Author Topic: March for Life Rally [Live Thread]  (Read 4147 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
March for Life Rally [Live Thread]
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:49:30 pm »
Kellyanne Conway, senior counselor to the president, Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York, and several lawmakers speak at the annual March for Life rally on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.

Airing LIVE Friday, Jan 27 11:45am EST on C-SPAN

https://www.c-span.org/video/?422535-1/public-officials-address-march-life-rally

.........No mention of Pence in the blurb. Hmmmmmm

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: March for Life Rally [Live Thread]
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:52:00 pm »
Massive attendance at March for Life could extend crowd size chatter

After a week of debate over crowd sizes at various events in the nation’s capital, organizers anticipate a huge crowd at the March for Life Friday.

The 43rd annual pro-life gathering will get a boost from notable speakers, including Vice President Mike Pence, key adviser to President Trump Kellyanne Conway, Cardinal Timothy Dolan and NFL star Benjamin Watson, and unlike last year’s event, weather will not deter participants.

“Each of our speakers exemplifies this year’s theme, ‘the power of one’, in a beautiful way,” said Jeanne Mancini, president of March for Life. “Their words are sure to motivate the marchers, as well as the millions of pro-life Americans who will be watching, who dedicate themselves to restoring a culture of life in the United States.”

snip

The first March for Life drew an estimated 20,000 people, but in recent years, the event has exploded. An estimated 650,000 attended the 2013 event, although last year, a blizzard dumped two feet of snow on Washington and the crowd was much smaller.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/27/massive-attendance-at-march-for-life-could-extend-crowd-size-chatter.html

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »

How Ultrasound Became Political

The technology has been used to create sped-up videos that falsely depict a response to stimulus.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/01/ultrasound-woman-pregnancy/514109/

Article at link. Check out corrections at bottom.

* This article originally stated that there is "no heart to speak of" in a six-week-old fetus. By that point in a pregnancy, a heart has already begun to form. We regret the error.

** This article originally stated that the fetus was already suffering from a genetic disorder. We regret the error.

*** This article originally stated that Bernard Nathanson headed the National Right-to-Life Committee and became a born-again Christian. Nathanson was active in but did not head the committee, and he converted to Roman Catholicism after The Silent Scream was produced. We regret the error.

**** This article originally stated that the doctors claimed fetuses had no reflexive responses to medical instruments at 12 weeks. We regret the error.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:20:28 pm »
Mia Love, African American congresswoman from Utah is making a pro-life speech right now in congress.

I thought the experts told us all women are for abortion but Trump received 30 million female votes.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 04:34:43 pm »
The Hyde amendment has saved 2 million babies,  a good time to get all of this done.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 04:43:03 pm »
update

Airing LIVE Friday, Jan 27 12:00pm EST on C-SPAN

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »
Coverage of Women's March 129 Times Higher than March for Life:

http://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2017/01/26/media-bias-march-for-life/

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
Not seeing any aerial shots yet. Hard to judge crown size.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 05:31:19 pm »
Stickied and added to Above the Fold.

Make us proud, marchers, speakers and commenters here alike.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 05:36:44 pm »
58,000,000 Americans lost to abortion.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »
 :thumbsup3:
Stickied and added to Above the Fold.

Make us proud, marchers, speakers and commenters here alike.

:thumbsup:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 05:52:28 pm »
Mia Love rocks!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:58:59 pm by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:44 pm »
Thanks for the updates...watched VP Pence's speech...so nice to see his support!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 06:13:07 pm »
Trump's administration is a Pro-Life administration.  This will save countless lives, no doubt.  Thanks be to God!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 06:15:27 pm »

Abby Johnson with former clinic workers.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 06:17:56 pm »
VP Mike Pence to March for Life: After Defunding Intl Planned Parenthood, “Life is Winning Again in America!”

Vice President Mike Pence addressed a crowd of hundreds of thousands of people at the March for Life today. He said the pro-life movement will not rest until abortion ends in the United States.

“I’m humbled to be the first Vice President to have the privilege to attend the March for Life. I am deeply humbled to stand with you today,” he said. “It’s a good day. It’s the best day I’ve ever seen for the March for life, in more ways than one.”

Pence received a standing ovation from pro-lifers as he declared, “I’m pro-life and I don’t apologize for it.”

During his speech, Vice President Pence said the Trump Administration will continue working with pro-life advocates to defund Planned Parenthood, stop taxpayer funding of abortions, and to ban and late-term abortions.

Continued: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/27/vp-mike-pence-to-march-for-life-after-defunding-intl-planned-parenthood-life-is-winning-again-in-america/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 06:18:06 pm »
Trump's administration is a Pro-Life administration.  This will save countless lives, no doubt.  Thanks be to God!

Hope so. It will depend on whether Trump can, with the help of the Senate, fill judicial positions with the right jurists.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »
Paul Ryan's words, I wonder if Sen. Rand Paul, Libertarian Conservative is there?

Speaker Paul Ryan to March for Life: We Must Defund Planned Parenthood and Protect Unborn Children

Today, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) addressed the Americans who participated in today’s March for Life. He praised President Donald Trump’s executive order to defund International Planned Parenthood and said Congress will fight to protect unborn children :

“Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country march on Washington today, united around a single purpose: defending life.

“And, for the first time in a while, I am happy to say that the House, the Senate, and now the White House are united around that same purpose.

Continued: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/27/speaker-paul-ryan-to-march-for-life-we-must-defund-planned-parenthood-and-protect-unborn-children/

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 06:31:12 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »
Incredible speeches by two African-American leaders speaking out against the slaughter of black babies through abortion.

It must never be forgotten that one of the main goals of Margaret Sanger was to rid the earth of 'lesser' people.

God bless those who are speaking out against the genocide in their own communities.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 06:38:50 pm »
Hope so. It will depend on whether Trump can, with the help of the Senate, fill judicial positions with the right jurists.

The court in Tenn that struck down the "Yes on One" state amendment to allow for protective legislation to be passed now has two openings for Trump to fill -- one from BJ and one from, uh, cannot recall his name. Maybe started with an O? (Waking from a nightmare)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 06:42:29 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 06:52:00 pm »
It must never be forgotten that one of the main goals of Margaret Sanger was to rid the earth of 'lesser' people.

Literally, abortion is a method of ridding society of what a person believes is an "undesirable person".  The justifications for abortion are nearly identical to the justifications for slavery. "I don't want the government interfering in my private affairs. What I do with my property is my own business".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 06:54:49 pm »
Look at the group Abby brought!