Author Topic: LYING IS BAD: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Defend Trump's Lies Just Because You Like The Outcome  (Read 19352 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As I see it, 'going after' Donald Trump is what we, as conservatives, should continue to do.

As the article states, "Lying is Bad."

It's remarkable that there should be any argument to the contrary, but here we are......

I don't know if DT will turn out to be bad or not, and anyway, that's not my call.  I'll leave that to our Creator.  I'm willing to give the guy a chance and quit  11513.  However, we've got a whole lot of clearly unabashedly bad going on, and we're too busy accusing others on our side of heresy that we don't have time or energy for going after the clearly bad.

Offline mirraflake

I wish y'all would go after the bad guys with as much vigor as you go after each other.

:shrug:

On side is good and the other is bad.  Any so called conservative who keeps bashing our President and giving fodder to the liberals I would have booted off of this site right after the election.

Trump so far has done excellent work but a few here keep bashing him. For what reason I have no idea but I have my suspicions.

@Sanguine

Offline musiclady

I don't know if DT will turn out to be bad or not, and anyway, that's not my call.  I'll leave that to our Creator.  I'm willing to give the guy a chance and quit  11513.  However, we've got a whole lot of clearly unabashedly bad going on, and we're too busy accusing others on our side of heresy that we don't have time or energy for going after the clearly bad.

I don't know about anyone else, but the energy I spend here standing up for conservative principles and morality doesn't require that much time or strength.

But I'm not going to stop speaking my mind (I know you're not asking me to do that), about things that are extremely important to me.

Social mores, knowing right from wrong, telling the truth, behaving with honor, understanding and sticking to the principles in the Constitution, are all things that I believe are critical to the survival of the Republic.

For me, outside of family and faith, that's as important as it gets.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mirraflake

I don't know about anyone else, but the energy I spend here standing up for conservative principles and morality doesn't require that much time or strength.

But I'm not going to stop speaking my mind (I know you're not asking me to do that), about things that are extremely important to me.

Social mores, knowing right from wrong, telling the truth, behaving with honor, understanding and sticking to the principles in the Constitution, are all things that I believe are critical to the survival of the Republic.

For me, outside of family and faith, that's as important as it gets.

So far Trump has been conservative to the core..cutting down gov't spending and employees, Pro Life EO's, great SC picks, fantastic cabinet nominations and strong border and military.

Yet you keep bashing him.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Any so called conservative who keeps bashing our President and giving fodder to the liberals I would have booted off of this site right after the election.

And we're thankful you do not have such power. 

There are myriad sites out there, including TOS that adopted that practice during the Primaries and continue that same policy to this very moment.

I'm thankful the owners here permit contrary opinions within the realm of what used to be understood as Conservatism rather than demand homogenous accolades to a cult of personality simply because he is leader.

Some of us still value principles above the devotion and obeisance to a man in office.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mirraflake

Because you would be in jail..BOOM

SRS I have never seen a conservative site that allows so called conservatives continually bash our new president like this one does.

Constructive criticism is fine, saying you don't agree with some of his decisions is 100% fine. I have criticized some of his moves so far and will continue to do so.

But the outright bashing you and music lady and a few others do is way beyond reasonable. I have seen less bashing on DU.

@INVAR

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So please stop. 

No.  Your request is denied @musiclady   If I have to suffer through your posts, you get to suffer through mine.   88devil

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:46:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

On side is good and the other is bad.  Any so called conservative who keeps bashing our President and giving fodder to the liberals I would have booted off of this site right after the election.

Trump so far has done excellent work but a few here keep bashing him. For what reason I have no idea but I have my suspicions.

Yes, the President has done excellent work ... and in ONE week @mirraflake   I really don't know what "conservatives" have to complain about with any of this:

January 20--January 27:

Trump erased all mentions on the White House web site of “climate change.”
Trump issued an Executive order to “ease the burden of Obamacare”
Trump returned the bust of Winston Churchill to the oval office
Trump signed an Executive order withdrawing America from the TPP treaty
Trump issued an Executive order starting the construction of “THE WALL.”
Trump ordered all federal agencies to stop issuing regulations immediately until the rule is reviewed and approved by the new president’s appointed agency head.
Trump issued an Executive order banning funding to foreign pro-abortion groups
Trump imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants
Trump announced a ban on visas from terrorist hotbed countries with inadequate screening
Trump announced the end of “Sanctuary cities” and the defunding of federal funds for any city that chooses to continue breaking the law
Trump announced the hiring of 10,000 new border agents
Trump signed an Executive order demanding the Secretary of Homeland Security publish a weekly list of violent crimes committed by illegal aliens
Trump signed an Executive order freezing the hiring of non-essential federal employees
Trump stopped payment on Obama’s final hour giveaway of $220 million to the Palestinian Authority
Trump used Executive orders to give the go-ahead to the long-stalled Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines
Trump asked for the resignation of the State Department’s senior management team
Trump announced his intention to withdraw From Climate & Environmental Accords Along With UN Funding Cuts of 40%
Trump halted all Obamacare ads
Trump tweeted “The #MarchForLife is so important. To all of you marching -— you have my full support!”
Trump signed an executive order to begin “a great rebuilding of the armed services of the United States”
Trump signed an executive order suspending the US refugee resettlement program for at least 120 days while tough new vetting rules are established

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:51:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LYING IS BAD: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Defend Trump's Lies Just Because You Like The Outcome

By: Ben Shapiro,

Ben Shapiro is an idiot. IF you are defending the outcome,you couldn't possibly have considered his promises to have been lies. It's a contradiction in logic.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wish y'all would go after the bad guys with as much vigor as you go after each other.

