Author Topic: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall  (Read 13889 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 01:06:01 pm »
I'm afraid this is backwards.  Trump is desperate to be acclaimed as the winner, and his insane compulsion to be lauded will jeopardize whatever he does actually accomplish.  Republican voters chose to ignore his megalomaniacal instability and self-aggrandizing lies during the primaries, but the national media will not, then Trump's delicate ego will force him to respond with more of the same.  At this rate he just actually *might* nuke Denmark.

Nope!

What I'm 'seeing'....when it comes to the media/press, he's taking "don't give them an inch or they'll take a yard" seriously.

His attitude is he's not going to let them create a lie....like for example, "Hands up, Don't Shoot!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 01:17:02 pm »
I get the feeling that all this crazed distraction and constant attacks on the media is to set himself up to deny deny deny deny whatever it is he is hiding.   Eventually, information will be revealed about this fakir and he has his mantra in place.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 01:19:48 pm »
Nope!

What I'm 'seeing'....when it comes to the media/press, he's taking "don't give them an inch or they'll take a yard" seriously.

His attitude is he's not going to let them create a lie....like for example, "Hands up, Don't Shoot!"

I support Trump completely in smacking the media down.  I like hanging the photo of the crowd in the press room, choosing reporters from the back of the room to ask the first questions, and climbing down their throats about the incorrect reporting on the MLK bust.  I applaud Trump's cabinet picks and his vigorous early actions with signed executive orders to move the economy.  I'm hopeful about his SCOTUS pick later this week.

Trump should not make the mistake of gentlemanly decorum that W made, and clearly he won't.  But he and his admin are digging a grave when they twist off on irrelevant questions which do nothing but serve his own ego and are easily disproven factually, particularly when he reverts to those same claims in unrelated and inappropriate moments like at the CIA.  His unquenchable thirst for adulation is going to be his downfall and the undoing of his good work.
James 1:20

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:45 pm »
I support Trump completely in smacking the media down.  I like hanging the photo of the crowd in the press room, choosing reporters from the back of the room to ask the first questions, and climbing down their throats about the incorrect reporting on the MLK bust.  I applaud Trump's cabinet picks and his vigorous early actions with signed executive orders to move the economy.  I'm hopeful about his SCOTUS pick later this week.

Trump should not make the mistake of gentlemanly decorum that W made, and clearly he won't.  But he and his admin are digging a grave when they twist off on irrelevant questions which do nothing but serve his own ego and are easily disproven factually, particularly when he reverts to those same claims in unrelated and inappropriate moments like at the CIA.  His unquenchable thirst for adulation is going to be his downfall and the undoing of his good work.

I hope as time goes on, he tempers that 'demon' he carries.

More 'winning' SHOULD do that to a person.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jpsb

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 01:57:47 pm »
I think it's funny. :laugh:

Me too, I think it is a great move.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 01:59:19 pm »

Yes because with all the important thigns he's done already in a few short days this is what's most important.

**nononono*

We're moving from the most incompetent President ever (Obama)...to the most childish one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »
I hope as time goes on, he tempers that 'demon' he carries.

More 'winning' SHOULD do that to a person.

I'm proud to join you there @DCPatriot, for the country's sake. 

:beer:
James 1:20

Offline jpsb

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 02:06:00 pm »
I'd hate to imagine what some of you will do when he does something that isn't merely funny, but something actually worth getting in a tizzy over.  You guys need to get a grip and learn to laugh a bit.  It's good for the soul!  Belly-aching is dyspeptic.

Most of them are NeverTrumpers that would rather have the Marxist globalist Hillary as pres. They will never "get over it" they make this place look like DU with their lies and constant insults. Fortunately besides being NeverTrump they are also never right.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:06:33 pm by jpsb »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 02:15:40 pm »
Most of them are NeverTrumpers that would rather have the Marxist globalist Hillary as pres. They will never "get over it" they make this place look like DU with their lies and constant insults. Fortunately besides being NeverTrump they are also never right.

This is the trouble you want to stir your second post back after being gone for a brief time?

Knock it off.  That canard died while you were gone.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 02:18:36 pm »

I'm sick of that crap. Take it elsewhere - not at TBR.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline beandog

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 02:28:45 pm »
I don't think it's a great move and I don't think it's a bad move, I just think it's funny.  Some things are just what they are and people getting their panties in a bunch about it is stupid.  I'm not going to spend my entire time being "horrified" about everything he does.  I will wait until he does something really horrifying. :shrug:

Online LMAO

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »
  I'm not going to spend my entire time being "horrified" about everything he does.  I will wait until he does something really horrifying. :shrug:

Ditto.

Between he and the press, they seem to be the only two obsessed with the crowd sized
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »
I quite like this. States during the inauguration that it's time to give power back to the people - hangs a picture of the people (not himself) in the press room first.

Probably accidental symbolism in this case, but good nonetheless.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 02:50:25 pm »
Quote from: jpsb on Today at 09:06:00 AM

This is the trouble you want to stir your second post back after being gone for a brief time?

Knock it off.  That canard died while you were gone.

"Most of them are NeverTrumpers that would rather have the Marxist globalist Hillary as pres."

I sincerely do not wish to stir anything up here, but I have an honest question, and I know I'm not the only one who has it.  I understand the reason behind the Mod comment - we have been told not to allege that anymore (that people that say they will never vote for Trump DO NOT necessarily support Hillary Clinton) - and that it is offensive and not true.  I get that.

