Author Topic: The Entire Senior Management Team At The State Department Just Resigned; Tillerson wanted a clean slate, he just got it.  (Read 10910 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Chavistas in Venezuela made it where experience, training and such were not important for jobs. Unqualified people were hired for technical positions. Educated people were eschewed. Political connections were the only concern.

I'm sure it turned out well.

How did that slug come to power in the first place Geron?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

The Chavistas in Venezuela made it where experience, training and such were not important for jobs. Unqualified people were hired for technical positions. Educated people were eschewed. Political connections were the only concern.

LOL. Yeah. Because we only have bus drivers available to fill these newly vacated SD positions.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This is dog simple. We have lived in a world where politically appointed (by the left) people have not only carried out Obama/Clinton leftist policies, but have taken it upon themselves to sabotage any non leftist president or institution (like the military). In no logical discussion can there be an arguement made for keeping such people in power. They belong in prison if not worse after trial for literal crimes against humanity.

Their goal was one of leftist globalism and they got literally millions of people killed as a result of their actions. So yes. The most raw, inexperienced guy off the street replacing them is an option orders of magnitude better than knowingly keeping such people in power and guiding the policies that steer American foreign policy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This is dog simple. We have lived in a world where politically appointed (by the left) people have not only carried out Obama/Clinton leftist policies, but have taken it upon themselves to sabotage any non leftist president or institution (like the military). In no logical discussion can there be an arguement made for keeping such people in power. They belong in prison if not worse after trial for literal crimes against humanity.

Their goal was one of leftist globalism and they got literally millions of people killed as a result of their actions. So yes. The most raw, inexperienced guy off the street replacing them is an option orders of magnitude better than knowingly keeping such people in power and guiding the policies that steer American foreign policy.

I have to agree with you Norm although I really don't think we will have to go that far.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
When I first saw the headline, I thought Trump's senior management team (Mattis, Tillerson, et al) had resigned.

I think if Trump continues his Twitter idiocy that might be the next shoe to drop. Then we're truly in dire straights IMO.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
When I first saw the headline, I thought Trump's senior management team (Mattis, Tillerson, et al) had resigned.

I think if Trump continues his Twitter idiocy that might be the next shoe to drop. Then we're truly in dire straights IMO.

But we'll still have love over gold, in that case.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

:amen:

Foggy Bottom has essentially been usurping the power of our elected leaders for a very long time, condescendingly pushing their own agenda over the know-nothing citizenry and elected representatives.  Time to show more of those weasels out the door.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Foggy Bottom has essentially been usurping the power of our elected leaders for a very long time, condescendingly pushing their own agenda over the know-nothing citizenry and elected representatives.  Time to show more of those weasels out the door.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

I've personally been waiting for this day for a LONG time!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:07:55 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Many people talk about shadow governments and such but that is exactly what the SD was. A law and rule unto itself working in collaboration with other governments to the benefit of global leftism and the power bases of fellow traveler/leaderships. It's interests were global, not American and they have steered world events in that direction for decades. It's not the stuff of conspiracy, it's their own history documented in their public (much less private actions for decades. If people take a step back and think about it objectively, it is pretty hard to deny the evidence of it.

Offline skeeter

The State Department needs an enema.

I guess that means no swimming in the Potomac for awhile.

Offline Frank Cannon

Many people talk about shadow governments and such but that is exactly what the SD was. A law and rule unto itself working in collaboration with other governments to the benefit of global leftism and the power bases of fellow traveler/leaderships. It's interests were global, not American and they have steered world events in that direction for decades. It's not the stuff of conspiracy, it's their own history documented in their public (much less private actions for decades. If people take a step back and think about it objectively, it is pretty hard to deny the evidence of it.

This is exactly why John Kerry always had as his mission, after losing the election, to become Sec of State. With the apparatus at Foggy Bottom and the world travel, he got to be the defacto President abroad. His fingerprints are all over that Iran deal more than Obama's.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If Trump accomplishes nothing more than cleaning out the snake pit that is the U.S. Department of State he will have been a YOUGE success!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Entire Senior Management Team At The State Department Just Resigned

by Tyler Durden

Update: according to a CNN report - so as always take with lots of salt - the story has shifted materially, because according to two senior administration officials, it wasn't a resignation by the State Department officials, but more of a termination: "the Trump administration told four top State Department management officials that their services were no longer needed as part of an effort to "clean house" at Foggy Bottom."

Patrick Kennedy, who served for nine years as the undersecretary for management, Assistant Secretaries for Administration and Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Joyce Anne Barr, and Ambassador Gentry Smith, director of the Office for Foreign Missions, were sent letters by the White House that their service was no longer required, the sources told CNN.

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration. The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

The White House usually asks career officials in such positions to stay on for a few months until their successors are confirmed.

"Any implication that that these four people quit is wrong," one senior State Department official said. "These people are loyal to the secretary, the President and to the State Department. There is just not any attempt here to dis the President. People are not quitting and running away in disgust. This is the White House cleaning house."

Mark Toner, the State Department's acting spokesman, said in a statement that "These positions are political appointments, and require the President to nominate and the Senate to confirm them in these roles. They are not career appointments but of limited term."

more at:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-26/entire-senior-management-team-state-department-just-resigned
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey dude. Look around. He have a 3 page trainwreck of a thread on this already.....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245592.0.html

Online Maj. Bill Martin

So Trump deserves even more credit for making this decision.

I didn't vote for him in the primary, though I did vote for him in the election.  But honestly, if I'd known he was going to do all this stuff, he might have been in my top 3 preferences rather than at the bottom.

Offline mountaineer

As I recall, we begged Dubya to clear the Foggy Bottom swamp of the commies and ne'er-do-wells after the Clinton years, but he didn't. Glad it's finally happening.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As I recall, we begged Dubya to clear the Foggy Bottom swamp of the commies and ne'er-do-wells after the Clinton years, but he didn't. Glad it's finally happening.

Yep! My first serious let down with him.  But definitely not the last.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline r9etb

Well, in W's defense, he didn't really have a lot of free time to pursue the project after 9/11....

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Well, in W's defense, he didn't really have a lot of free time to pursue the project after 9/11....

But it's not yet 9/11.  It's only 1/26.   That's part of what makes this so stunning -- none of us are used to an incoming President doing all of this so quickly.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:00:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Watched film "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi " last night, about the performance of political and careerists in the Obama-Clinton State Dept..

You can have all of them. Start fresh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

If they're looking for new jobs I can help:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hey dude. Look around. He have a 3 page trainwreck of a thread on this already.....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245592.0.html

And why the hell is it in National News instead of POLITICS?

It was the State Department, Not Sears & Roebuck.    :laugh:

Sorry for the dupe.....   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Entire Senior Management Team At The State Department Just Resigned

by Tyler Durden

Update: according to a CNN report - so as always take with lots of salt - the story has shifted materially, because according to two senior administration officials, it wasn't a resignation by the State Department officials, but more of a termination: "the Trump administration told four top State Department management officials that their services were no longer needed as part of an effort to "clean house" at Foggy Bottom."

more at:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-26/entire-senior-management-team-state-department-just-resigned

Either way works for me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

@Bigun

Maybe they can go clean up the mess they made.

Are you saying the State Department is supposed to clean up environment damage?!?

HonestJohn

When it's the 'institutional memory" of the State Dept that has caused the global terror problem? I'm good with a bunch of Basset Hounds in a clown car replacing them. Those people are everything wrong with foreign policy and have been all their careers.

Really?

How so?