:shrug:

This site thrives on the conflict between Trump supporters, and Trump detractors.

Trump supporters are sinners, liars, goose-steppers, Nazis, fascists, dictators, racists, Hitlers, Mussolinis and want to send people to the overs (keyword for today).

E.G. all of the same themes from the leftist democrats, about Republicans dating to at least Reagan if not before.

I might be impressed, if somebody at the least got some original new material.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Since I flat out refuse to click on a link to RedState I will take your word on this. What I suspect is going on this that Red State (like Glen Beck and numerous other NeverTrumpers) is trying to make itself relent again. Well I can only speak for myself but this Trump supporter does not give a damn about what any NeverTrumper has to say about Trump, period. They have been proven wrong on everything they have ever say about Trump and have ZERO credibility on any and all things Trump.

If they want to talk about issues ok fine, we can talk, if they want to talk about Trump I'm not listening.

@jpsb, just for sheer curiosity's sake, I went over to redstate.com and did a scan of the front page.  I counted five complimentary articles about Trump, four critical, and one neutral (it was a clip of Ivana's toddler learning to walk in the White House).

I don't understand the idea that any of these sources are "trying to be relevant" again.  They've always been relevant and continue to be so, unless you think that the media should be biased toward Trump and do nothing but praise him.  Is that what you'd like? 

Failure to be be 100% pro-Trump has absolutely nothing to do with relevancy.  The claim is born from pure emotion, not fact.

Speaking of emotion, it's interesting to me that the only people you want to hear talk about your president are his fans.  Why?  Don't you understand that it's not your job to be a fan club supporter of a politician?  He works for you.  You owe him nothing.

Trump supporters cheer the concept of bringing union workers and Democrats and homosexuals and everyone else into the big tent.  Everyone except those who didn't vote for Trump.  That's the unforgivable sin, because you're too personally wrapped up in some guy in the Oval Office.

Ted Cruz apparently forgave Trump for slandering his wife, but you won't forgive, so to speak, those who didn't support your particular candidate for president.  Doesn't it seem to you that maybe your perspective is a little off?

Offline mountaineer

Nonsense.  You are free to believe whatever you like,  of course,  but you're still wrong. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Trump supporters are sinners, liars, goose-steppers, Nazis, fascists, dictators, racists, Hitlers, Mussolinis and want to send people to the overs (keyword for today).

Does that mean that Trump opponents, not all of whom are on the left, are nevertheless goose-branning, tofu-tonguing, veggie-
vaping, PETA-piping, portside prowling Commies, lefties, tyrants, Stalins, Maos, Hos, Pol Pots, and crockpots who want to send
people to workers' paradise gulags---preferably aboard overpriced and bankrupt bullet trains? ;)

Personally, I'd be afraid of sending people to the overs. Especially if (like me) they've never played cricket.

But let's have some original material, recommended for #EverTrumps and #NeverTrumps alike, not to mention anyone
not in either camp (including us who had the privilege and the option in their states to vote "none of the above"/"none of
these candidates") who thinks this business of treating a president like a monarch divinely ordained (whichever choice you
did or didn't have for the office), if not the alpha and omega of government, has gone several trifles too far:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:50:40 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Lando Lincoln

This site...

Well, I'm someone who doesn't thrive on what you are referring to.  There are a lot of us, actually.

You always have cool avatars that have a story to them.  What is this one?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DB

We are discussing the mindset, the meme, the zeitgeist and thinking whereby justifying the means to the end simply because someone we support is put into office - ends up in horror and catastrophe as history teaches.

I'm sorry if you cannot comprehend that the discussion is not always about Trump in particular, but the attitude that he and society are demonstrating in their promotion of ideas and actions that destroy the character of a nation.

We are discussing where such mindsets lead.  Whether or not Trump spearheads it, leads us into it or returns us back to righteousness, has yet to be seen.  But the wholesale acceptance and justification for the ends justifies the means, leads societies to their end.

I'm quite happy with a few of the initiatives and things Trump has initiated this past week.  I do not know if that will continue - or if this is just to get his list of promises out of the way so he can settle into ruling as he sees fit.

History teaches that among the constituencies that support the rise of despots, things improve dramatically for that constituency for the short term - before the consequences of a ruler's actions and appetites punishes the whole nation.