What I don't get is that talk that is offensive to myself and other Trumpers here - that we are members of a cult, that we worship Trump, etc - doesn't get squashed by the Mods too?  It's not like we haven't asked it over and over. 

The facts are that no one should accuse someone of supporting Hillary without seeing where they have actually promoted that - the same as - no one should accuse someone of worshiping Trump without seeing where they have actually promoted that as well.  This addresses where most all of the complaints about uneven modding originate from - why can one group be offended by something and it become a rule that must not be broken, but another group gets equally offended by something and it continues to be allowed?

Sorry for going off-topic, and maybe it is something that should be discussed elsewhere - but it is a valid question, and I would love to hear a Mod answer to it.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 02:57:55 pm »
"Most of them are NeverTrumpers that would rather have the Marxist globalist Hillary as pres."

I sincerely do not wish to stir anything up here, but I have an honest question, and I know I'm not the only one who has it.  I understand the reason behind the Mod comment - we have been told not to allege that anymore (that people that say they will never vote for Trump DO NOT necessarily support Hillary Clinton) - and that it is offensive and not true.  I get that.

What I don't get is that talk that is offensive to myself and other Trumpers here - that we are members of a cult, that we worship Trump, etc - doesn't get squashed by the Mods too?  It's not like we haven't asked it over and over. 

The facts are that no one should accuse someone of supporting Hillary without seeing where they have actually promoted that - the same as - no one should accuse someone of worshiping Trump without seeing where they have actually promoted that as well.  This addresses where most all of the complaints about uneven modding originate from - why can one group be offended by something and it become a rule that must not be broken, but another group gets equally offended by something and it continues to be allowed?

Sorry for going off-topic, and maybe it is something that should be discussed elsewhere - but it is a valid question, and I would love to hear a Mod answer to it.

First you're not sorry for the thread jack.

Second...FFS how many more times do you need to be told that what you're hinting at is NOT the case here?  The Mods have answered this before as has the owner.  Why do you continue to stir the pot?  Do you just enjoy playing the victim card?  Or is this a coordinated effort to try and discredit TBR by people unhappy it's not worshiping Orange Jesus and allowing people to have differing opinions?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline corbe

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »

Quite elementary my dear, #NeverTrump never worshiped hellary so your premise is FALSE, whereas you and a few of your cohorts here ALWAYS worshipped Trump, no matter what he said or did, see how simple that is or is my logic really twisted (only 1 cup of java so far)?

PS:  #NeverTrump is as dead as 'all the way with LBJ!'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 03:10:35 pm »

Second...FFS how many more times do you need to be told that what you're hinting at is NOT the case here?  The Mods have answered this before as has the owner.  Why do you continue to stir the pot?  Do you just enjoy playing the victim card?  Or is this a coordinated effort to try and discredit TBR by people unhappy it's not worshiping Orange Jesus and allowing people to have differing opinions?

First, not trying to discredit TBR by pointing this out - it is a hijack, and for that I apologize - start another thread on it if you want to. 

Second, your comment is completely false, and at this point it has become a canard itself that we don't want people to be allowed differing opinions.  Just a red herring.  We just want the right not to be offended in the same way that others here demand. 

And third, - "worshiping Orange Jesus" - thanks for making my point.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »

This too - needs to stop and be taken elsewhere.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2017, 03:12:48 pm »

Quite elementary my dear, #NeverTrump never worshiped hellary so your premise is FALSE, whereas you and a few of your cohorts here ALWAYS worshipped Trump, no matter what he said or did, see how simple that is or is my logic really twisted (only 1 cup of java so far)?

PS:  #NeverTrump is as dead as 'all the way with LBJ!'

Again, thanks for making my point. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »

You need to get over things.  Period. 

I called @txradioguy on his nonsense, as well.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »
Again, thanks for making my point.

You have to share in the provocation.  I am so sick of this endless doo-wap crap. 
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »
First, not trying to discredit TBR by pointing this out - it is a hijack, and for that I apologize - start another thread on it if you want to.

YOU start the thread if you feel this is so important.  This thread was humming along jsut find until you and jpsb decided to start this crap.

Second, your comment is completely false, and at this point it has become a canard itself that we don't want people to be allowed differing opinions.  Just a red herring.  We just want the right not to be offended in the same way that others here demand.

Considering all the whining you and a couple others here do about any criticism of Trump...your complaint holds no merit.

The only ones demanding anything here are the virulent pro Trump people like yourself.

And third, - "worshiping Orange Jesus" - thanks for making my point.

Don't like it?  Quit broad brushing anyone who has even the slightest criticism of Trump as "anti trumpers" or "pro hillary"...YOU make MY point when you do that.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 03:18:06 pm »
Are we done now?
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »
This too - needs to stop and be taken elsewhere.

Sorry...just get tired of the knee jerk mindless response by people like jpsb and alice.  Just kinda ironic how they whinge about certain words used to describe Trump yet have no problem at all falsely and unfairly labeling people themselves.

They both could have taken this elsewhere...started another thread or even made inquiries via PM to the mods and the owner.

But that's too easy...it's the adult thing to do and they can't bring themselves to behave that way.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 03:19:45 pm »
Are we done now?

Yeah I'm done with both of them now.