury to refugees, visa-holders, and other individuals from nations subject to the January 27, 2017 Executive Order;

3. The issuance of the stay of removal will not injure the other parties interested in the proceeding;

4. It is appropriate and just that, pending completion of a hearing before the Court on the merits of the Petition, that the Respondents be enjoined and restrained from the commission of further acts and misconduct in violation of the Constitution as described in the Emergency Motion for Stay of Removal.

WHEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, attorneys, and all members and persons acting in concert or participation with them, from the date of this Order, are
ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen legally authorized to enter the United States.

A poorly drafted, amateurish, overboard EO that went down in flames :shrug:

@montanajoe

In small part only perhaps,  NOT at all what the headline I called your attention to would have one believe!

The headline is, just as I suggested to you, TOTALLY bogus!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 12:30:32 pm »
Can't say I didn't see the writing on the wall.  Not so sure it passes Constitutional test.

Non citizens do not have Constitutional rights.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 12:39:52 pm »
Non citizens do not have Constitutional rights.

My objection is to whether the president has the authority to issue such an edict in the first place. I believe he does not. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 12:44:48 pm »
@Bigun

What happened is, the executive order went into effect immediately with people in the air with legal green cards to enter the country.  When these planes landed, the people were detained.  These people had no idea and no choice whether to come or not as they were already in the air to land.  Their cards were legal.  Now, those cards won't be issued anymore and this situation should not happen again.

That's the bottom line. No judge can compel that a visa be issued.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 02:06:28 pm »
A state legislator of my acquaintance has posted this on Facebook:
The media's Fake News "Muslim Ban" #MuslimBan

A Muslim Ban does not exist.

There is a 90-day hold on people from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen. In fact the order states “I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order.”

Notice the actual executive order doesn't list any nations at all. It only list a code section. Now, that section of code was updated on December 18, 2015, as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016. That is where the list of seven countries comes from.

So who prepared this list?

Who was President on December 18th, 2015 when the list was created?

Now the left is calling it a Muslim Ban there is a problem with that. The 7 countries on the list prepared during the Obama administration are not the only Muslim nations in the world. They are not even the largest Muslim nations in the world by a long shot.

Here are the top Muslim Nations in the world by population, and none are on the list.

1) Indonesia 228,582,000
2) Pakistan 172,800,000
3) Bangladesh 162,221,000
4) Nigeria 154,279,000
5) Egypt 77,100,000

The largest country on the list is #7 Iran 70,495,782

Now if this was truly a Muslim ban, then wouldn't the largest Muslim Countries on the list?

I have also noticed that people are posting articles about the US refusing to take Jewish refugees in 1939. Well it was wrong in 1939 to ban the taking of religious refugees that were persecuted. We also learned our lesson. There is an exemption for those persecuted for religious reasons even if they are from one of those 7 counties on the list. So of you are a Syrian persecuted in your country because you are a religious minority such as a Christian, Jew, minority Muslim sect, then welcome to America.

This is a 90-day ban on persons from counties known to export terrorism until a vetting process can be set up with an exemption for the religious persecuted.

No Muslim ban, just good policy to keep our homeland safe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »
Just read on Twitter that the original ban did not include green card holders and idiot Bannon had it added.

Alt-right morons strike again.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 02:13:37 pm »
Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 51s51 seconds ago

Conway says those detained at airports can expect to be released after routine screening process finds they are "no further threat."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:05 pm »
Turns out that there is yet more to the story:

Obama-Appointed, Schumer-Allied Judge Blocks Trump on Deportations

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/28/obama-appointed-schumer-allied-judge-blocks-trump-deportations/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2017, 02:33:28 pm »
I know a judge issued an order, but does anyone know whether the Executive branch actually obeyed this order?

Methinks the headline is erroneous as the judge did not stop blocking refugees. He gave an order, big diff as it has to be obeyed to be a block.

The trend might be developing that out-of-control lib judges may issue orders that some refuse to obey.

The parallel is that sanctuary cities are already refusing to obey an order or law.

Watch closely on whether we descend into chaos.

It is what the libs want.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »
Trump would have been better off giving a 30 day warning or something. He totally bungled this and, as usual, played right into the media's hands. Made himself look like a bully. Made it seem like he was needlessly picking a fight and plunging the country into chaos. Banning green card holders is idiotic, but word on Twitter is that idiot boys Bannon and Miller overruled the DHS and insisted on their banning.

Ameteur hour IMO.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2017, 02:38:11 pm »
Thanx for getting the facts out Bigun.

You are quite welcome!  888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2017, 02:40:22 pm »
I know a judge issued an order, but does anyone know whether the Executive branch actually obeyed this order?

Methinks the headline is erroneous as the judge did not stop blocking refugees. He gave an order, big diff as it has to be obeyed to be a block.

The trend might be developing that out-of-control lib judges may issue orders that some refuse to obey.

The parallel is that sanctuary cities are already refusing to obey an order or law.

Watch closely on whether we descend into chaos.

It is what the libs want.

States disobeying orders is one thing, because that has federalism implications. But if Trump is disobeying a federal judge order, then we have a lawless Presidency. Fun and games once the liberals get into the Presidency again, and it will happen, and they will just ignore all judicial orders and we'll basically have dictatorships every 8 years switching sides.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 02:59:42 pm »

States disobeying orders is one thing, because that has federalism implications. But if Trump is disobeying a federal judge order, then we have a lawless Presidency. Fun and games once the liberals get into the Presidency again, and it will happen, and they will just ignore all judicial orders and we'll basically have dictatorships every 8 years switching sides.

No one is disobeying this order!  It is also FAR less sweeping than some would like you to believe!

- J. R. R. Tolkien