Unless we are wary of that fact and vigilant to prevent it - we run the risk of ending up just the same.

Thank you and I whole heartedly agree.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Does that mean that Trump opponents, not all of whom are on the left, are nevertheless goose-branning, tofu-tonguing, veggie-
vaping, PETA-piping, portside prowling Commies, lefties, tyrants, Stalins, Maos, Hos, Pol Pots, and crockpots who want to send
people to workers' paradise gulags---preferably aboard overpriced and bankrupt bullet trains? ;)

Personally, I'd be afraid of sending people to the overs. Especially if (like me) they've never played cricket.

But let's have some original material, recommended for #EverTrumps and #NeverTrumps alike, not to mention anyone
not in either camp (including us who had the privilege and the option in their states to vote "none of the above"/"none of
these candidates") who thinks this business of treating a president like a monarch divinely ordained (whichever choice you
did or didn't have for the office), if not the alpha and omega of government, has gone several trifles too far:

Fool Me Twice and Impeachable Offenses are good too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why do you completely ignore the facts about Reagan from the time he left the Democrat party until he became President?

Have you never read his writings from the 1960's on?  Did you never hear his speeches?

How can you make assertions about him and compare him with DT when you are completely in the dark as to who Reagan was (and who DT has been)??
i said Reagan CHANGED.  Where did I ignore what he did later?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EasyAce

Fool Me Twice and Impeachable Offenses are good too.
*making notes* Thanks! :D

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline musiclady

i said Reagan CHANGED.  Where did I ignore what he did later?

I repeat what I said.  Trying to make a parallel between Reagan, whose philosophy was consistent and whose party changed, and who expounded on conservative principles in speeches and writing for decades before running for President, and Trump, who flip flopped two or three times in a single paragraph, and who espoused leftist principles even as he was running for President is ABSURD.

There is no parallel.  There is no comparison.  And any effort to make it so will end up sounding nonsensical, because it IS nonsensical.

I'm not going to continue this pointless 'debate' because you haven't made any valid points to support your cause.

Reagan was a thinking, intelligent conservative.  Trump is nothing more than a poseur.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Aside from being a democrat who supported FDR that's not unexpected from a man who was a democrat at the time but to claim he opposed veterans is just plain lying. Using wikipedia as a source for anything remotely political is just crushing stupidity.
so you are saying Regean did not join that anti Vet group? I found one source that says he did, you offer no refute other than don't believe the source.

A convincing argument is for you to at least find a source instead of a blatant "throw against the wall to see if it sticks"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Because you would be in jail..BOOM

Thanks for illustrating yourself a tyrant devoid of an understanding of liberty and political speech.   

Jail, then ovens if you had your way I suppose.

SRS I have never seen a conservative site that allows so called conservatives continually bash our new president like this one does.

You people said the same thing about Trump as a candidate way back in the primaries.

You people have wanted a demanded an echo chamber from the moment Trump got into the race.

It's not surprising you are consistent with that demand, now that he's ruler.

But then BOOM!  That is what jails are for in your estimation: for political dissidents who have criticisms of their ruler.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

There are myriad sites out there, including TOS that adopted that practice during the Primaries and continue that same policy to this very moment.

I'm thankful the owners here permit contrary opinions within the realm of what used to be understood as Conservatism rather than demand homogenous accolades to a cult of personality simply because he is leader.

Some of us still value principles above the devotion and obeisance to a man in office.

What a complete scumbag. A little fuhrer like JR.

bleep dirtbag.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Thanks for illustrating yourself a tyrant devoid of an understanding of liberty and political speech.   

Jail, then ovens if you had your way I suppose.

You people said the same thing about Trump as a candidate way back in the primaries.

You people have wanted a demanded an echo chamber from the moment Trump got into the race.

It's not surprising you are consistent with that demand, now that he's ruler.

But then BOOM!  That is what jails are for in your estimation: for political dissidents who have criticisms of their ruler.

It's amazing how some (not you) have quickly forgotten the bashing W and even Rush Limbaugh took on TOS on a daily basis by members there. 

It's almost like this has never happened to  Republican President by members of the party.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EasyAce

It's amazing how some (not you) have quickly forgotten the bashing W and even Rush Limbaugh took on TOS on a daily basis by members there.

Not to mention that the slightest shred of reasoned (and much deserved, considering his floutings or mis-
understandings of the Constitution) critiques of W were ripped post haste as "bashing" by his acolytes. (Just as Droopy
Drawers Clinton and His Excellency Obama's sycophancies denounced even their non-vituperative, and reasonable
sounding critics, as bashers and haters.) The word no longer means a damn thing. It's one of those words deployed
like "haters," intended to choke discourse and nothing more, anymore.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:38:33 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And, that is the issue!  I am very reluctant to cross over to the #everTrump side because I have a real problem with the idea of president, any president, as a savior.  I have to admit that there was some of that with Reagan, and it made me uncomfortable then.  Seems like the uncompromising, unquestioning adulation is much, much worse this time (probably in response to how much trouble the US is in).