Author Topic: March for Life Rally [Live Thread]  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: March for Life Rally [Live Thread]
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:52 pm »
How Ultrasound Became Political

The technology has been used to create sped-up videos that falsely depict a response to stimulus.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/01/ultrasound-woman-pregnancy/514109/

Article at link. Check out corrections at bottom.

* This article originally stated that there is "no heart to speak of" in a six-week-old fetus. By that point in a pregnancy, a heart has already begun to form. We regret the error.

** This article originally stated that the fetus was already suffering from a genetic disorder. We regret the error.

*** This article originally stated that Bernard Nathanson headed the National Right-to-Life Committee and became a born-again Christian. Nathanson was active in but did not head the committee, and he converted to Roman Catholicism after The Silent Scream was produced. We regret the error.

**** This article originally stated that the doctors claimed fetuses had no reflexive responses to medical instruments at 12 weeks. We regret the error.
Wow! what a bunch of lying garbage they tried to pass off.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 07:02:15 pm »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
This is awesome. The marchers are so much more respectable than the women's march. Yee Haw!

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 07:11:56 pm »
Those posted memes of VP Pence grab you by the throat.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 07:12:09 pm »
This is awesome. The marchers are so much more respectable than the women's march. Yee Haw!

That's because they know their value as people - not just pu$$ies.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 07:17:16 pm »
That's because they know their value as people - not just pu$$ies.

Is this word, perhaps, apt.... RE wimmenzes march?

hys·te·ri·a
həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
noun: hysteria; plural noun: hysterias

exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people.
    "the mass hysteria that characterizes the week before Christmas"
    synonyms:   frenzy, feverishness, hysterics, fit of madness, derangement, mania, delirium; More
    panic, alarm, distress
    "his fictional account of an alien invasion caused not-so-fictional hysteria among the radio audience"
    antonyms:   calm
        Psychiatry
        a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

@EC

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 07:18:09 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »
Man in left foreground is picking up trash  on the march route.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »
Is this word, perhaps, apt.... RE wimmenzes march?

hys·te·ri·a
həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
noun: hysteria; plural noun: hysterias

exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people.
    "the mass hysteria that characterizes the week before Christmas"
    synonyms:   frenzy, feverishness, hysterics, fit of madness, derangement, mania, delirium; More
    panic, alarm, distress
    "his fictional account of an alien invasion caused not-so-fictional hysteria among the radio audience"
    antonyms:   calm
        Psychiatry
        a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

@EC

Depends on the wimminz, my friend.  :laugh:

One of the differences between the two marches - and a very significant one - is The March for Life has a concrete reason to be. Something that can actually be pointed to. Life itself. Easy to keep yourself grounded on a fact.
The other one - well, most had no idea why they were marching in the first place. The reasons we did hear were both abstract and largely hypothetical. Nothing, in other words, to nail your colours to, and hence a prime breeding ground for mob behavior and mass hysteria.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 07:30:50 pm »
Depends on the wimminz, my friend.  :laugh:

One of the differences between the two marches - and a very significant one - is The March for Life has a concrete reason to be. Something that can actually be pointed to. Life itself. Easy to keep yourself grounded on a fact.
The other one - well, most had no idea why they were marching in the first place. The reasons we did hear were both abstract and largely hypothetical. Nothing, in other words, to nail your colours to, and hence a prime breeding ground for mob behavior and mass hysteria.
Good point. And they call conservatives "reactionary."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »
Good point. And they call conservatives "reactionary."

That is because they ALWAY project what they themselves are onto others!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:39:50 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »
LOTS of young folks. When I was there in the past, seemed a much older crowd than now. A very good thing.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 07:50:10 pm »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 07:53:26 pm »
Still marching by the Capitol.

Offline chae

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:38 pm »
I was there in 1994.  I was 17.  During the "town hall" style forum with our Representatives after, I called out Rep. Volkmer on how he could stand there and claim pro-life when he voted in favor of FOCA (freedom of choice act).  He tried to spin it and say that being in favor of it was a pro-life act, but it wasn't. 
He was voted out of office in the following election after something like 20 years or so.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 08:04:43 pm »
I was there in 1994.  I was 17.  During the "town hall" style forum with our Representatives after, I called out Rep. Volkmer on how he could stand there and claim pro-life when he voted in favor of FOCA (freedom of choice act).  He tried to spin it and say that being in favor of it was a pro-life act, but it wasn't. 
He was voted out of office in the following election after something like 20 years or so.

I once had the pleasure of confronting Albert Gore at a town hall,  over his flip flop on Life. His blustering and spluttering was a sight to behold.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 08:19:24 pm »
I once had the pleasure of confronting Albert Gore at a town hall,  over his flip flop on Life. His blustering and spluttering was a sight to behold.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »

lol!

Have had that one saved for years!

Silver Pines

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2017, 01:31:41 am »
lol!

Have had that one saved for years!

A genius he ain't!  The picture speaks a thousand words as they say!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2017, 04:16:11 am »
@don-o  @EC  @Bigun @CatherineofAragon

Keep it in perspective. Perhaps the wimmin in the other march deserved a small break from the criticism.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 04:28:09 am »
@don-o  @EC  @Bigun @CatherineofAragon

Keep it in perspective. Perhaps the wimmin in the other march deserved a small break from the criticism.

Once again, that meme is misleading, because it was a concerted demonstration to leave ALL signs in front of the Trump Hotel, Pennsylvania Avenue...up the street.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald