Author Topic: The Entire Senior Management Team At The State Department Just Resigned; Tillerson wanted a clean slate, he just got it.  (Read 10909 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
@don-o! Good to see you.
Thank you and @EC

I have a category needing looking at and seeing if we can make a go of it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well done.

And there's that whole Arab Spring thingie.

Yes!  I'm getting old and a thing or to slips my mind every now and then.

Welcome back!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

According to Hannity on his radio show this is fake news.....Trump fired all the political appointees.

Yep

Four top career officials at the State Department left the same day Secretary of State-designate Rex Tillerson paid a visit to Foggy Bottom to introduce himself, officials said Thursday.

The four — including Patrick Kennedy, State’s long-time undersecretary for management, who had been with the department since 1973 — and the others left on Wednesday.

“As is standard with every transition, the outgoing administration, in coordination with the incoming one, requested all politically appointed officers submit letters of resignation,” acting State Department spokesman Mark Toner said.

“These positions are political appointments, and require the president to nominate and the Senate to confirm them in these roles. They are not career appointments but of limited term.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Well done.

And there's that whole Arab Spring thingie.

And the Israel-Palestinian thing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia