Author Topic: The Entire Senior Management Team At The State Department Just Resigned; Tillerson wanted a clean slate, he just got it.  (Read 10928 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The problem is that some of them will turn their fervor into groups like the ALF, which I had some personal and very dangerous business with, Earth First and other eco-terrorist groups.

Add them to the State Dept and other terror supporters either out of or soon tobe out of a job and you have the recipe for a homegrown insurgency. The hard left will never stand for a rollback of their 'gains'.

But as long as they are treated accordingly by LEOs and military, I'm good with it. Preferably in .50 cal doses.

Sadly, I don't think you are wrong. Some will always let passion become obsession.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline thackney

The problem is that some of them will turn their fervor into groups like the ALF, which I had some personal and very dangerous business with, Earth First and other eco-terrorist groups.

Add them to the State Dept and other terror supporters either out of or soon tobe out of a job and you have the recipe for a homegrown insurgency. The hard left will never stand for a rollback of their 'gains'.

But as long as they are treated accordingly by LEOs and military, I'm good with it. Preferably in .50 cal doses.

Getting them into a private terrorist group instead of their former government sponsored one helps give hope for their eventual jailing.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have to give the man his due. He has made some very good moves thus far. I hope that keeps up.

Right there with you Norm!   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Sadly, I don't think you are wrong. Some will always let passion become obsession.

That Portland anarchist getting slammed into the pavement today is gonna be a wakeup call for a lot of them. Some will seek safe space, but there is a portion that will go Palestinian.

Personally, I say good. It is going to have to be resolved the hard way because the left has brainwashed so many. Sucks, but it's just history repeating.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Getting them into a private terrorist group instead of their former government sponsored one helps give hope for their eventual jailing.

Yup. I have to say that reading the news today has given me the first actual hope I have felt in a long time. Hopefully I will come to regret my decision to not support Trump. He's going in the right direction. If he keeps the reins off the LEOs, we might get our country back.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I have to give the man his due. He has made some very good moves thus far. I hope that keeps up.

I'll say he has exceeded my low expectations/hopes.  I thought there was a good shot at getting a better SCOTUS justice than we'd get with Hillary, maybe some reforms within the bureaucracy, nd less social engineering in the military.  That was enough for him to get my vote.

Other than on trade, there seems to be a much greater emphasis on deregulation than I ever thought there would be, and he is still pushing back hard on the PC envelope rather than moving towards the middle and being accommodating.

It's a much more promising start than I expected.  In terms of the scope/impact of the apparent reform, it is so far reminiscent of Reagan, though Trump can't hold a candle to him personally.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
888high58888

Though part of me does think it is, for real. I normally like people who are passionate about what they do - doesn't matter if they're a scientist digging into the mysteries of the universe or a fry cook making sure each burger is just so, they are fun, invigorating, and their sheer joy makes me smile.

So a waste of passion on this scale - it troubles me.

Save your concern, EC.  They're crying because they know their jobs are based on partisan politics instead of actual science.  If it were based on science, it shouldn't matter who's in the White House.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Save your concern, EC.  They're crying because they know their jobs are based on partisan politics instead of actual science.  If it were based on science, it shouldn't matter who's in the White House.

THAT my lady is an EXCELLENT observation!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I could be wrong but I think most of these people are careerists who were filling posts normally held by political appointees. Most of them will just move back to their regular jobs.

@Bigun

Maybe they can go clean up the mess they made.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Maybe they can go clean up the mess they made.

That would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

Great, let us fill the government with people who have no idea what their doing and have no institutional memory.

What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Great, let us fill the government with people who have no idea what their doing and have no institutional memory.

Geron with all due respect, all of those people with institutional memory are the problem!  NOT the solution!  And besides that they aren't really going anywhere except back to their regular jobs. At least for the moment that is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

When it's the 'institutional memory" of the State Dept that has caused the global terror problem? I'm good with a bunch of Basset Hounds in a clown car replacing them. Those people are everything wrong with foreign policy and have been all their careers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When it's the 'institutional memory" of the State Dept that has caused the global terror problem? I'm good with a bunch of Basset Hounds in a clown car replacing them. Those people are everything wrong with foreign policy and have been all their careers.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. From time to time we've been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? All of us together, in and out of government, must bear the burden."

- Ronald Reagan
January 20, 1981
his first inaugural address
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

When it's the 'institutional memory" of the State Dept that has caused the global terror problem?

I thought maybe Islamic terrorists had something to do with it, but apparently it's all Bush's, Obama's, Hillary's and now Foggy Bottom's fault.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I thought maybe Islamic terrorists had something to do with it, but apparently it's all Bush's, Obama's, Hillary's and now Foggy Bottom's fault.

Geron it is apparent to me that you have no idea what has happened within the State department over the last 75 years or so and you REALLY should!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Of course the Islamic terrorists had something to do with it, but who has it been who has been determining how we should deal with those Islamic terrorists?  The "Blame America First" crowd has been running the State Department for far too long, and were particular emboldened/strengthened by having one of their own in the White House these last 8 years.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Longer than that, Maj Bill.

I do remember some of the directives - "Co-ordination directions for allied forces" they were called, or TP by the grunts - we got from the State dept. during 2002/2003 regarding how to deal with hostiles.

Made good firelighters and decent enough rolling papers in a pinch, so they weren't a total waste.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Was anyone watching the whole State Dept fiasco with documents? That swamp needed to be drained. They had gotten sloppy.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Norm Lenhart

Was it not Foggy Bottom that ran interference and hamstrung the military? Was it not Foggy Bottom that took part in forwarding Obama's open season shooting gallery that WAS the state of our military...with that military being the targets?

Ger, I get that you hate Trump. He's not my favorite person either. But don't let that obscure the reality here. The SD are POS and have been for DECADES going back to when Magnus was president. Even HE had to fight their cabal of leftist globalism.

Offline Frank Cannon

Spoken like a true Statist Leftist. Love seeing you pine for the solid statecraft of John Kerry, Marie Harf and Jen Psaki.....

You have officially become the Angry Snowflake of the site.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Here is a partial list of all the successes of the stripped pants crowd:

Helped Mao defeat General Chang in China

Helped China in North Korea leading to stalemate there

Undercut the government of SVN at a critical time allowing NVN to take over the place

Undercut the Contras in Nicaragua causing their defeat

Failed to do anything at all in support of the Green movement in Iran allowing the Mullahs there to remain in power.

Edit to add: Strongly aided the simple Agrarian Castro in coming to power in Cuba! Can't forget that little adventure!

What need do we have of that sort of institutional memory?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:44:25 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

The Chavistas in Venezuela made it where experience, training and such were not important for jobs. Unqualified people were hired for technical positions. Educated people were eschewed. Political connections were the only concern.

I'm sure it turned out well.

Offline Frank Cannon

Here is a partial list of all the successes of the stripped pants crowd:

Helped Mao defeat General Chang in China

Helped China in North Korea leading to stalemate there

Undercut the government of SVN at a critical time allowing NVN to take over the place

Undercut the Contras in Nicaragua causing their defeat

Failed to do anything at all in support of the Green movement in Iran allowing the Mullahs there to remain in power.

What need do we have of that sort of institutional memory?

:thumbsup: